Soccer/Fussball/Football/Calcio/Futbol 2018-19

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Yossarian™, Jul 20, 2018.

1. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Great job by the USWNT today :clap

Now, can the USMNT pull it off against Mexico tonight?
  2. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    @UncleJ It's on Univision. Vamanos Estados Unidos!!! Vamos Vamos Vamos!!!
    BLucare likes this.
  3. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    Altidore was going to kick his ass!,, lmao. The ref saw it coming from half field away
    erinbomber likes this.
  4. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Boy that World Cup... emotions... the stupid Nike commercial... I teared up. Made me want to play or participate in a march or something. lol I’m over the moon for that Lavelle strike. My son and I at the same time “turn in and shoot!” Love when the players listen through the tv. her, Dunn, and Heath get my nod for unsung heroes... for effort. And Megan takes the pressure and she rides it.

What did I learn today? USA women on a different level than most of the world...

Christian Pulisic on a different level than most of his team lol

Men Looked like they might win it but, ya gotta take your opportunities..
    erinbomber and gmk999 like this.
  5. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Lots of ups and downs with that game. Mexico played their B+ side, kept their composure into the second half, and in the end they outshot us by a ton. Yeah, we had chances and got a bit unlucky, but Berhalter also needs to be better with subs. Our youngsters need to get real game time over the next year and a half, and need to demonstrate that they can push out the older guys. Bradley and Zardes, to name two, need to be phased out.

Anyway, I'm still optimistic. Good job to Mexico.
    Peels likes this.
  6. OuttaMyWay

OuttaMyWay I shook his hand!!!!!1! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Megan Rapinoe: No, I’m not going to the fuckin White House.

US Men: Us either.
  7. erinbomber

erinbomber in awe

Oddometer:
    Yeah, sometimes I feel sorry for Pulisic :lol3 He gets this look on his face, like "C'mon guys, help me out here..."
    Peels likes this.
  8. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    I feel bad about myself laughing at this... :photog
    gmk999 likes this.
  9. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    wow guys... think it might be time to take a social media break... Sport is the place to prove yourself on personal merit, which these women have. And its still crazy how people wanna beat them down because they dont agree with their pre-conceived ideology... the amount of homophobia and bigotry being wrapped in the flag and being called patriotism is truly nightmarish. Usually i'm unaffected, as i accept all ideas as worthy of consideration - but I feel like its eating at me. Close to home I guess, its my "hot button issue"

iv'e discovered there is a youth academy coach at our club that shares this racist, homophobic nonsense... I will be working to trim that fat off, or remove myself if unsuccessful. He is also a police officer.... *<rolls eyes 360 degrees>*
    gmk999 and UncleJ like this.
  10. UncleJ

UncleJ It's Happy Hour Somewhere

Oddometer:
    At the risk of having to use that classic brick wall emoji (or whatever they're called) ... :hide

Yep, welcome to 'Murica. Everything just has to be political, and you can justify anything via the internet (just go find my Falcon rocket launch thread, all of a sudden it turned into a flat earth flameola nutscape, I had Grainbelt throw it in CSM ... and it is still going believe it or not).

Don't worry, keep your mouth shut and everyone (and I mean everyone) will forget about it in a few weeks. Especially after the short-attention-span media move on to something else. But, one possible spark of hope is that quite a few of these nutjobs are only like that on the internet. Be careful ... just like we are amazed that this is worth it to them to make such a big deal of it, the opposite is true too, it isn't worth it for me (at least) to make a big deal out of it. Once someone is on the path to the dark side, reasoning or arguments or whatever ain't gonna work.

Anyway, what's going on the rest of the month? We got the rest of the African Cup, some summer friendlies, MLS. 'Pool gets to play the first EPL match on August 9th ... but that will be in the other thread. :D
    IndiBiker and gmk999 like this.
  11. dtirell

dtirell Dain Bramaged

Oddometer:

If you enjoyed the women’s World Cup, there will be NWSL games through September.
    erinbomber and Peels like this.
  12. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    lol @ the flat earth thing....drifting off course here... but my wife and I flipped on the flat earth documentary on netflix.... we are now dumber for it. But... cant decide if I want to feel bad for their impairment, or applaud them for their genius ruse. the VERY end was worth it though. should you need to unplug from life for a sec :)

I agree with your notion of people not that way in real life..just the internet(mostly im sure some are). The people that were in this thread Im speaking of, which was we planned a watching party and rented a back room at a pub for the community to come out, were mostly people I know. Strange.....

as far as footy...MLS is still going, we're going to watch DC and fire play end of the month... Our kids' summer 7v7 league starts TODAY. and we have an adult team for 7v7 too, made up of club coaches! Ive been running to get ready, but were still gonna get smashed. lol

itll be EPL madness before too long. :clap

also.... i somehow missed the news about Franky to chelsea!
  13. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Yep, Frank is back. He clearly has a passion for the club, and I hope he's the right fit. Sarri had no passion and wasn't the right fit, but we still ended up 3rd, sooooo... How bad could Frank mess it up? :lol3
    gmk999 and Peels like this.
  14. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    It's a complicated club (Chelsea). with real Problems at hand.. I don't see Frank as the Answer.
  15. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Wasn't Mou supposed to be The Answer and The Answer 2.0?
    BLucare and gmk999 like this.
  16. IndiBiker

IndiBiker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hahah, it is really hilarious seeing Piers Morgan getting butthurt over the USWNT celebrating their victories.
    dtirell and Peels like this.
  17. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup. eat crow cry baby. lol

(Listening to a Rapinoe podcast interview right now-she's a bad ass-so im kinda spooled up)

I read somewhere the womens final drew more viewers than than the men's final last year by a couple million. pay them
    dtirell likes this.
  18. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    The statistic I saw was that it drew more viewers in the United States than the men's WC final did last year. Makes sense, considering the United States was actually participating in the final this year.
    IndiBiker and Peels like this.
  19. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes sorry. I meant to include that.
  20. erinbomber

erinbomber in awe

Oddometer:
    The media has boiled it all down to just the payment for the lowest common denominator. If you read the ladies complaint, it's not just the cash, it's about unequal treatment in total. Playing on turf, riding a bus when the men fly, having to stay 4 to a room while the men don't, it's been oversimplified, a lot. But on we go...

I'm hopeful for Chelsea, maybe misplaced, but hopeful!
    Peels likes this.