Soccer/Fussball/Football/Calcio/Futbol 2019-20

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Yossarian™, May 12, 2019.

1. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Hell yes!
  2. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    WOW!! another match where the stats don't favor the score. Newcastle 1 United 0 with United controlling 70% of the match.. Man City controlled almost 80% of their match and still suffered 2. Liverpool win by the skin of their teeth
    Reason #1 why this is a great league
  3. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Manchester must be one depressed city this evening. Crikey Moses.
  4. IndiBiker

IndiBiker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good Arsenal managed to scrape through and win - especially on a day of wonderful results - ManU losing, ManC (thank you Wolves, way to go!). 4th place assured LOL
  5. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know I am! lol Sad to watch the top guys falter, then you get a little hope... all you have to do is beat newcastle-should be simple. nope. more sadness lol Told my friend "must be how liverpool felt fans felt during the late 90's, 2000's" I hate it :photog

need for Martial, Pogba and Wan Bissaka to not be injured. Were hurting badly. The youngsters are talented, but they shouldn't be asked to be first team every single game.....burn them out. If Ole doesn't get board support we'll drop further. I think we need a true 9 and a hard working 8/10 type. Fred isnt it. I like Rashford but he looks tired and needs service. Had like one touch in their box the whole match.. Watched a College Jr Varsity match that looked similar. poor passing, no vision. Square balls nobody making runs....

If we fire another manager, it'll be the same thing all over....

Well done to wolves.

and I think @gmk999 said it best. Its why we love it. The newcastle goal scorers reaction interview at the end was fantastic. Love to see it.
    gmk999 likes this.
  6. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Should be an Easy one for United this weekend. Cant wait! of course I'm being totally serious. :clap:photog:lol3

really though. They could signal at least some intent by playing hard and not having their heads down.

Holding sliver of realistic hope...Just because "this is football, anything can happen"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home tourney this weekend. Only 3 more 13u training sessions until then (if we're lucky, midwest weather is trash)

Most of my focus is there. The boys are getting the "goose speech" thursday. :) I get a little cheesy with it..
    BLucare likes this.
  7. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Going into old Trafford always worries me.
  8. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not as much as it once did. I wouldn't be worried lol The opposite is now true for Anfield.

How Things have changed. :( You can see in Liverpool what works... passionate manager, with patience and support from their club.

Do United have all of that at once? I have concerns about the latter.
  9. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    anyone else in here still following USMNT?

hard to watch.
    imherefortheride likes this.
  10. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    I watched bits and pieces last night. Not impressed. The Internet is calling for Berhalter's head.

USMNT played much better against Cuba, Jamaica, and frankly Mexico (even though USMNT lost both Mexico games), than they played against Canada last night. I think it's too early for "Berhalter Out," but that's just me.
    Peels likes this.
  11. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Totally agree. the problem isn't the coach.

its been years in the making. And starts at the bottom... Pay to play.. very little middle ground opportunity.... due to lack of interest, and College player spots being taken by foreign 3rd tier teams.

Doesnt seem to be changing fast, so Its going to be difficult for a long time Im afraid.
    gmk999 likes this.
  12. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    Welsirs... I will take the draw at OT and be happy with it. Rashford earned his keep for sure and the called back goal from Mane' showed his killer side well.
    Still learning to live and die by VAR. It would be nice if they put the actual rule as written on the screen while showing the replay to better understand the final ruling
    Peels likes this.
  13. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Daniel James needs to toughen up a bit.

Why was not foul given for the kick on Origi? The VAR looked at it and completely passed, when it was clear that the defender did nothing on the ball, but kicked Origi in the back of the knee.
  14. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    I think because Atkinson saw the foul and did not make a call at the time. It is my understanding that VAR cannot make calls, only correct them if need be.
  15. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Over the years I have been more upset with Atkinson than any other referee. I honestly don't think that he's an impartial official.
    gmk999 likes this.
  16. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    I didn't watch the game live today, but from the replays after the fact, I think it 100% should have been a foul on Origi. It should have been a call by Atkinson in the first place, but because it wasn't, there's no "clear and obvious error" to correct.

Nice win for Chelsea yesterday :clap Would love to see Sheffield United beat arsenal tomorrow. :thumb
  17. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    Too busy coaching to watch.... but followed along checking score... HUGE smile to open it and see Rashford on the scoresheet. Only had time for a couple highlights... still shrug at the mention of VAR. But...wed be having the conversation the other direction without it so.... :)

im still learning to live by it as well @gmk999

Ill take that point all day long. seems fair.... VAR or no... We Need to build from it. This is the kind of stuff that would happen for united for years lol Stuff just goes their way.... I say transfer market we need a REAL 8/10 type. Or 9 if were playing rash/martial in 4-3-3.

----------------------------

MY 13u kids have started to click over the weekend in their home tournament.... Using space, maintaining shape...overlaps.. Only conceded two goals all weekend.. 4-0 first match, my son shook his penalty miss demon! A guest player I brought with me scored twice and wants to join the club!
    game 2, inside the turf facility, we drew with a team who drove almost 4 hrs to play us. Game of their lives really....
    Game 3, we were seeded 2nd on goal differential by one. Draw had us Play 1st from opposite group. A team who have SMOKED us 2-3 times. they're light years ahead. A Merit type club with actual tryout. we held them to two goals! Pretty impressed with my kids. Going in the right direction.
    BLucare and gmk999 like this.
  18. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    Guess what.... Yup, Arsenal tanked
  19. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    not sad. Pepe missing that absolute sitter kinda made my day... in a "good, its not just my team" kinda way.

LOL
  20. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    Wenger OUT!!!.... Oh Wait. :hide
    IndiBiker, Peels and BLucare like this.