South Alabama Tag-O-Rama (including NW Florida)

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by KawDlr, Feb 21, 2009.

1. ZachM1

ZachM1 I'm a meat popsicle

Oddometer:
    Have fun.
    BuckWildXP likes this.
  2. Spicciani2

Spicciani2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ooof further east! I must get it now, to save it and bring it north west
    markbxr400 and BuckWildXP like this.
  3. BuckWildXP

BuckWildXP CrashMaster

Oddometer:
    Most of the folks playing these days in the South West region of the game area?
  4. markbxr400

markbxr400 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm just north of of Gulf Shores, AL. My son and I had thought about making a run over today, but we got sidetracked. I think I have it nailed down to within a couple of spots. If someone doesn't snag it this weekend, I may make a solo run over next week. Then it's going further west!
  5. BuckWildXP

BuckWildXP CrashMaster

Oddometer:
    I've definitely (I think) located it :rofland am making the run from the dothan side tomorrow morning. But if most everyone is playing from the Mobile area then I won't move it too crazy far East. :beer
    markbxr400 likes this.
  6. markbxr400

Oddometer:
    It's been a lot further east and north than Dothan. Put it somewhere interesting. I don't mind a whole day round trip if the journey and destination are worth the trip.
    ZachM1 and BuckWildXP like this.
  7. BuckWildXP

BuckWildXP CrashMaster

Oddometer:
    A challenge worth the undertaking!
    markbxr400 and ZachM1 like this.
  8. gulfcoaster

gulfcoaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Next time I'm down here I need to hit you up to see that 790R(if you don't mind). It's next on my list, but Covid has managed to mess plans up.
    markbxr400 likes this.
  9. markbxr400

Oddometer:
    Love to show it to you. Awesome bike. Finally got rid of the stock Metzler Karoo 3's and put some Michelin Anakee Wild's on it. Much better in the sand, while still very good on-road performance and tire life. It always felt very squirrelly with the Metzlers, but with the Michelin's feels very sure footed.
    gulfcoaster likes this.
  10. BuckWildXP

BuckWildXP CrashMaster

Oddometer:
    Nice ride! Thanks Zach! I took 2 from Malone, West until my phone gps gave out somewhere North of defuniak. Had to stop and use wifi to mentally imprint the map to get to the South side of the bridge and it worked! But that's not where the tag was. No worries, I figured, I'll just work my way around to the West. Had a TON of fun in that maze of sugar sand and washouts but after about two hours I figured I'd go find some food, water and wifi. Turns out after my first two loops came up short I had overcorrected and was headed WAY West. So I reconfigured my imprint and headed back in. I call my bike Crasharita because she was a Mexican bike that was sold to a wrecking company after it's owner pretty much totaled it somewhere around PCB. I bought it from the guy that bought it from the wrecker company. Then I rebuilt her! Not faster, not stronger, maybe a little crooked, but she rides! :photog Anyways Crasharita had been mighty interested in taking a sand nap all morning but she didn't actually get her wish till about a mile into the second trail system and I got crossed up in some super deep sugar. :muutt
    The ferns under the pines were beautiful and I found the spot!:clap

No peanut!:2cry

I thought I would get back here and see a tag post, because there were some "victory" donut marks but they looked about a week old. Oh well ...Tag! IMG_20200516_131519.jpg
  11. BuckWildXP

BuckWildXP CrashMaster

Oddometer:
    First stop... IMG_20200516_100644.jpg
  12. BuckWildXP

BuckWildXP CrashMaster

Oddometer:
    Ride, sand nap, and disappointment... IMG_20200516_125414.jpg IMG_20200516_130346.jpg IMG_20200516_131253.jpg IMG_20200516_131530.jpg IMG_20200516_133032.jpg IMG_20200516_133048.jpg
  13. BuckWildXP

BuckWildXP CrashMaster

Oddometer:
    About 265 miles today. Gonna finish my chores and do some light scouting tonight. I definitely won't put myself so deep in the poo on street rubber again, but I have some good ideas for some pretty rides. Hopefully I'll get it reset (with a temporary peanut until the original turns up) tomorrow afternoon.
  14. ZachM1

Oddometer:
  15. BuckWildXP

BuckWildXP CrashMaster

Oddometer:
    Yeah, me too. The last little bit of that trail had been reworked by a bulldozer recently. Had that been done when you went out there?
  16. ZachM1

Oddometer:
    Yep. The bulldozer work had been done last time I checked on it.
  17. Spicciani2

Spicciani2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha! i spent sunday with scoot pensacola aboard a borrowed 125 monkey and 125 supercub we circled blackwater but didnt get off paved roads... so no missing peanut disappointment for me...
    BuckWildXP and ZachM1 like this.
  18. BuckWildXP

BuckWildXP CrashMaster

Oddometer:
    So I'm gonna reset the tag this afternoon. Rain has been pretty consistent and looks to continue to be through the rest of the week. :becca

Not gonna be super cool, but should be a fun ride, with a little two track section. The trinket I'll be setting in place of the peanut 20200518_192703.jpg has been with me for nearly 20 years. Always on one of my bikes and always in use, but they just don't make good chainwax for this model anymore. Time to be a "link" to newer and cooler things!:jack

Sorry for the dad jokes...:photog
    gulfcoaster and ZachM1 like this.
  19. BuckWildXP

BuckWildXP CrashMaster

Oddometer:
    OK, time to place the tag. Sorry for taking so long to get it back up and sorry for my ham handed attempt at a bit of a riddle!

West of the town that is east of the range from whence came its name. The 35th unit on the trinity of trinities begins the last link of your chain. In back of the paper scab you will pick the missing link. At a T she stands amongst the forest range.

Several good ride options on the approach to this one. And I'm fairly certain it's been in this area several times already, but it's still a fun ride! If you aren't on trail rubber I recommend a few days of sun to dry the dirt up. Crasharita was feeling a bit nappy on the way out from the tag! :lurk

The tag... 20200519_172734.jpg

The trinket location... 20200519_172918.jpg

The trinket...
    20200519_172704.jpg

Hope y'all stay dry and safe and I hope it's a fun ride
    ZachM1 likes this.
  20. Mallder

Mallder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok
    I need help.
    "West of the town that is east of the range from whence came its name"