Soccer/Fussball/Football/Calcio/Futbol 2019-20

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Yossarian™, May 12, 2019.

1. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    yup. crazy

My fire vs DC tix I think were only 50 or 60 each? I forgot....
  2. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fall almost here.....Adult league did ok... ended with only one goal from 5 matches lol, bunch of assists and billions of missed chances. but im alive, and can still walk... thats a win. Well. little bummed that Summer is gone.. but, This weekend is our first club match...the kids are pumped. My son and a couple of his buddies have seriously improved. My team is 13u now. We have to share a training field with the 14u due to space/light... Scrimmage at the end of each day... My boys are drawing with them every time! Lookin good....

Then, I rode to work and had that dry, but midwest sunny chill through the mesh jacket this morning... feel my Attitude shifting!

So, I am Curious, in a demographic shrinking way. lol What/how/where do all you guys ride when you're not nerding out on footy? :)

-my rattlebox is in my sig. The riding where we live isnt the most interesting. I ride it daily to work, when possible, to soccer practice...wife and I take mini day trips or date nights.... Once every so often I may just take off and disappear for a few days. Nothing big yet really. 1200-ish miles in 3 days is my biggest.... Long bike trips are coming for us when the kids are gone.

--------------------------

on the EPL front. VAR sucks. it may be "Correct" but its stealing some magic IMO. you're supposed to be heartbroken and incensed about bad calls sometimes. :photogTHough I do see the value of VAR in some ways, I fear we're turning into NFL over the long run, thus 100% unwatchable.
  3. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Pretty good domination today by Liverpool. Could have been 4-0 an probably should have.

Ironic that Rashford missed a penalty opportunity for United, after last week's hulabaloo regarding penalty takers.
    Peels and gmk999 like this.
  4. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:

I bounce around New England ,Aderondaks,and the Catskills, preferably Natnl Forrest areas.. I ride /camp/ repeat . Mostly solo on my 99 F650( the mule) Spring fall and the ends of winter are my preferred times. I am a single dad so only ride when my son is at his Mom's ( school days). I also ride the local trails on my YZ125 with the lad on his xr80.
    Peels likes this.
  5. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Spurs gettin' Spursy!
  6. BLucare

BLucare F5 + AER 2020

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  7. BLucare

BLucare F5 + AER 2020

Oddometer:
    Bit of a not-so-random thought here, now that I'm back in the States: Isn't it awesome to see a team from Sheffield back in the PL?

I've been aware of Sheffield and its love for football for awhile now, or at least, I thought I was aware of it... Holy shite. When I was in Yorkshire last week, EVERYONE I talked to, largely people not even associated with Sheffield, was so pumped to have a real staple Yorkshire club back in the Premier League. Sheffield has about 1.5M people in the greater area, and it supports two clubs – United and Sheffield Wednesday. No offense to all the Huddersfield Town and Middlesborough fans in here, of course, but it's freakin' great to see a Sheffield team representing Yorkshire in the PL this year :clap
    gmk999 likes this.
  8. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    ironic? think you spelled depressing incorrectly lol

United looked so good, then fell apart a few times in that match...... Love that James scored again, but Lindelof was poor.... DeGea was un-DeGea-like.... How you demolish chelsea but cant get by palace? wtf.. whatever. You know though... every time I hear one of those LONG held records such as: Palace has NEVER beaten United, i think, well, that record cant stand forever. I was not SHOCKED by the result, i am, however, a little embarrassed to call myself a fan amongst the idiots online. I no longer click stuff lol

Doesnt matter... It's going to take a lot more than any of us have right now to touch Pool and City again though. Money alone isnt going to do it....but it would help. As I told my sister, and her Arsenal crew.. "we had the late 90s through the 2000's. those days are no more " :photog

------------

Anyways, I swallowed that lump, in order to get ready for my 13u teams opener. We started with 9 players. lol 4 cancellations. Ref was late... other coach was gracious and started with 10 lol so borrowed 4 younger kids from the u14 who were just finishing a match, and still won 3-0. My boy scored one, and got an assist.

Somethings happening with them... its fun to watch.
  9. Ragin Rabbi

Ragin Rabbi Semper Fidelis

Oddometer:
    Spurs are getting relegated this season.

Freaking bastards.

Newcastle? WTF!?!?
  10. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    consider your pain felt. HA! Ive got spurs and united in 3-4th... Europa maybe if we play this way lol
  11. BLucare

BLucare F5 + AER 2020

Oddometer:
    At least they're not Bolton...

:hide
    Peels likes this.
  12. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    CL draw tomorrow. Very curious to see how the group stages shake out.
  13. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Great to see VVD take UEFA honors. Well deserved.
    gmk999 and Peels like this.
  14. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    'Pool and City got the easiest draw IMO

[​IMG]
    BLucare and Yossarian™ like this.
  15. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Agree. Of the English clubs, I feel that Chelsea has the hardest road.
    BLucare likes this.
  16. BLucare

BLucare F5 + AER 2020

Oddometer:
    I concur with the above.

I can see Chelsea and Ajax moving on. After that, I can't see us getting very far, but ya never know.
  17. BLucare

BLucare F5 + AER 2020

Oddometer:
    F*cking Zouma. Again. :fpalm

Such a good first half, such a sloppy and uninspiring second half. At least we got one point.
    motrhead likes this.
  18. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Pool looking good today. Denied Burnley from any great chances.
    gmk999 likes this.
  19. IndiBiker

IndiBiker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dammit, haven't been able to watch any matches in the last few days. Need to catch up on them. Seems Liverpool will do well again this season.

Arsenal 4th. LOL.
  20. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    guys, we're not touching City.

My sincere hope is still just hanging on for Europa. I know its early, but..You cant miss penalties in two subsequent games, and keep losing to bottom of the table clubs and expect to contend. It has to go your way.

Ive got the kids' club team to to keep me busy, thankfully. ha!