Soccer/Fussball/Football/Calcio/Futbol 2019-20

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Yossarian™, May 12, 2019.

1. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep you can tell those boys still want to play for Ole. The Negative is obviously coming from outside dressing room.
  2. IndiBiker

IndiBiker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Arsenal have released their financial results for the last financial year ending May 31st 2019.

They show that the club has gone from making a pre-tax profit of £97.4 million the year before to making a pre-tax loss of £23.5 million during 2018/19.

Just wow. Hopefully this makes Kroenke lose interest in the club and sell it off.
    BLucare and Peels like this.
  3. BLucare

BLucare F5 + AER 2020

Oddometer:
    Weekend podcast roundup below :thumb

BBC Football Daily, December 7, 2019: Manchester is red & ‘Big’ Duncan’s Everton delight

"Mark Chapman reflects on a huge day of Premier League football as Manchester United played their part in the title race, beating Manchester City 2-1 at the Etihad. Our football correspondent John Murray and former Manchester City midfielder Michael Brown analyse the game and debate whether Manchester City can overturn a 14-point deficit to league leaders Liverpool – who beat Bournemouth 3-0. Former Everton defender Martin Keown and commentator Vicki Sparks reflect on an emotional first win in charge for Everton’s caretaker manager Duncan Ferguson – who saw his side beat Chelsea 3-1 at Goodison Park. Mark talks to Everton defender Mason Holgate about how he feels the transition has been from playing under Marco Silva to Duncan Ferguson. You’ll hear from some of the biggest names in football on the pod – including Pep Guardiola, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jose Mourinho and Jurgen Klopp."

BBC Football Daily, December 8, 2019: Vardy vanquishes Villa and Pep's problems with adversity

"Former Republic of Ireland international Steven Kelly, ex-Millwall striker Steve Morison and The Independent's Melissa Reddy join Emma Saunders to look back on the weekend's action. With Leicester now leading the chasing pack to Liverpool, the team assess whether Brendan Rodgers' side are now genuine title contenders. Duncan Ferguson impressed in his first game as Everton's caretaker boss - but is he realistically a contender for the permanent position? And the team look at whether Manchester City should now prioritise the Champions League over the Premier League."

BBC 606 Phone-in, December 7, 2019: Madness in Manchester, Big Dunc’s big day at Goodison Park, and it’s quite the quintet for Mourinho

"Alistair Bruce-Ball and Chris Sutton took your calls on all of Saturday’s football action. Everton fans were incredibly impressed with their caretaker manager after a big win at home to Chelsea, Tottenham put five past Burnley whilst Palace and Watford fans had it out over a scrappy 0-0. We also discuss what’s going on at Arsenal, and there’s a heated round of Sutton Death."

BBC 606 Phone-in, December 8, 2019: Leicester close the gap again, praise for Steve Bruce, and only ONE call on VAR!

"Your football calls and reaction with Robbie Savage and Sam Quek."
    gmk999 likes this.
  4. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    or at least invest in the club.... ?

good luck today. In my head, it Should be 3 points for Arsenal but....
  5. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    way to rescue it gunners.... that was looking bleak.
    IndiBiker likes this.
  6. IndiBiker

IndiBiker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah I was following text commentary on BBC. Wow, they must've played horribly in the first 55 mins or so! Just saw the goals though - great stuff! Pepe - would love to see him settle in in this league.
  7. BLucare

BLucare F5 + AER 2020

Oddometer:
    BBC Monday Night Club, December 9, 2019: Ljungberg's Arsenal pull 3 points out of the bag

"Join Steve Crossman, former West Ham & Chelsea keeper Rob Green, Premier League title winner Chris Sutton and commentator Jonathan Pearce as they look back at Arsenal FINALLY getting their first win in 10 games as they beat West Ham 3-1 at the London Stadium. The guys also preview crucial Champions League games for both Liverpool & Chelsea."
  8. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    i stopped following a little after half time. :lol3 missed the fun...
  9. UncleJ

UncleJ It's Happy Hour Somewhere

Oddometer:
    gmk999 and keepshoveling like this.
  10. BLucare

BLucare F5 + AER 2020

Oddometer:
    UncleJ, keepshoveling, gmk999 and 2 others like this.
  11. UncleJ

Oddometer:
    HA! Peels is from Iowa too ... now we have the triumvirate of upper-midwest inferiority complex states on the bored.

:1drink
    Peels and BLucare like this.
  12. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was not born here, i'm a west coast kid stuck in the cold. MN and WI dont bother me... I only feel that way about Michigan. :)
    UncleJ likes this.
  13. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    Ooooh Iowa... I was married to a girl from NW Iowa ( worth county) for 24 years. A lovely Gal, I was 6'8" when I met her. I'm about 5'10" now.
    Oh Crap the PTSD is coming back! I have to go..

Oh Yea.. Liverpool are through to the knockouts!!
    Peels and UncleJ like this.
  14. UncleJ

Oddometer:
    That Salah goal was quite something:

gmk999, IndiBiker and keepshoveling like this.
  15. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ancelloti's out. Arsenal? :)

Salahs goal...all nonchalant. I would have fell over in disbelief if I scored that.

Also, then again... Im still tired from just watching Son's goal over the weekend..... :photog
    BLucare and gmk999 like this.
  16. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    All of England (PL) through in Europe. CL and Europa.. Not bad!! Not bad at all.
    Peels likes this.
  17. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    btw, i tried something yesterday... Europa never televised... got an ad for bleacher report streaming matches.... I decided to try it, and Downloaded the app. Watched that match Pay per view for 3 bucks. worked fine.

Doubt its worth the full subscription but that's a cool option.

Part of the driver for that was i noticed next weeks Everton vs United match is on NBC gold :baldy
  18. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Liverpool landed Minamino from Salzburg yesterday -- good news!
    Signed Milner to another couple of years -- good news!
    Oh, and extended Klopp to 2024 -- GREAT NEWS!
    IndiBiker, BLucare and gmk999 like this.
  19. BLucare

BLucare F5 + AER 2020

Oddometer:
    I friggin' love Klopp. No shame. Some of his spontaneous humor moments have been fantastic. :clap
    gmk999 and Yossarian™ like this.
  20. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    In other manager news, I think that Frank Lampard may have some work ahead of him.
    Peels likes this.