1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer/Fussball/Football/Calcio/Futbol 2019-20

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Yossarian™, May 12, 2019.

1. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Relegation

Norwich's relegation back to the EFL Championship was confirmed after their 4-0 loss to West Ham on July 11th. Currently, both Watford and Bournemouth join them in the relegation places heading into the last game of the season. Aston Villa in 17th are the only other team who have a possibility of being relegated this season after Brighton and West Ham secured their safety during the week.

Aston Villa
    Aston Villa take on West Ham at the London Stadium, having not won on the road since their New Year's Day 2-1 win v Burnley. Since then, three draws and four losses have followed in their away games but Villa will need to match Watford's result in their game against Arsenal to guarantee a finish above the Hornets.
    If they lose to West Ham, they will then be relying on Watford to lose and the Cherries not to win if they are to avoid an immediate return to the Championship next season.

Watford
    Watford play Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium a week on from sacking their most successful Premier League manager, Nigel Pearson, who had dragged the club up to 17th place having been 7 points adrift from safety in December. For the Hornets, they will need to better Aston Villa's result to see them guaranteed to retain their top flight status for another year by the skin of their teeth.
    If Watford and Aston Villa both win, Watford will have to do so by 2 goals more than Villa do, or should both sides lose, Watford would have to do so by 2 goals less than Villa do to survive on goal difference unless Bournemouth win their game. If both sides draw, the Hornets would end their five year stay in the Premier League

Bournemouth
    Bournemouth's loss against Southampton means that they need a win versus Everton at Goodison Park, and need both Aston Villa to lose against West Ham and Watford to lose against Arsenal. Anything less than a win for The Cherries will see them end their top flight run after 5 seasons.

Tie-Breakers

Aston Villa v Bournemouth
    If Aston Villa lose and Bournemouth win, both sides would end the season on 34 points. Bournemouth would finish ahead of Villa by virtue of goal difference.
  2. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    I have a soft spot for Villa..No science involved but I hope they have the luck this weekend
  3. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Not much movement available for the last week, nor would one expect much. But here are your possibles.

NgKa8n8.png
    BLucare likes this.
  4. BLucare

BLucare What could possibly go wrong?

Oddometer:
    A bit nervous this morning. Here we goooooooooo! :clap :clap
  5. IndiBiker

IndiBiker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    gmk999 likes this.
  6. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    What a crazy end to a crazy season.. Cheers to the league for pulling it off and double cheers to the teams that got it done today.. Happy for Villa. and Lingard's late goal. In my minds eye I saw SAF smile. Clasic "play to the end" United.
    Liverpool and the Klopp plan have really done their city and fans proud. I have loved every minute of the ride.
    Thanks to all you footies for keeping it interesting and informative.
    The lad is out Kayaking, I'm off to take the YZ for a rip
    Peels, IndiBiker and BLucare like this.
  7. BLucare

Oddometer:
    So, that's that.

What do we think, folks? Did your team end up where you thought it would? What do you want to see happen in the off-season (the short seven weeks that it is)? If you qualified for Europe, how do you think that's gonna go?

I always enjoy this thread. Glad there are only seven weeks to go until we start the 2020 - 21 thread up! :thumb
    IndiBiker and Peels like this.
  8. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope. The opposite, small farm town. Leave the key wedged under the tank lid. Lol oops done that for years.

Bike was found. Sheriffs have it in impound, got someone locked up - sadly cant inspect due to live investigation. They say it’s been painted and “modified”/yikes

Hey Any chance one of you guys in KC? going to look at a bike I could use a favor... neutral party type of thing.

Anyways,

Solid end to the season. Well for most. Sorry watford and Bournemouth. Lol

United squeaked at one by with moments of brilliance, and a few of sheer terror. On brand. Back in Europe. Hahah son and I had a big smile for lingard. Been a rough one for the guy, a united faithful. Team Look good for next year. Not city/pool good, but good.

Man I Love this sport. See you guys in the next thread!
  9. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    As part of our wrap-up, here's a chart showing save percentages and shots faced during this last season.

Hint: One of these things is not like the others.

w344kleuqdd51.png
  10. BLucare

Oddometer:
    Oh... Oh god :lol3

Pickford? It's Pickford, isn't it?

Yeah, consensus among Chelsea fans is that we need to buy a keeper during the break.
    gmk999 likes this.
  11. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    well done Kepa! lol

here was my top 7 finish for european football spots...think i made this after two matchdays

got exactly zero right lol I did NOT think Leicester was that good. And still think it was wrong to sack Poch at spurs.

City
    Liv
    Tot
    United
    Arsenal
    Chelsea.
    Everton

but going back through thread to find that, I did find myself say wow are United good up front. Sort out the 6/8/10 central mid and were good. What an addition Fernandes was! Pogba, Matic are better because of him..

But We'll need depth for next year. Defense especially.
  12. BLucare

Oddometer:
    Back in September of last year, this was my prediction:

I am pleasantly surprised.

Also, Arsenal had the season everyone predicted we'd have. :photog

We need a goalkeeper and some strength in the back. We just conceded too many goals this year. We scored three more goals than United, but conceded 18 more goals, even though we finished on the same points tally.
    Peels likes this.
  13. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Frenchy's rebirth in another area of London was a surprise lol

Personally. I dig Frank Lampard. Get a little nostalgic to see these guys on the touchline. Ole, John Terry at Villa etc. (glad they stayed up)

Didn't realize Thierry Henry was coaching in MLS.. that was cool to see.
    IndiBiker and BLucare like this.
  14. IndiBiker

Oddometer:
    Glad you got the bike but crazy about him repainting it! Hope it all ends well soon.

Was an ok season for me. Am glad that Emery is gone and Arteta is on. He has done some good work. Feel bad about Ozil - don't think he will be a gunner once Arteta is done with him. Looking forward to Europa League next season (see what I did there eh? Lol)
    Peels and BLucare like this.
  15. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agree Arsenal are better, more positive.

goin to get the bike tonight. Ill share pics of how bad it is here. ;) Just gonna keep it and give it the boy..

in WAY brighter news,

Wednesday, looks like I pick up a stunning Blue/white 2016 r1200rs!

looks just like this:

[​IMG]
  16. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    Woo woo! add a couple of boxer cup stripes to the tank and I'd bring it to bed with me!!
    Peels likes this.
  17. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Picked it up from the wrecker... panniers gone, all the roundels as well. Lovin the sparkly black paint job. Lol

Wonder in if ins will total...

My son wants it. So Hope buyback works. I envision a apocalypse style scrambler. Dirt tires.. gun rack lol

IMG_3257.jpg
    BLucare likes this.
  18. IndiBiker

Oddometer:
    I wonder how they even get the heart to slap some paint on like that. Thankfully still running though. Good luck with it - yeah an apocalypse style scrambler sounds good!
  19. BLucare

Oddometer:
    Usually, they alter the look of the bike to disguise it, and to give themselves an opportunity to say "This is not the bike you're looking for! This one is the wrong color!"

But, because thieves are morons, they forget that bikes have VIN numbers. :lol3
    Peels likes this.
  20. keepshoveling

keepshoveling DNF

Oddometer:
    This is interesting, and I'm not defending kepa here but it also lacks a lot of very important information. Most importantly, what kind of shots are they facing and how far away are they from? I think I could probably save most pro shots from midfield, but even Alison is going to be hard-pressed to save 1v0 in the box.

Congrats to everyone who made it to the champions league. I'm sure you'll all be glad to hear that Juve won their unprecedented ninth scudetto in a row. Now if only they weren't 1-0 in the hole against Lyon in the champions league.
    gmk999 and BLucare like this.