South America: Until our Luck or Money Runs Out

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Charles Seguin, Aug 26, 2008.

1. El Birdo

El Birdo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap What's happening with the bikes ?:huh

Beautiful,,,,,,,,,:thumb :bow
  2. SgtMarty

SgtMarty Retired, baby!

Oddometer:
    Unless I was mistaken, I would swear that I saw both their bikes parked near Plaza Dorrego today. That's you guys, right?

My wife and I were at the plaza watching the Flamenco show until about 01:00, and we kept an eye out for you. Maybe we'll meet at Dakar Motos. I'm headed back there after tomorrow night--that's when our wives leave and we give up our small apartment.

Great ride, guys. You saw some things I missed, and you traveled at a better pace. Plus, you took some great photos.
  3. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good ride and thankyou for taking the time to keep a great updated RR for folks like me.
    :clap
  4. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    My thoughts exactly.

5. j_seguin

j_seguin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We went out on the town with Martincito last night. Walked around for a bit and then got some steaks. We figured we better have at least one nice steak before we leave the city. Martin was a great host and we both had a really good time. Thanks Martin! :clap

We´ve got to find some cheap luggage to bring all of our stuff back in today. I don´t really have any idea where to start. I figure one or two big cheap duffles would do the job just fine... but where to get those? If anyone has any ideas let me know!
  6. twiisted71

twiisted71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This has been the most attention grabbing RR I've read so far. I'm very envious of the two of you. Not only for doing the ride and seeing so much but also for having a riding partner that was willing to make such a commitment to each other and the trip.
    As for the luggage...just do a Jeff Foxworthy type move.....pull the bags off the bikes and take them to the airport. "We don't need no steenking fancy luggage!"
  7. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    Hey Marty, we saw your bike at Dakar when we stopped by, and we kept forgetting to message you. I hope we can all get together here before we are back to the states.
  8. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    Hey Ken,

Thanks for the offer, but you do know I´m flying to Wichita? I´d like to see some snow again, and not just the little stuff that manages to collect at 16000 feet where you can barely breathe.
  9. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista

Oddometer:
    Charles,

Sorry, but I probably won't be able to get you home from the Wichita airport. :lol3 Guess Rachel will have to handle that.

Are you ever going to get back to KC or am I going to have to ride to Wichita to see you and get an oral ride report?
  10. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    I`ll be in KC sooner or later. Gotta get me some of that KC barbeque. :dg
  11. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    So I got the bike sold today to a guy we met in San Juan on our way down. $400, not a bad price. I was beginning to think that I would have to just leave the thing to be stolen.

Speaking of stolen. I met Sgt Marty`s riding partner, Don, today. I went to start to the bike, just to be sure that it would work for the guy who was buying it when he came to pick it up, and a woman asked me if I was American as I was starting it. I said yes, turns out she was Don`s wife, and Don had just seen my bike being pushed down the street by some local drunk, and had intervened in the attempted robbery. So we all three went for a drink in the square and talked about the ride down here. We (Don, Marty, Joe and I) are all likely meeting up tomorrow afternoon. :D I guess there is quite a lot of petty theft here, but at least I know if I end up needing to have the thing stolen, it can be done easily enough.
  12. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    April 19.
  13. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    Assuming all goes as planned it`ll be a lot sooner than that. The steak in Argentina was great, but it`s no KC.

14. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    Take it slow amigo, let your whims, rather than some mindless goal take you there.
  15. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    Hey Bonnie,

Thanks for getting us off to a great start. Seems like a thousand centuries ago we signed the guest book in your ADV cabin.
  16. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    Well, for a number of reasons. first we are more than ready to be home. Second, things have changed here. It`s no longer the bargain it once was. It is one hell of a city though.
  17. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    Hey Django,

Thanks for coming with us all this time. Work might take Joe to SF Bay, I highly doubt I`ll make it out there anytime in the next couple of years. I am back to Wichita, Kansas City, Minnesota and North Carolina.
  18. Charles Seguin

Charles Seguin Noob4Life

Oddometer:
    Well I`m glad Joe could provide narration, pictures and genuine honesty. I´m glad I could contribute as well :lol3
  19. TimberWolf

TimberWolf enslaved by employer

Oddometer:
    Where and when will you be in NC? I've also enjoyed your trip and would love to buy you a beer or three if you're anywhere in this area. :freaky
  20. britman

britman Britman

Oddometer:
    Thank you brothers Seguin for a jolly fine read.:clap

You took me to places I know I will never see in real life.