South America in a Jawa 350

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by erik350, Jul 26, 2006.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Long timer

Oddometer:
    What's the colorful liquid in the bottles?
  2. srileo

srileo dot Indian snakecharmer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am happpy to tell you there are thousands of your dream bikes still running happily in india. They are called "Yezdi" after the local indian company bought out the Ideal Jawa company. The classic e.european looks continues with no change at all. Sadly, the yezdi company closed shutters about 10 years ago. I was very sad to hear that - but the bikes continue to run happily in india. You should take a visit there :)

3. FlyingElephant

FlyingElephant Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I love this thread, because I also have a JAWA. Mine is a 1987 JAWA 350 with less than 100 miles on the clock. I am planing some trips already...Maybe one day South America?:clap

Attached Files:

4. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    riding in the sand it´s difficult, but with a fully loaded bike it´s almost impossible, picking the bike in the enormous heat was a something to remember, to remember not to fall again !!!!!!
  5. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    had to hire a 4x4 to cross the "Lençois Maranhaenses National Park" , it´s a 35km gap with no road between Pailinho Neves and Barreirinhas, in the State of Maranhao. It was a good idea ,because riding the bike in such deep sand it´s impossible
  6. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Excellent report and pics :thumb

Thank you for posting.

:lurk
  7. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    Currently in Belem, where I have to find a boat in order to sail to Manaos, through the Amazon River, the humidity and heat are quite high, I guess Manaos it´s going to be worst. But the place is great and the people is very nice and friendly.
  8. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everybody, long time with out publishing any picture, sorry. Right now I`m in Venezuela, in Puerto Ordaz, a very nice small city in the meeting point between the Caroni and the Orinoco Rivers. Here`s a shot from the Ecuador monument south of Boa vista, in Roraima State , Brazil.
  9. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    The "gran Sabana" territory in the Canaima National Park, in the south of Venezuela, is just great. Lots of Waterfalls ans rapids in the rivers, I enjoyed a lot that places, here`s que Quebrada pacheco, one of many falls I`ve been.
  10. SNOBDOC

SNOBDOC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Eric, you are still alive, are you? :D :D You have not been seen long time, I am very happy to hear you are on trip, keep up posting your photos.
  11. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry about the long time without posting. Currently in Quito, Ecuador 18.000km riden so far and still going strong. This is in venezuela , in "el Pico del Aguila" the highest motorable road in that country, at 4118mts over sea level, a very funny roas indeed
  12. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    In Colombia, arribing to Pasto, in the south of the country, right now the wet season has just started, so in raining almost everytime.
  13. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    via Panamericana, Colombia. Let`s say that Colombia is a very friendly and safe country to travel, I mean it. There`s lots of soldiers everywhere and they are very polite. They stopped me many times ,but only to know where I was from and to chat about the bike, they never , ever asked for my papers, I strongly recommend to visit Colombia, it`s just great to see from a bike.
  14. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    In the road towards Quito, the capital of Ecuador. Very nice scenary
  15. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    In the ecuator line oºo`o`` of latitude.:clap
  16. Jammin

Jammin Integrating back into society

Oddometer:
    Erik, thank you very much for your pictures and great bike you have there. I plan to make a South American tour in the new future. I guess not knowing too much about the current state of affairs, how did safety play into your plans?

Cheers,
  17. theturtleshead

theturtleshead Tits on a fish

Oddometer:
    Come to the pub, THE TURTLES HEAD, LA NIÑA 626 Y JUAN LEON MERA,there are more boys on bikes in town,drop in for a chat!!!!! We open at 5:evil
  18. Uncle Pollo

Uncle Pollo Bad Hombre

Oddometer:
    Eric: Only to express my admiration for your endeavor.

It will show those overequipped, overachieving , overplanning, overloaded, overweight riders how is it done

Signed

A fellow country man
  19. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    Riding a dirt road between Baeza and Tena, some 80 km of dirt. Being in the wet season does not help.
  20. erik350

erik350 adventurer

Oddometer:
    lots of water, and slippery wooden bridges, just don`t accelerate over the bridge and thigs will go fine