Someone in or near Dubrovnik for car parking?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Scaz0r, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Scaz0r

Scaz0r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey all,

I just signed up for the Illyria Raid 2020 Reverse Edition, from Dubrovnik to Thessaloniki.

I live in Munich and plan to take my bike in my van to dubrovnik, ride the Raid, then take the TET back to Dubrovnik and head back home.

Is anyone of you located in or near Dubrovnik and can lead me to, or evne provide me with, a safe parking space for my van? I don't know if I'll also take my trailer with me, but that is yet to be decided.

As the Rally will be from 19-26 september 2020, it is not urgent at all, thankfully. I just want to plan as much safely as possible.

Cheers!
  2. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Suggest to post the request on the TET FB site as well (the TET-forum is pretty much stone-cold-dead....but a quick copy+paste job costs nothing).

If you're ok with German, check into the gs-forum.eu or Mimoto Reiseforum, there are quite a few guys there owning holiday places around the Dubrovnik area and happy to provide "shelter" post holiday season.
  3. Herman1

Herman1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unless you are in the old town or on a resort then there are not really many restrictions on parking to be honest. Personally I would dump it at the fort overlooking Dubrovnik, at the top of the cable car then past the entrance to the museum there is a large gravel area with people coming and going all the time. I think the jeep safaris use it as a start point amongst others. The only people I know there run an Airbnb in Solene (I think) and parking is limited.
  4. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    IIRC there were some paid/public parking but I was on the bike a week ago and was only looking for bike spots. There is 2wheel parking near entrance at the bottom near the wall
  5. malfyus

malfyus n00b

Oddometer:
    I just saw this, if you didn't find a parking you can park in front of my house. I live 20 km from Dubrovnik in the village Cilipi (near the airport).
    My phone number: +38598329133
    e-mail:malfyus@yahoo.com
    Herman1 likes this.
  6. Scaz0r

Scaz0r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice! I'll make a note and contact you again when planning gets serious if its ok! :)
    Thanks