1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Some positive press for the BV350

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Bueller, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    West Liberty is just south of the tallest point in Ohio, which is in Bellefontaine and is just over 1300’ ASL. However, that’s one of the few areas of the western part of the state (particularly Northwestern part) that didn’t get ground down and scrubbed off by the glaciers. They took advantage and put in a ski resort :lol3

I live in Hocking county in the southeastern part of the state. The riding here is good as you know, even without the elevation changes you get in Eastern KY.
  2. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not a name dropper but my wife & I worked with a guy who's brother was guv up there a few years ago, Ted S.
    I used to buy parts and a few cars from Ron's in Bethel and also Reno's.
    My neighbor/friend down the road has a girl married to a guy from up your way but they hangout down here more lately as he's retired from a factory mechanics job there. They built a cabin here near the gorge.
    Since we are loving up these Beverly's-do the ABS models have it on both wheels? I saw a few nice used ones on CycleTrader.
  3. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would love to check out the BV350, but nearest dealer is over 1000 miles from me, I love my Yami smax but there's time I would like more power for sure, no real dealers that have scooters way up North here, even had to order my Smax in site unseen. I would get a BV long before I bought a vespa, just saying.
    Chillis likes this.
  4. Bueller

Oddometer:
    Yes, each wheel has a tone ring and sensor
  5. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    As a former Smax owner and now an Xmax owner, there is the Yamaha option.

I have been a long time lurker and window shopper of the BV350. I know it performs well and I love the feel that Italian motorcycle manufacturers engineer into their bikes.

Just never pulled the trigger.
  6. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ya well there not bringing the Xmax to Canada, or I would own one for sure, if I was closer to the border I would check one out in Washington, but being just below the southern tip of Alaska to far to go, my options up here are very limited.
    Chillis likes this.
  7. Bueller

Oddometer:
    BE2B9386-9DE0-4800-A2E8-C6BF64BF0791.jpeg

MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS!”
    Chillis likes this.
  8. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    I live in a town of 15,000 raised in a city of 1.2 million, think I will stay where I can breath the air and rush hour lasts all of about 7 minutes hahaha also some of the best salmon fishing on the whole west coast, and when it snows and gets 30 below, I'm in Arizona in shorts,
    Shin1ichi2002, Bar None and Tromper like this.
  9. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    Told you so!
    Glad you're liking it. See you at The Bowl.
    I washed, waxed, and Armor All'ed mine so you might not recognize me.
  10. HandKPhil

HandKPhil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took my '16 BV350 up to Boyne Falls, MI for a weddingi last Fall, and rode the Tunnel of Trees with my girlfriend. I thought it was one of the coolest rides I've ever done. Another good ride in that area is the 15-mile run from Boyne Falls over to East Jordan, MI on C-48, which starts out being called East Deer Lake Rd., IIRC. Very smooth and very curvy, with great scenery. Loving my BV350 so far :-)
    craiger527, BMWBUD and Bueller like this.
  11. Nevada

Nevada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Utah Valley, Utah, USA - unless out riding.
    Then get a BV or X-Max while in AZ wearing shorts.
  12. Tromper

Tromper Sagaciously Annoying Supporter

Oddometer:
    There ya go. Check out the BV & Xmax this winter. :)

13. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    AF1Racing, Scooterwest, SIP can all get you the EU turn signals and then you can take off the DOT stalks. There is no law that prevents you from customizing your ride. If you aren't in a CARB state or even if you are but they don't emission test/inspect the scoot remove the evap which I agree is in a stupid place but then again it is stupid to require it especially on a Euro 3 or 4 scoot. My son hasn't bothered replacing the turn signals on the BV350 but we did on the Sports City front and rear. Usually it is simply a matter of unplugging the stalks and plugging in the EU ones. We didn't even have to remove the farings on the Sports City for the front ones, just took out the placeholders and fished around for the connectors. I think it took about 15 minutes for the first one and 5 for the second.
  14. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    Wow, that sounds easy. I'll look into this further. Thanks for the info.
  15. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No guarantees it will be as easy with the BV350 since we haven't bothered but it was really easy on the Sports City to change the front turn signals. The rear ones we changed when after some dirt riding in the 2014 cannonball they assembly tabs broke on the light so we just replaced the whole unit with the EU one or rather I had the shop do that one because it was going in for major service anyway. ;)

If you want to remove the evap I believe there are step by step instructions over on the Modern Vespa site either in the wiki or in a thread you should be able to find by searching.
  16. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    Let's just say the evap problem has been settled.

I'll look into the BV this afternoon.
  17. craiger527

craiger527 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is a great report. I bought my BV in 13 and has about 7800 miles. It has been great until last weekend when the coolant line must have busted and spewed fluid everywhere. I love this scooter and am looking at a red 18 or 19. I certainly agree about the fueling but the ease and comfort of riding is so much fun.
  18. Bueller

Oddometer:
    craiger527 likes this.
  19. Murgatroid

Murgatroid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had my 2013 BV350 for 3 years with 10K miles on it now. I bought it with 800 miles. It is hands down my favorite 2 wheeler. I've taken this thing all over N. CA including some gnarly muddy dirt roads (by accident). It's because of this bike (and my SYM HD200) that I realize that I love scooters more than motorcycles. I am selling off some of my motorcycles and just bought a C650GT for longer distance and 2-up rides. I'll keep my XB12SS and probably my Brutale for when I have a need for speed.

I had my center stand break, too, but it didn't come off the bike. I was able to get it welded up. I also had a coolant hose come off and spew water everywhere. It happened at a stop and I didn't notice until I took off and fish tailed all over the place! Luckily my wife was in the area and was able to shuttle me to the parts store for some tools, water, and a funnel. I finally replaced the rear tire a few months ago but the front is still good! I also often pull it behind my truck camper when I go camping. I consider it one of the best all around scooters - small enough for getting around a city (which is my main use), but big enough for freeways and 80MPH cruising and fast enough to beat out most cars at a signal.

I was on a motorcycle poker run with it 2-up a few months ago with about 50 Harleys. I got a lot of comments about how fast that thing went for a scooter and how riders had a hard time keeping up.
  20. craiger527

craiger527 Been here awhile

Oddometer: