1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Something to watch with your coffee this AM.. T700

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Bullseye45, Jul 31, 2020.

1. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    was watching this with my wife and definitely got a stare behind my head when that portion of the video popped up LOL

As for Pol, he has a 1000 TIMES more skill than I do...meanwhile he is flicking the bike, I am still learning the gravels and not falling down in it LOL...
  2. MillennialFalcon

MillennialFalcon Improvement starts with self

Oddometer:
    All that money spent on the video production, the bike is covered in stickers, but bone stock suspension? I don't buy it.
    Chazzz likes this.
  3. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe I should quit calling myself a rider, amazing.
  4. radbrad511

radbrad511 Incurable

Oddometer:
    50 year student of Motorcycling. Must re-enroll now!

Awesome!
  5. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Are you a motivational speaker?
  6. MillennialFalcon

Oddometer:
    No, I'm an asshole who is realistic.
  7. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    I get where you're coming from, and it would seem unlikely that a guy at Pol's level of support didn't get a suspension tweak for this vid. However, even Jimmy Lewis practically gushed over the stock suspension performance of this bike. Pol could probably do some of these stunts on a Honda Grom if needed...LOL!

Your post got me a little curious, and I went back and studied the closeup pics of the bike he was riding. I could never see the rear shock, but the front fork appeared to be the stock 43mm unit. Of course that doesn't mean that each end of the bike didn't have some serious internal damping mods performed, but frankly I don't think it's that far out of the realm of possibility that a guy at this skill level couldn't do what he did on a stock bike. Apparently this bike comes with a quite decent suspension performance envelope.

On your comment to the other guy about you being an asshole, I'd want to see more verified credentials to bestow that honor.:D
  8. MillennialFalcon

Oddometer:
    The point of my comment about the suspension isn't that the rider couldn't do it without upgrades, the question is why would he? They go through all the expenses of making that elaborate video, starring a top-notch rider, guy is launching the bike, what, 10 feet+ into the air for trials stunts, and no one thinks at the very least hey maybe let's put some tougher springs in this bike? Or how about an aftermarket shock and fork cartridges, all but re-inventing the suspension. None of this is a criticism of the stock suspension. But the comment about the bike being stock is extolling what is likely not a stock bike.
  9. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn

He's maybe a notch above my skill set
  10. ScorpionT16

ScorpionT16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was mentioned somewhere they replaced the Fork oil with thicker stuff. Either way he doesn't look like a heavy rider, also video budgets don't correlate to product budget always, and for all we know they hit the road with a promo/vision in mind, and the rider just kept pushing and finding new ways to reach the limit. It's a testament to one's skill and ability, and to what Yamaha have done with the stock T7 :) I for one, cant even do 0.0001% what he did in the video, even if you gave me a trials bike or 100k suspension modded beast