South American Adventure - 2 up on a R100GS

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Flyingavanti, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Flyingavanti

Flyingavanti With the Redhead on Back!

Oddometer:
    There was NO DISRESPECT here....... they were extremely friendly, and were only concerned for our safety. It had nothing to do with cameras, or the locals. Just the concern for criminals.
    Old Codger likes this.
  2. Flyingavanti

Oddometer:
    Thanks very much. I think of the trip dozens of times, everyday. We have a framed a 42 inch monitor in the family room, which rotates photos once every 3 minutes, to remind us of the trip (13,000 photos in total). It takes 65 days to go thru the pictures. After a while your memory focus's on the highlights of a trip. This way we are reminded of each day! When we got home I was very depressed. I still need to finish the last month of the report. It will come. Thanks again!
  3. Flyingavanti

Oddometer:
    Thanks so very much Moto One.............. I heart is always in South America.... in spite of being in California!
  4. NumberCruncher

NumberCruncher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry for my misinterpretation and your heated response is deserved.

Glad you made it safe! Your trip report is one of the best I have read.

NC
  5. Old Codger

Old Codger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dale and Sandy! Thank you for taking me on a Ride at 80 years old I will never be able to make. I still ride about 15000 mi. per year been riding for 60 years covered most of U.S. Canada and Alaska however I am running out of Time thank you for one of the Best rides I have been on. Great ride report and Pictures. If you are ever in Ventura County give me a shout I will buy the first round..:photog
  6. rlkefauver

rlkefauver kefakruiser

Oddometer:
    Just spent the last month reading your South American adventure. I truly loved the "Then and Now" treasure hunts. Have you ever hear of Geocaching? Like your "then and now's", Geocaching takes you to places you maybe wouldn't necessarily visit, but often makes you thankful, because you get to see things off the tourist path. I know it's popular in the U.S. and I believe Europe, maybe not in South America.

I am thankful for you and Sandy sharing your adventure with us, not failing us! I was able to see South America, was not even in my radar of places to visit, now in the running for a possible destination for my bride and myself to visit for a 20th anniversary next year.

If you ever do a US tour or are in the NM area, give me a shout. I have lived here all my life and still haven't seen a lot of this beautiful state. Well, I guess it's time to go check on Sheldon and Ewa or Lalo and Tam and get caught back up with their travels. Sorry you couldn't find a place to store the bike so that you could easily get back down and continue the journey. There is always the rental or loaner option, since your like famous and all!!!