1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Some positive press for the BV350

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Bueller, Aug 21, 2018.

1. craiger527

craiger527 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 13 BV350 and am considering an 18 or 19 because its red. Is it really any different besides the electronics. One salesman says they are totally different and hardly any parts would match the new one. Visually I don't see it. Thoughts?
  2. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don’t think that’s true at all.

I read somewhere it may be down by 2 hp because it meets the new Euro 4 (?) emission standards. The seat is different. And of course it has ABS/ASR. Other than that I believe it is essentially the same. I’d love to have abs, but our 13’s aren’t worth shit today and I’m not interested in writing a check for the difference.
    craiger527 likes this.
  3. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Difference is ABS and ASR which I don't think the 13 has. As far as I know there aren't any engine or body changes so farckles should all fit.
    craiger527 likes this.
  4. craiger527

Oddometer:
    That is what I am debating. Mine is not worth much and they want $7k plus for new.
  5. craiger527

Oddometer:
    I have a 13 BV350 w/ less than 8k mi. I really like the new red 18 or 19. Should I get a new one. They want full price and no discount which I am not happy with and mine is not worth much. Is it basically the same bike?
  6. cdwise

Oddometer:
    ABS and ASR along with a different seat, otherwise basically the same.
    craiger527 likes this.
  7. GREY.HOUND

GREY.HOUND Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love my BV. So much so that I got rid of my BMW C600 because I rode the BV more. Downside is that my wife has expressed some disappointment that she can't ride with me anymore. So, I have been on the prowl for a nice bike for the two of us to travel with. I'd be trading in the BV but every time I ride it I think how awesome it is. Currently no motorcycle or scooter for riding two-up has made me say, "That's a worthy successor." I also commute on it so with the ABS, ASR and power this thing is my favorite two wheeler in the short time I've been riding. The other issue, my closest Piaggio dealer is now aboout 90 miles away.
  8. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone once own a BV250 and then a BV350? Specifically interested in suspension ride quality. My 250 has 32k and the front/rear suspension is getting annoyingly harsh. I'm not sure if its worth an upgrade, if there even is one. Does the 350 (with mid mileage perhaps) ride any better? I guess I could do a test ride on a new 350 - but that's a new ride and probably a dangerous idea.
  9. cdwise

Oddometer:
    Why can’t you ride two up on the BV 350? A friends did a multi day two up on it with his wife. Said it performed well in the mountains near San Diego and on I-5 on that trip. Though he preferred the mountains he was maintaining 80-85 on the interstate.
  10. Bueller

Oddometer:
    I’d love to hear your comparison of the BV350 to the 600.

Also, I’m selling the two up bike you need :deal

https://advrider.com/f/threads/2008-r1200rt-in-ohio.1342217/
  11. GREY.HOUND

GREY.HOUND Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As for the two of us, just not going to do it on the BV.

Comparing the two, a lot of it is feel. I just feel like the BV and I fit together very well. The BMW was amazing to be honest. Everything I could ask for, so much so that I am considering getting the 650GT for our two up rides. Back to the camparo though, the BV is much lighter of course and has enough power for just about anything reasonable. The BMW had way more torque and in city traffic that was nice. It was very solid in the road and got good gas mileage, about 50 mpg. Heated seats and grips, TPMS and very comfortable for long rides. Also had a payload of over 400lbs. Maintenance was expensive though and that was kind of a bummer. The 18k mile service would cost something like $2000 so that sucks if you plan on riding a lot. Not a great comparison but I know I said more near the end of my BMW C600 thread that I started.
  12. craiger527

Oddometer:
    I just traded in my BV350 last Friday for a 19 Vespa GTS 300. My thoughts after riding it for 2 days. The ride is very smooth and solid. The suspension is fantastic too. All around much better than the BV. I have loved my BV but now I know why Vespa's are so popular.
    cdwise likes this.
  13. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    My BV’s suspension is relatively harsh. Interesting the Vespa is smoother. Maybe a Piaggio dosen’t want smooth on their BV’s lest it compete with their Vespa’s.
  14. Bueller

Oddometer:
    I have always felt the same way about the suspension on my ‘13 as well. In my original post I referenced changing the form oil to bel-Ray 5w, which helped.
  15. cdwise

Oddometer:
    I've only ridden the 2016 BV 350 and didn't feel like the front suspension was particularly harsh but it does handle/ride differently from the GTS.
  16. Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    I found a brand new 2016 BV350 for $4995 it's at a dealers , I was going to call about it but left for down south for the winter, that a Canadin price, probable a dealers fee on top of that.
  17. 81tiger

81tiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    good price
  18. 81tiger

81tiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know you have moved on to the Vespa, so this comment is to the other BV owners that want the red color. One way to get it is to order the color body panels. It might cost your $1,000 but think of it this way, your'll have the color you want at a fraction of the cost. If you have the 2016 model, you will have ABS, etc.

You just might have to wait a bit before the 2019 panels are available. Check out the prices, and you can see what the cost would be to swap panels: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en
  19. Bueller

Oddometer:
    I just replaced my 2nd back tire at 17,600 miles, and decided to abandon the original front tire at the same time so I could start with a fresh set. Aside from the fact that it’s 6 years old with some weather checking between the tread, the original front probably still has about 2000 miles left in it. I’ve never seen that kind of mileage on a two wheeler tire on any of the 55 motorcycles and scooters I’ve owned in my life. The rears are averaging right at 9000 miles each before hitting the wear bars. I could easily push to 10,000 each but city grips don’t cost that much and I tend to err on the side of caution these days.

A few hundred more miles and l’ll do the 18k service. The BV just keeps going without any drama!
  20. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    On my BV250 I got 11k out of one rear City Grips and 13k on another. I'm about 16k on the front with plenty left on it. Brake pads are ridiculously long lasting, too.
    Bueller likes this.