solo trip on a ktm 350?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by soloventures, Jun 16, 2019.

1. soloventures

soloventures n00b

Oddometer:
    I'd like to take a trip on my ktm 350 exc-f I already have all my gear and a garmin 66s. What trip best suites this bike the S.E.A.T. looks like just dirt roads i would something that is more geared to a small bike like this. I live outside Pittsburgh so id like to start from my house and venture south i could haul the bike out west to begin the journey if there isn't anything in this region. thanks in advance for any help
  2. soloventures

soloventures n00b

Oddometer:
    or if the seat is the best way south on the east coast is there any places along the way or detours i could take to make better use of my small bike
  3. justrider

justrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Take these items with you. One a spare fuel pump and at least one inline fuel filter. Two make sure you have at least a liter of spare fuel.

Seat issue call Sonja or Jim @ Renazco racing the only real seat for a KTM
  4. shrederscott

shrederscott Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi

I ride a ktm 35p xcf-w with a plate. I live in Denver so I am no help with SE trails.

But

I can tell you a 350 will eat up any dirt road ...nice graded ones or technical jeep roads ...350 will rip them all

Scott
  5. soloventures

soloventures n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input scott. i have a 250 exc as well as the 350 so i know how capable these bikes are my fear is that they're to easy to ride for a dirt road i find my self just flying on dirt and gravel and even some quad trails. im not trying to sound like some over the top rider with boat loads of skill because im not. im just looking for an adventure that will challenge me some places along the way. it doesn't have to be technical the whole time. but at least some places along the way that i can ride that i couldn't do on a larger bore bike, if that makes any sense at all
  6. shrederscott

shrederscott Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi

Makes total sense to me.

Your problem is finding those tougher technical trails where you live.....for me in Colorado I have the a great mix of easy dirt roads to full on technical single tract ...all at my doorsteps.

Guess you may need to make trip west

Scott
  7. tellicotom

tellicotom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I suggest hauling to either the Hatfield -McCoy trails of WV or the single track trails of Michigan if you don't have time to get out west...

Michigan also has the MI Cross Country Cycle Trail which is like 1200 miles around the upper part of the lower peninsula. There is also a more than 1200 mile trail across the UP of MI. Look up some of the ride reports by Cannonshot.
  8. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    For me, the ADV camping rides tend to be easier than a true dirtbike ride for a few reasons. True dirtbiking is tough on the equipment. I have worn brake pads out in a couple/few days of dirtbiking. Having a truck to go back to and service the bike at the end of the day is best.
    My ADV rides tend to be ATV trails at the most difficult. Carrying camping gear in the really rough stuff is not fun. It is ok for short periods of time. The SEAT and KAT are fun on the little bikes with camping gear. There are a few challenges per day but most of the riding is riding that any bike can do, the small bikes just can do it much quicker.
    The Tour of Idaho T1 Route is supposed to be one of the more challenging routes in the country but the snow does not melt till August.
    Bitingdog and Fallacy like this.
  9. soloventures

soloventures n00b

Oddometer:
    is there some spots along the seat that i could stop and spend some time riding atv trails because that would be ideal still cover a large distance and get to explore off the beaten path more
  10. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    Highland Park Georgia
    Brushy Mtn NC
    Croom Florida
    Daniel Boon Nat Forest moto trails
    soloventures and Fallacy like this.
  11. swamp

swamp Shut up. Ride.

Oddometer:
    once you get into alabama give me a call. I run a private enduro club here on my property. you can stay for a couple days (I have cabins or you can stay in the lodge or you can tent camp). ill guide you on my trails. im located in chelsea alabama. its about 20 minutes from Barber Motorsports Park and Museum. Ill PM you my phone number now or you can get me on instagram @XC_TRAIL_GUY
  12. SAH

SAH Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m on a 350 also and some buddies and I are planning a trip to CO in a few weeks, would you be willing to talk on the phone with me to help me plan where we’re riding?
  13. shrederscott

shrederscott Long timer

Oddometer:

PM sent
  14. Dzane

Dzane n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm in Morgantown and have some local farm property available to me. I ride a ktm also and can show you around the area.