Solo EU. 8000+ km, 25 countries, 45 days.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by frrrka, Jul 14, 2018.

1. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey everybody!
    Finally my dream of making a motorcycle trip is coming true. Basically I made a quarter of it already but starting posting here just now.
    My approx route is here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?...o4&ll=48.08235220897261,12.93525861796877&z=5
    Here are more or less main destinations/cities but which roads to take I decide at place according to advices of locals or people who did that.
    Now I'm in Padova and guessing about Grande Alpes road and how to make a route there.
    Still try to keep the trip as flexible as I can )

Attached Files:

2. Matte Norrköping

Matte Norrköping Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome, I'm in for the road less traveled!
    frrrka likes this.
  3. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, basically me too. But as long as it's my first trip (first by bike, first alone) - it's ok. And it's really more about people and seeing my friends )
    malmon likes this.
  4. Bors

Bors Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Viajes seguros! Good luck.
    frrrka likes this.
  5. malmon

malmon Unknown Noobody

Oddometer:
    Wow, safe travels to you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    frrrka likes this.
  6. malmon

malmon Unknown Noobody

Oddometer:
    I was going to say you should join the minimalist touring thread with your minimun luggage but they were referring to 250cc engines and below, you are a minimalist with that amount of luggage traveling in 45 days in my book

frrrka likes this.
  7. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
  8. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haha ) and I was told I have too much luggage. But there is a gear and stuff for the bike in side bags. My belongings are in a 15 l grey backpack and I'm a girl who needs a lot of stuff for long hair so yep, I'm extremely minimalistic )))
    Maybe cuz I hate packing and unpacking )
    malmon likes this.
  9. Romero

Romero At Cinépolis or OXXO Supporter

Oddometer:
    In!
    frrrka likes this.
  10. malmon

malmon Unknown Noobody

Oddometer:
    Saw that pretty long hair, it is long indeed.
    You can post more pics from the road here...

frrrka likes this.
  11. Vrode

Vrode Still half-fast... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have fun, safe travels!
    frrrka likes this.
  12. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I started on the 1st of July. Till the boarder was accompanied by my best friend. Said bye-bye to my beloved Bulgaria, passed Turkey (some Turkish drivers were mad on me waiting pedestrians to cross the road. Is it really ok not to let them pass the street where it's allowed and beep-beep on those who let it?) and entered Greece. Had to do a lotta km these days so took some highways to Kavala.
    My tracker shows less but due to Barsik we made nearly 500 km. Roads are empty in all countries maybe cuz it was a weekday.
    I had an awesome hosts there! Saw beautiful Kavala, visited airshow and there were amazing musicians )
    Btw there will be more pics in FB - welcome: https://m.facebook.com/motofrrrka

Attached Files:

shuswap1 likes this.
  13. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lunch in Kosovo. to be continued...

Attached Files:

TheBritAbroad likes this.
  14. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So day 2. Greece - Macedonia. It was quite tough. First I had very unpleasant private talk. Then it was a long road, a lotta kilometers and at the end, right near to Skopje I got lost. When I was driving without maps everything was perfect. But since I turned navigator on - strange things started to happen I had a feeling that I go in a wrong direction but navigator was telling that we are on a right way. So until I started to believe my feeling and restarted maps nearly 120 useless km have been done. So I came to Skopje with a 1,5 hours delay, had an unpleasant situation with my host who cancelled our arrangements. Booked a hotel and was looking for it an hour maybe cuz real address was far far away from the written at the site. I did more than 500 km again, was extremely tired, it was dark and nearly 11 pm. So when I finally found the hotel there was a very bad road to it with a lot of stones and entrance with a big angle. I was pushing my bike a bit far from the parked car so I could drive in but cuz of stones and my tiredness couldn't handle it correctly so it started falling. And here I did very stupid thing, while trying to save it from falling - I found myself laying on a ground with a bike on my leg. I'm always telling that people and their health are most important and they are limited edition not cars or bikes. But in that situation was thinking more about not dropping my bike. So after few minutes laying on a stones with a heavy bike on my leg some people came and helped me to shift it up. I'm very thankful to them and to my motoboots that I have literally nothing to my leg if we won't count some bruises from the stones. But globally I'm ok and Barsik too. So I went to sleep listening to turbo-folk. It's like Bulgarian chalga but in a Serbian style (for me no difference really). Wasn't my best day for sure and I was glad it finished.

Attached Files:

jays100, tart, shuswap1 and 4 others like this.
  15. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Day 3. Skopje.
    I decided to make a rest day and stayed in Skopje till the 4th. And very glad I did it. Firstly I made my exercises as usual (I will make posts showing you places where I'm doing them), then swom in the pool nearly an hour and all this after making 1000+ km in 2 days. Oh, my energy and to invest it to some useful purposes ))) In a hotel I met a guy from Holland and we found out we have a common friend (hi to theory of 6 handshaking), funny ya? Then I mey very special person and we we were cooking healthy food (which is my passion btw) together. So we had a nice dinner and great tour in the center of Skopje. There are so many statues that you can think that someone had a statues mania. But as I'm from Russia I think this someone just stole money on them.
    Anyway, in Macedonia I felt like I'm back home in Bulgaria. As I could understood the language and successfully communicate. Cuisine is almost the same. Architecture. And people too. This means they are open-hearted and friendly. This really is amazing. That in the morning you don't know anyone and in the evening you are so stuck with the person like you know each other for enternity. This what I like the most in my trip - people whom I meeting on my way.

Attached Files:

16. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Day 4. Macedonia-Kosovo-Albania-Montenegro.
    I leaved Skopje quite late and it was a bit a mistake. Was very excited of visiting Kosovo. As firstly I couldn't put this place to my map but wanted to visit it so much that finally reorganised the route for coming there. I think it's the only place at my list where green card is not valid and you need to buy their own insurance (10 euro for a bike and 15 for a car for 15 days). And it took me a long time to pass the boarder cuz of a paper work. But! Boarder officers were extremely friendly. They were filling all docs and declarations by themselves and were so kind to share Wi-Fi to me (I guess it's not a common practice there) while I was waiting. Then I had an amazingly beautiful road from the boarder with Macedonia to Prizren. It was through the forest and mountains and it's called Shar Planina. I'm living just near this street in Burgas. Prizren seems to be a nice modern Balkan city. Staff in a cafe where I stayed for a lunch was speaking really good English and did it very friendly. I was meeting there with locals cuz for me it's very important to sense the place through people living there. And stayed amazed by a meeting with Bajram, his wife and daughter. Was told a lot about life in Kosovo, relations between people living there, conflict with Serbia. And again the conclusion was that it's not about people but mostly political games from which a lot of people suffered. Very thankful for our meeting and hospitaly, warm vibes and nice emotions. And pity I again forgot to take a pic all together.
    So, after I took a highway from Kosovo to Tirana and I can say that so far it's the best road I have ever seen. With a good quality, stunning views and a lotta curves which you can take on a high speed. Pure pleasure! Enjoyed it so much.
    Met Slovakians motoriders at a petrol station mostly on AfricaTwins and thought that maybe at the end of my trip I'll be looking that same true mototraveller. But still hope I won't have a beard ) we almost didn't talk as they couldn't speak English and my understanding of Slovakian is not great either.
    Then I turned right from Tirana to the boarder and this road already was one of the worst - narrow, with a lotta holes and of a poor quality. As I screwed up with timing and leaved Skopje late I entered Montenegro almost in a dark. And I hate driving at night. Montenegro is a country which I was considering for relocation and I felt it's very beautiful but since it was pretty dark all what I was able to see have been curves on a road. This day was a day when I finally felt me and my bike as one organism while doing serpantines all day long.

Attached Files:

jays100, TNRyder and shuswap1 like this.
  17. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Day 5. Montenegro: Budva Cetinje.
    Sorry for the delay with the reports. It's the 11th day already and I'm writing about fifth one only. I'm that slow cuz almost have no time. Need to ride, to organize everything and when I'm at the place I want to spend all my time with people there cuz I know that soon I'll need to go and want to have a maximum communication in this limited time.
    So fifth one was a day off. I spent it very relaxed with my hosts - amazing girl and her cute son. And yes, it's really like you know each other for enternity. You just meet and then click so much that you are absolutely getting sticked to a person. I didn't want to go to the beach, to see Budva to do some tourist's activities cuz we talked talked talked and still couldn't get enough. And everything is so easy going and smooth.
    Well, but still we did some trip and went to Cetinje which is a former capital of Montenegro with a beautiful views and curvy road (so far I have only such roads). City is very cozy and nice to see with a soul atmosphere. And I saw such a great cafe with psychodelic painting, oh, wow, loved it much. Pity didn't have time to spend it there.
    I met my awesome soul sister, had an amazing moments and beautiful conversations and rested really good. Montenegro is a place where part of my heart will stay forever.

Attached Files:

juno, jays100, TNRyder and 2 others like this.
  18. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Day 6. Montenegro - Croatia - Bosnia.
    Time to move to Bosnia. I wanted my trip to be planned as less as possible so when I was making a map I put only main points there and decided to see how and where to go on the place listening to locals.
    I wasn't expecting but so many people from over the world started to take care of me and giving me precious advices and recommendations. So I was advised to go through the Kotor bay and to take the road uphill. So did I. On one of the pics you can see this devil. Pic isn't mine but it's here for you to have an understanding what does it look like. So what can I say. It's f&%king stunning! Riding there by bike, sightseeing. I got so much pleasure doing it. It's definitely one of the most beautiful views and roads which I have ever seen. You are like in a heaven. Was so excited and happy like a child who got a desired present for the Christmas.
    I took the zip-line too and will post a video later. Great guys there helped me to mount my GoPro (finally), so hope I'll have some videos from this road too.
    Exactly when I came on top the gasoline lamp turned on so all the way down I made with an off engine. It was ok but having no possibility to give gas on turns was a bit uncomfy.
    All way to Bosnia was amazing as well but I think I left all my emotions and excitement in Lovcen.
    And yes after this road I'm not afraid anymore going to Transfagarash.
    Came to Bosnia few minutes before it got totally dark - extremely tired but so so happy and satisfied.

Attached Files:

shuswap1 and TheBritAbroad like this.
  19. frrrka

frrrka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Day 7. Bosnia and Herzegovina. Day off again. So great I had a possibility to chill out and recharged from ystrds journey. I stayed at an agrotouristic farm with a very hospitable owner in a place around the wild nature, hills. So peaceful and relaxing. I can recommend this place to everyone who wanna be far from noisy touristic places and crowds. Had really a great time there around nature, talking with an owner of this place who is so devoted to what his is doing. And you always can feel and see it when something is done by heart and with a soul.
    There were so cute donkeys, kittens, dog, ducks, rabbits and a big turtle. For an animal lover like me it's a pure heaven ) oh and how tasty it was there...
    My big thanks to what I got there. @ Agroturizam Matusko

Attached Files:

juno, TNRyder, shuswap1 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Romero

Romero At Cinépolis or OXXO Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still following from Mexico! Would love to ride that part of the world!!
    frrrka likes this.