1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer/Fussball/Football/Calcio/Futbol 2019-20

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Yossarian™, May 12, 2019.

1. IndiBiker

IndiBiker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bad day for Maguire and De Gea. 3 mistakes in all. Heh, nice final
  2. UncleJ

UncleJ It's Happy Hour Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Ha! What's the name, Jose? Terry? Hazard? Actually I kinda like Hazard, you can yell Haz! when he/she is crapping on the grass... :D
    gmk999 and BLucare like this.
  3. BLucare

BLucare What could possibly go wrong?

Oddometer:
    Oh, happy day! :clap

If we have to lose three and win one overall against United this season, at least today's win was for a bit more than some points in the table. If Frank wins the FA Cup this year and secures CL football (particularly in 3rd place), he will have blown everyone's expectations out of the water. I'm very proud of what we've done this year.
  4. BLucare

Oddometer:
    :photog

Name's "Milo", after no one in particular. He did sleep through the entire match against United. Must've been good luck! :thumb
  5. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    best weve played in ages yesterday. lol ugh hilariously was hard to watch....

Shout out to the hotspurs! Fully expect United to not take advantage of that slip Leicester...

Kane/Son what a front partnership... honestly. Deadly counter.
  6. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Villa's unexpected victory against arsenal today means that they are currently above relegation. Week 38 will be a big decider.
    IndiBiker, Peels and BLucare like this.
  7. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    lets go liverpool! lol

(my team seem to have lost the ability to handle their own business)
    gmk999 likes this.
  8. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Leicester City has an opening -- they MUST win vs ManU this weekend in order to secure a CL place.

Prediction: LCFC will not win. They've been in free fall for quite a while now, and I just don't see them pulling this off.
  9. UncleJ

Oddometer:
    Heh, it's going your way so far with 20 minutes to go :D ... but here comes Pulisic.
    gmk999 and Peels like this.
  10. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    WOW

Pulisic...
    BLucare and gmk999 like this.
  11. IndiBiker

IndiBiker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pulisic. Man.... That was truly awesome.

Wow, the 2 CL spots are to be decided on the last day?
    BLucare, gmk999 and UncleJ like this.
  12. UncleJ

Oddometer:
    The real AOC!

:clap
    gmk999 likes this.
  13. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    What an absolute game.
    gmk999 likes this.
  14. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    And congratulations to West Brom on their upcoming promotion.

(and a little bit happy that Forest missed out on the 3-6 place playoff)
    Peels likes this.
  15. BLucare

Oddometer:
    Pulisic! Wooowwwww, my man! :clap

Missed the game today, but caught the highlights. The look on Klopp's face at 8:50 after Pulisic's goal is hysterical :photog

Sooooo, those CL spots. Thank god Leicester and United play each other for that final game. If my math is correct (and that's a BIG "if"), as long as United win, we're staying in 4th place no matter what happens against Wolves. If Leicester win and we lose, then we're down to 5th. If Leicester win and we win, we're up to 3rd on 66 points, Leicester is up to 4th on 65, and United is in 5th at 63. If we draw with Wolves and United draw with Leicester, 3-4-5th place will remain the same as they are now.

Crikey. My head hurts.

:beer
    Peels and gmk999 like this.
  16. BLucare

Oddometer:
    I'm quite sad about that, to be honest... We have some good friends in Nottingham, whom we visited while we were over there last year. They gave me a Forest jersey as a gift, and we hung out in Nottingham for a few days. It's a hard-working, gritty city that loves its football team. I wear my Forest jersey on game days, but only when Chelsea isn't playing. :thumb I doubt they'd have made it to third place through the playoffs, but it would have been great to see them have a shot. I think they were up to 3rd in the table at one point, if memory serves correct.

In other news, I'm super excited to have Leeds back up :clap If anyone here has not watched the Amazon documentary, I'd definitely recommend it.
  17. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Manchester United
    The Red Devils will secure Champions League football if they avoid a loss to Leicester on the final day. It does not get any simpler than that.
    If United do lose, they would need Chelsea to lose against Wolves, and it will see them depending on the European competitions to play out in their favour to see if they are in the Champions League or Europa League next season.
    Of course, United also have the opportunity to qualify for the Champions League by winning this season's Europa League, however it would be a much more comfortable route to secure their place on Sunday.

Chelsea
    Chelsea need a draw against Wolves to absolutely guarantee their place in the Champions League next season.
    If Chelsea lose, then they will need to rely on Manchester United winning in their game as a draw between the two sides would see Chelsea slip to 5th in the table.
    As mentioned earlier however, 5th would not be the end of the road for their Champions League qualification hopes, as should they win this year's competition, they would automatically qualify for next year's group stages.

Leicester
    Leicester take on their direct rivals for one of the final Champions League places, Manchester United, on Sunday, and they cannot afford to lose. A win will guarantee them a spot in the Champions League next season.
    A draw will see Leicester depending on Chelsea to lose their game against Wolves, which would see Leicester climb to 4th and then wait for the European competitions to play out to see if they are playing in the Champions League or Europa League next season.

Tie Breakers

Chelsea v Leicester
    Chelsea and Leicester would end level on points if Chelsea lose v Wolves and Leicester draw with Manchester United. Leicester would finish above Chelsea on account of their superior goal difference.

Manchester United v Chelsea
    Manchester United and Chelsea would end level on points if Chelsea and Manchester United match each other's result. United would finish above Chelsea unless the Blues beat Wolves by 15 goals or more. Should Chelsea and Manchester United need to be separated by head-to-head results after Sunday, Manchester United would win by virtue of having earned more points (6) in their games v Chelsea this season.
    BLucare likes this.
  18. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    crazy stuff @Yossarian™

BIIIIG weekend of footie! i need to to take my mind off of stuff. because:

sad note. My bike was stolen from work yesterday. :( doubt ill see it again. its insured, and Ill get another but :( was gonna pass it onto the boy....

lookin at a liquid cooled beemer... 1200r.
  19. BLucare

Oddometer:
    Noooooooo! Say it ain't so, man. The R1150R? Do you work in a dodgy neighborhood?
  20. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    That sucks. I'm very sorry to hear that.