Solo Cross Country On A Scooter :-)

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Sbless, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sbless

Sbless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IT STARTED!!! AND I HAVEN'T DIED!!! Hahaha, this is great, a lot more challenging than I had originally let myself think it would be. :doh Probably a good thing, as it may have swayed me in a different direction....

Anyhow, I will be making a trip report thread here shortly and will post a link when I get it set!!

Onward and upward! (oh yeah, and shiny side up :clap)

-Sarah
    AllSeasonRider likes this.
  2. Sbless

Sbless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for reminding me that I needed to update!! That trip sounds amazing :-)

I ended up with a SYM HD200 2008 and fabbed out a custom rack for her with a friend from high school (random connection, but so happy it happened!)

Here's the photo pre stuff!

[​IMG]

Her name is Jolene <3
    Trip Hammer likes this.
  3. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    That would be Joe Lean
    AllSeasonRider likes this.
  4. Sbless

Sbless Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. Vic5491

Vic5491 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good choice. The HD200 is a good scooter. The only real known problem with them is fuel somehow filling the engine's crankcase on some of them. I had one and never had a problem but others did and no one could find a true fix for the problem. Some thought they had and then it would happen again. I would not worry about it but you should know about it. If you hit your starter sometime and it goes clunk and won't turn over, take the oil plug out. If gas and oil mix comes pouring out then you MUST clear the gas from the engine and put in new oil or you will ruin the engine. Again, this does not happen to most but you need to know about it in case it does happen to you. If you do the right thing, the incident is an inconvenience. If you do the wrong thing, your engine is gone.
    Sbless likes this.
  6. Vic5491

Vic5491 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sbless likes this.
  7. Sbless

Sbless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good to know!! Thanks for the tips.