Some Tar help with Northern NH and Maine

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by open1mind, Aug 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. open1mind

open1mind Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So can anyone suggest a route for my planned trip from Upstate NY to NH and Maine for Labor Day weekend. I am getting a late start on planning, but I generally hope to go through Northern VT and cross NH and then Maine. Most likely doing a few days depending upon lodging and weather, with an overnight in Maine.

I have no interest in traffic, so I am looking to give up ocean views and stay inland in Maine, and maybe hug the CA border on this route. The goal is find windy and uncongested roads, but sticking to tarmac. Im taking may Yamaha Tracer GT- which can tolerate the occasional gravel road but I am not seeking that out. (New T7 just arrived- but that is another story!)

Ideas from any locals would be great. Even if you dont have a full route in mind, please nominate any roads those regions that would be fun for "spirited" riding. Thanks to all
  2. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was just up there and can recommend route 26 from Colebrook NH to route 16 to Rangeley ME and route 4 on.