Soccer/Fussball/Football/Calcio/Futbol 2018-19

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Yossarian™, Jul 20, 2018.

1. IndiBiker

IndiBiker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been reading up on Megan Rapinoe. More power to her!

Friday match will be interesting for sure.
    bassogap and Peels like this.
  2. bassogap

bassogap Kids in sports makes me an athletic... Supporter

Oddometer:
    She's greatly loved, here in Seattle. Power couple, with Sue Bird of the Seattle Storm.
  3. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    USA / France...2 great mangers . France has the home advantage for sure but in a heatwave USA has fitness and are more accustomed to summer ball. I am banking on Ellis to get the strategy right, and VAR to get some calls wrong " or letter of the law"-ed to someones favor.
    erinbomber and Peels like this.
  4. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    Salah.. 2 goals at the half ACON
    Peels likes this.
  5. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    here too.

at least in my home. Left wingers for the win. LOL

speaking of soccer couples.... has anyone seen Abby Wambach's wife, Glennon Doyle's explanation of the rules? classic. I lol'ed at this one. (my wife sent it to me but maybe it was posted here?)

https://the18.com/soccer-entertainment/glennon-doyle-how-offside-works
    erinbomber and gmk999 like this.
  6. bassogap

Oddometer:
    Oh, that is beautiful. Love it. Thanks.
    Peels likes this.
  7. erinbomber

erinbomber in awe

Oddometer:
    My home too. Huge pinoe fans!
    Peels likes this.
  8. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    What time is the mens game on and where is it televised? ( probably Univision)
  9. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    It's on at 8:00pm CST on FS1 (at least here in WI) on DirecTV. Not sure if that's the same out east, though.
    gmk999 likes this.
  10. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    Damn.. I unplugged (cable) a few years ago so I only get network..It is shocking to me that in the US A national team event is not shown on any standard network . They are often on Univision tho.
    Matchcast it is..
  11. bassogap

Oddometer:
    Fox bought the rights to the Women's World Cup in the US. Some of the games are on Fox. Most are on FSN1 or FSN2 (and/or higher numbered HD channels). At least a couple have been available only with Spanish commentary.
    Peels and gmk999 like this.
  12. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guys, get hulu live! $40/month they air 99% of games im lookin for. Havent missed a USA game yet. Though, I have Missed parts occasionally due to lag and hulu problems... or internet troubles... but its a wash, considering i lost HALF USA v Portugal to a torrential storm killing the signal in the 14' world cup. lol

we added on the AD FREE feature i think its like $52 now? (i was paying 150 for direct) So far we are happy. And get to watch the handmaids tale... of which, we are still shaken from yesterdays episode....

The men played OK last night. Considering we went with a few reserves.... Excellent goal by Jozy. great to see him on the scoresheet. I'm starting to feel better. I hope the trend continues.

added topic... Im liking Uniteds signings so far. Daniel James. exactly the kind of Player I look for. HUNGRY. Wan Bissaka should be a good addition to defense.

trying to avoid the "headlines" Its usually fun, but they are bad this year.
    BLucare likes this.
  13. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    I grew up watching that way! Foreign announcers are WAY better than ours. period. in fact, its one of the checks against MLS I have... lol I just watched Brazil play Australia on Telemundo... I can just about speak the language at a 5 yr old's level.... but I promise you, "penalty" sounds way cooler being screamed in spanish.. "PENAL PENAL PENAL!!!!!!"

WAY Back in the day.... i remember I would always Tivo the Argentinian Superclasico in spanish as well. River vs Boca. doesnt get much better than that. save for Ray Hudson.
  14. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    They played well last night, especially considering Berhalter made 11 changes to the lineup. They had their fair share of chances, too. I can't wait to see where these young payers are in 5 years.
    Peels likes this.
  15. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    yup!

Like I keep telling our club's board, soccer isn't near where we all want it. but its coming. may be awhile, but keep the pressure on.

adding to that... I took the kids to trampoline park the other day.... my son and his teammate.

while there, I counted 17 football kits. Which is awesome, because years agon i would never see any..... but. the even more awesome thing was who was on them.... Not JUST messi ronaldo etc...

Iniesta, Aguero, Rooney(my son lol), Marcelo, and a GIGGS!!!!! kid got a high five from us lol
    erinbomber likes this.
  16. UncleJ

UncleJ It's Happy Hour Somewhere

Oddometer:
    HA!

No Mo Salah? :2cry
    Peels and gmk999 like this.
  17. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    excellent match right now.

USA needs to keep the damned ball though! win it lose it win it lose it....

ugh! 30 minutes to go!
  18. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Take that, Cheese-eating Surrender Monkeys!

[​IMG]
    erinbomber, gmk999 and Peels like this.
  19. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    #pinkhairdontcare

get em Megan!
    erinbomber likes this.
  20. Dr Klaun

Dr Klaun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We’ve been in Paris all week - went to the first round game Monday night in Reims, which was tough to watch as the US didn’t seem in sync much of the game. Just got back to our hotel from the match tonight - atmosphere was unbelievable, about 60/40 French/US fans. Very loud, our girls experienced one of the great games by the US! The emotion and anticipation was truly over the top. Glad to have the chance to do this! I’d post pics but my phone was nicked the other night on the Metro. A story for another time...

Go USA!
    Peels, erinbomber, gmk999 and 3 others like this.