[Solo Female] Lost my job due to covid - only one thing to do: 48 state USA motocamping trip!!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Spindr, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i4bikes

i4bikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like you could do your own RR.
    RacingBlue likes this.
  2. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome from Newfoundland, who knows when the border will open again but if you do make it to Canada and go wandering around I think I'm on page 6 of the tent thread. Over 30 inmates have spent at least a night at my place. Ride safe and have fun.
    NSR400 and ishmac like this.
  3. dirttransitions

dirttransitions Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 for Athens OH. The wife and I would be happy to help with anything and provide a great tent spot if you’d like
  4. big-g-nm

big-g-nm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a great trip, especially now when the country and the world are shut down! When I retired seven years ago I did the four corners of the U.S. and it's one of the most memorable things I've ever done. If/when you're passing through New Mexico my wife and I would be happy to lend a hand for anything you may need, including tent space or a bunk in our spare bedroom (Abhi from Bike-urious and his GF have stayed with us a couple of times when they were passing through), work space, tools, etc.
    There are some very decent roads in our state and we're just a few hours from U.S. 191, (formerly U.S. 666), also known as the Coronado Trail in southeastern Arizona where there are over 1100 curves in ~90 miles.
  5. borderlinebob

borderlinebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CANADA-100 ft N of International Falls, MN
    New Guinness world record set here tonight !!!!!
    “Most ever” offers in one ride report to come and camp in my yard.:clap
    You may never have to get an apartment again.:beer

Really enjoying your ride report Spindr and watching your YouTube too.
    Lots of quick short interesting videos.

Safe travels eh...
  6. EZ-D

EZ-D Davidprej Supporter

Oddometer:
    All I know is, if this 62 year old male ever gets around to posting a ride report, I'm going to title it - Solo Female....
  7. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    It's funny how she barely shows up but because she's cute and blonde everyone comes out of the woodwork and offers a place to stay. I'll bet a frumpy, overweight, thick cheeked American woman wouldn't get the same reaction. :photog
    FLYING EYEBALL and sieg like this.
  8. i4bikes

i4bikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think that would be a problem on this site.
    torch and mjs3800 like this.
  9. VertematiRider

VertematiRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome. I agree, Beartooth is my favorite along with Chief Joseph. I especially love the story of it's namesake. I hope you are reading up on that. I have a small amount of Nez Perce in my blood, so that resounds with me. A tragic story on one end and embarrassing bit in a long string of embarrassments of our history here in the US regarding native Americans. Something you kiwi's know about there. This particular story really hits home when you travel that road and actually see not only the grandeur of the scenery, but the ruggedness if you remove that pavement, and the hardships that were endured by a tribe on horseback with women and children fleeing assured annihilation by a well equipped and trained cavalry, and yet, the Nez Perce handed the cavalry their asses repeatedly... until the weather intervened. I digress. We rode my Harley from the Fishing Bridge campground, (hard shell only) all the way up to the northwest entrance, and then along the top and out the northeast, which is the Chief Joseph, all the way to the top of Dead Indian Pass, down that amazing grade where you can see 4 states allegedly, and then to Cody, and then in the east entrance and back to camp in one day. SPECTACULAR. We did the Beartooth in the Sequoia a different day. There were people snowboarding in late June at the ski resort at the top of the pass. Stunning views. I didn't even know we had glacially carved alps like the European counterparts here in the US! I have wanted to do what you are doing my whole life! Now that we can afford it, and we aren't working at all this year, (concert sound company), we are to old and crotchety to be riding my vibrator Harley any long distances, and my girl cant' hold up a heavy 2 wheeler any more. Bad knees. So we have a small 18 foot toy hauler that works great. We do day rides and bar hops. Some trips are the Harley, others are the Vertemati dirt bikes and a Polaris quad, and others are skis and snowboards and mountain bike, (because Moab Utah is just off hiway 70 on the way back from Breckenridge!) I highly recommend you make it to those places too... Glenwood Canyon on hiway 70 is not to be missed. Camp there at several places, though we RV camped at the one right east of Glenwood Springs, which the springs are not to be passed up either! Then there's Aspen, an hour up the road... There are campgrounds in Brek also, quite nice. We met one of your countrymen and his son there. He is a famous Rally car racer named Mike. IMG_1372.JPG IMG_1256.JPG Ride safe Kiwi girl!
    Spindr, Davebloke and i4bikes like this.
  10. Motor7

Motor7 Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was in Mt when your tire went out & saw @jonz had came to the rescue

He d chimed in & helped me plan my trip

Beartooth was one of our fav,s of the trip
  12. ls6777

ls6777 The Dude abides Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love the route you are doing! That looks awesome! Makes me almost want to quit my job to go do something like that.

Now you just need to get an ADV bike to get in some more dirt ;)
  13. Tigerkf

Tigerkf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    She smiled, I subscribed!!! :raabia
    red bud likes this.
  14. ryan668

ryan668 TheRyan668

Oddometer:
    This is awesome! see you out there
  15. harun

harun Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GREAT ADVENTURE.I'M IN.KEEP POSTING BABE..
  16. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Increasingly Grumpy Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just caught up with this RR, enjoying it very much.
  17. CVAN

CVAN Polite as Fuck

Oddometer:
    ^^^This is David. I'm sure you know each other.
    andio likes this.
  18. Madman4049

Madman4049 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lol there's so much thirst and desperation in this thread it's palpable. Ride safe have fun.

"she smiled I subscribed" :imaposer

"keep posting babe" :rofl

Some of you need to get out more, it's a big ass ocean women aren't exactly scarce.
    sieg, dp064, i4bikes and 4 others like this.
  19. Chillis

Chillis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had to unsubscribe from this thread because of too much non-OP content. I know I'm adding to the mix but I won't add anymore posts in here.
  20. jkam

jkam Nomadic Man

Oddometer:
    Now you know why in the very first post of this thread I said...
    Welcome to the asylum.
    We are a bunch of crazed individuals, often lacking in proper etiquette.
    We also are a bunch of welcoming individuals, we still lack proper etiquette, but you get the real deal here.
    philstrailgnome likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.