some days it pays not to ride

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by friar mike, Aug 18, 2005.

1. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    well I was heading out of Anchorage last night and at Eagle river I came up on the pickup pulling a 4 place sno-go trailer with a load of old house decking. the wood was 10 to 12 footers with chunks of wood hanging no cover and one strap over the load. as I came closer I said to my self that dosn't look good and I was looking over the load just then a borad flew off and blame right in to the windshild! then my thought was HOLY-SHIT Iam glad I wasn't on my bike:ricky I run the guy down pull him over and he didn't have much to say didn't care at all gave me his info didn't even check his laod and took off of course I didn't have my camera with me ( I need to get one of those new fagled cell phones) but I called the cops and thay wrote up a report and checked out the info I got and it was right. I was just last week telling my wife I needed to get a new windshield mine was getting bad so this is one way of doing it.:deal
    [​IMG]
  2. akjohn

akjohn AKjohn

Oddometer:
    Glad you are all right Mike. Last winter an idiot haulin ass down Minnesota in a pickup truck lost his load in front of my wife (wait...that sounds kinda nasty). What I mean is...a snowmachine loaded is his bed slid out and came tumbling down the road towards her. The guy didn't even notice it fell out.
    I remember reading an article about how motorcyclists can greatly reduce risk of injury. I don't remember all the tips. But after having a couple of close calls, I have adopted two of the tips as firm rules of riding. Never follow open bed trucks or trailers and never get between a car and an exit ramp.
    On the positive side...just think how nice the world will look through a new windshield. :D
  3. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    I know from experience you wouldn't have been there for long if at all. Because by the time the home rebuilder had finished filling the 4 place with crap you would have been arriving home. His far flung shit would have simply bought someone else a new windshield. You would have already opened the Jeagarmeister (sp?) turned on the boob tube and given me shit on this computer thingy.
    ONE more thing !
    It would have missed you on the scoot anyhow. But it would have been tough on the heart rate.

I am glad you are well and seeing clearly very soon.

I guess congrats are in order................
  4. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    What if you had a side car though.
    Mrs. Friar would have been :flush . :yikes :2cry :waysad :(:

[​IMG]
  5. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    The dood mighta been from Birchwood. The clock runs slower there. :rofl They look a lot like the rest of us but there's just that one thing about 'em...

[​IMG]
  6. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Legion I think your right. It had to be one of them thar Birchwoodians.

I stopped by there once and they only have one kinda beer. made from birchtrees. Figures HUH?

Neanderthal, tree beer drinking, crap hauling, home dismantlers all live there.

[​IMG]
  7. friar mike

Oddometer:
    When did you up grade Gusgus?:lol3 I know how things have been for you lately :rofl

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
  8. friar mike

Oddometer:
    yea he did take the Birchwood exit.
  9. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    DING DING DING DING DING!!!!... We have a winner! He's bringing that stuff back to his nest. :lol3
  10. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    [/QUOTE]
    Yep your right I could use 3 for awhile but where are you going? 3 wheels, a trike?
    I have some spy photos of your new trike. Do you want to see them?

OK fine! Hold your horses.

I understand the paparazzi were hiding in the woods and got this one.

[​IMG]
  11. AKBMW

AKBMW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gus, How did the bike fair after the Prudhoe Trip. My friend might run mine up Monday and I will roll it back to anch. I have been asking truckers how the road is and just saw a dakar heading south wednesday!!
  12. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Don't want to high jack this thread, I will address it on the bunburner thread.

OK?
    Thanks
  13. friar mike

Oddometer:
    Man and I was going to have a unvailing of that fine mochine at the next BBQ out here. I know Legion was going to love it you can't run it out of Gasgas!:lol3 :rofl
    [QUOTE: Gusgus

OK fine! Hold your horses.

I understand the paparazzi were hiding in the woods and got this one.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
  14. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I was wondering how that three wheeler was turning out. :D And hey!....not all Birchwoodians drink birchwood bear and walk around with clubs in their hands. :lol3 Some actually ride some pretty sophisticated bikes.
    [​IMG]