South America: Until our Luck or Money Runs Out

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Charles Seguin, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Nox

Nox Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Fantastic ride. Thanks for bringing us along, and hopefully one day i can follow in your tracks. Congrats on an eye-opening accomplishment.
  2. Ganjora

Ganjora class A bollockser

Oddometer:
    an excellent read, thanks. i'm sad you guys are finished...
  3. mikebikeboy

mikebikeboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, why don't you just chill in Buenos Aires for awhile? You can stay for very cheap at differerent places.

It's a great city and a great place to party in. There are lots of great clubs. Also duruing the day you can go down to Puerto Madero and walk around along the beach, get a choripan..enjoy yourselves guys!! Just live it up..

well I guess I'm speaking to two guys who have just "lived it up" for 6 months and probably just wanna go home!! so whatever you do---Do it with Style and Love and See you on the Flip Side Babies!

Love
  4. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bring it on home.
  5. Nina

Nina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm bummed our paths criss-crossed but didn't cross! You'll probably be gone from BA before we make it back up there (we are just hitting the winds now on our way down!) Have fun with Lorena and Martinito (great guys) and I really hope you can both make it to SF. Thanks again for the lens cap, too! I have an entry with it just waiting to be posted!
  6. j_seguin

j_seguin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey All-

Still got a little time in Buenos Aires left so Im sure more pictures and commentary are forthcoming. I for one plan to add more commentary once things start to crystalize and Im able to look at the trip from outside rather than within.

As far as San Francisco goes that is still a big maybe. Im not sure where my application with TFA will take me, but the Bay Area is one of the two big contenders. I will however be back in Colorado at least until June so if any Colorado ADV folks want to get together Id be more than happy to do so.

Also if you guys have more questions for us... keep them coming. I think we´ve learned enough about how to do this trip that if we were to do it again, it would blow this one out of the water.
  7. ElReyDelSofa

ElReyDelSofa Desubicado

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,

Thanks again for the great ride report, it just drives my obsession with making the trip, right now planned for 2012. I was disapointed that I missed you in Cuenca by a few days before Christmas but sounds like you had fun in Lima.

Be safe in BA, good luck on the return trip and selling the bikes (I think you are selling them right?).

Felicitaciones y mejores deseos en sus futuros,

Martin

8. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    That`s a resounding no. I met a couple of Porteños in Cusco that were great, but there`s more than enough arrogance to go around here. I guess it bothers me because I wasted some time in life on arrogance. The funny thing is that people who have something real to be proud about are rarely arrogant.
  9. Moto One

Moto One Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Guys

Looking forward to the closing photos, and comments.

Mark.
  10. motorradrudi

motorradrudi tourguide

Oddometer:
    Is it really over?

I couldn't believe!

:clap:clap:clapThank you very much guys, for all the wonderful pics and the whole story!:clap:clap:clap

Best greatings
    Rudi
  11. GSgal

GSgal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congratulations, guys! :clap :thumb :clap

It's going to take some time for it all to sink in, but I think you're going to feel a new sense of pride and confidence, and a greater appreciation for life than you've ever known.

And you'll love being home.

Well done, and thanks for taking the Adv Community along. :wave
  12. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    Congrats guys and great report.

Resolve. That is good.

And shoot me, but the last post of yours I read made me think of this--not trying to be deep--so I'll share it :hide :

"now at last I fall before the Fountain of Lamneth,

I thought I would be singing, but I'm tired...out of breath...

Many journeys end here, but the secrets told the same,

Life is just a candle and the dream must give it flame".
  13. DCon

DCon Cruiser gone wrong

Oddometer:
    Your travels south of the US have been thoughtful in plan and execution, noble of attitude, and deserving of respect by all. I'm proud and thankful to have had the brothers Seguin as ambassadors to the Americas.

Others have expressed these thoughts more thoroughly than I in this thread.

Here's what I want to say to you. You're exhausted and homesick. You'll get home and everything will be so comfortable and familiar, you'll just melt into it for a while. Plus, you'll be local celebrities of a minor sort. All your friends and relatives will be swarming you for a while, wanting to know all about the trip. All that's fine, but will wear off at some point. After that, watch out for post adventure depression. I went into depression after a year long backpacking trip to Guam (6 months) and Australia (5 months). I started hitting the bottle a little too hard, got lethargic and bored. To snap myself out of it, I joined a band and went to college.

Not really trying to lecture, just a head's up. You'll deal with it nicely, I'm sure.
  14. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    That about says it all right there.
  15. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer:
    Congrats on a trip well done guys! It's been a ball following along and living the dream through you, thanks for that! :robin
  16. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista

Oddometer:
    :clap Yeah, I'd like to try that sometime!
  17. TXgruver

TXgruver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you for sharing your great ride with the rest of us.
  18. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista

Oddometer:
    Charles,

If you need a ride from the airport, let me know. Not sure if Rachel is meeting you there or not but I can give you a ride and a place to stay for a while if she's not able to pick you up.

I'm both happy and sad to see you heading home.

Dave and I and a couple of other guys rode over to Lawrence yesterday for lunch. It was close to 70 degrees yesterday. Snowstorm tonight! :eek1
  19. ColoradoKID

ColoradoKID Yo!!

Oddometer:
    My God - that's one of the most amazing journeys I've ever been on and I never left my chair... Thank you guys!!!

I'm inspired to leave my cubicle dwelling life behind and ride where my whims take me.

That will be a while though so if you're ever in the Denver area drop me line!

Bueno Suerte!!:clap
  20. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    Fantastic.
    This Journey Will Pay Dividends, For The Rest Of Your Lives.