soft "topbox" for the GS

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by docgonzo, Mar 11, 2002.

1. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Great little day-tripper bag for the GS.

MountainSmith from Boulder, Colorado, makes all sorts of neat little packs for hicking and mountaineering.

My daughter bought me a fanny pack a number of years ago that has worked nicely as a soft "Topbox" for my bikes, and works nicely on the passenger seat of the GS.

The buckle that is designed for your waist works nicely around the seat and under the tail section. It has enough room for rain gear, wallets, cell phones, keys, etc. A couple of small bungies secures it even better.

This company is "The Bomb". I called them recently because one of the plastic clip legs of the belt buckle finally broke after 5 hard years on the back of my bikes. The took my address and have sent a replacement. NO EXTRA CHARGE! Now, that's a nice company!

I'm not sure how to make attachments on this list, so I'll add:

http://store.yahoo.com/skishop/mounverlumpa.html

later, barry
  2. Chopperman

Chopperman I am dead

Oddometer:
    good idea.
    And gave me some good ideas for back pcacks to take on rides.
    Looks like a snowboard pack would be a good ticket.
  3. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Well, interesting that you would say that. This past Thursday, that's exactly what I used it for. Went snowboarding at Windham in New York, and the afternoon temperature got up to 50. Took off the EMS jacket and stowed it in the MountainSmith backpack. Always nice to get more than one use out of a piece of equipment!

later, docgonzo