Sorry Jim but you make a great foil !

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by okennon, May 31, 2019.

1. okennon

okennon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I truly started off with the best intentions of a simple winter rebuild/refurbish project. I found a garage queen '96 1100R and started to disassemble and paint. Then in the middle of the night I'd wake to a bad case of the "what-ifs". You see that's how it starts. Next thing you know you're cutting, welding, ordering stuff and blaming it on Jim. My wife says Hi!

Second mistake was tagging and insurance so when I put a for sale sign on it I'd be covered. Of course that only leads to riding it. Huge mistake. My wife has started calling her Gretchen's little sister. (Gretchen in my GS). Everyone should have two----RIGHT?

Attached Files:

Amphib, JagLite and Eddy Alvarez like this.
  2. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh good Lord that original windshield! :eekers

Gretchen's little sister now looks much better and I'm sure she is certainly happier. She's gone from 15 pound overweight, minivan, soccer mom to sexy, Crossfit, cougar, mom!

Now please take a hammer to that old barn door windshield so that it can't ever be installed on another bike ever again! :lol3
  3. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice! I like the attention to detail.

[​IMG]

Your inspiration:
    [​IMG]

:lol3
    wilfred and JagLite like this.
  4. okennon

okennon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Next best thing Eddie...I sold it to a guy in Oregon
    You can't tell but it's actually a work eye shield 'C' clamped to the top of the original shield.
  5. okennon

okennon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the answer to the PM questions are: I turned the bar ends, the little helmet hook and two 3/16" medallions out of brass to compliment the gold stripe .
    I disliked those old outboard motor tiller arms for handlebars and I could not find a source for clamps so I fashioned my own out of alum block. IMG_20190606_080610757_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20190606_080647509.jpg
    wilfred, JagLite and JimVonBaden like this.
  6. Scubawerx

Scubawerx Scubawerx

Oddometer:
    Very nicely done! Ditto to everyone's compliments.
  7. okennon

okennon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was having a good deal of vibration and after investigating aft first then moving forward I settled in on the analog speedo /spacer I was no longer using. I turned a solid spacer that eliminated 90% vibes. IMG_20190703_125804037.jpg IMG_20190703_135740895.jpg IMG_20190704_120422722.jpg
    JimVonBaden likes this.