South East Idaho

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Metalcarver, Nov 2, 2015.

1. pratered

pratered Jackpiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Colemanfu,
    There is a lot of good riding in SE Idaho and Western Wyoming. Plenty of great places to camp also.
    Check out the Victor/Driggs area and ride the Big Holes then visit their local breweries (Teton Brewing and Wildlife Brewing).Or, Irwin and ride the Falls Creek area. Nearby is Alpine, Wy and Grey’s River Rd giving you access to the Wyoming range and it’s challenging trails. Just a little north of these areas is Island Park another great area to ride.
    I live just over the Tetons in Jackson, Wy, our riding is a little limited ( that’s why I ride in Idaho a lot) but, there are some good trails with fantastic views and a few breweries ( Snake River Brewing, Melvin’s Brewing, StillWest Brewing and Roadhouse Brewing). Despite all our summer traffic, there are still some special places to camp in your van, try Gros Ventre Rd or Granite Creek Rd ( has a Hot Spring!) or Cliff Creek road further south. For a great hike, try the Crest Trail from the top of Teton Pass to the Grand Teton, I’ve never done the whole thing but you seem more hard core!
    I’m probably too old and slow to ride with you but, maybe I can still buy you a beer - your Colorado Adventures have entertained me at least that much.
    Good Luck, Take Care and Have Fun,
    Ed.
    Jungle Man, BobcatSig and Colemanfu like this.
  2. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    Thank @pratered for the intel, I'll start researching some of those areas (Big Holes, Falls Creek, Island Park, and the camp spots ya listed). And we will be in Driggs so perhaps a meet up if interested :beer. We've chosen the Teton Balloon Festival as our hard target 4th of July destination and will be camping on site at the fair grounds in Driggs.

Keep those suggestions comin!

Not expecting balloons to be as dynamic as 2 summers ago in Alaska and launching cars off a 500 foot cliff!
    pratered likes this.
  3. pratered

pratered Jackpiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    While you are researching where to ride you might want to check out a group called Ridaho. They have some great loops called GRIT numbers 1-3 . #3 being the most single track. I believe their GPS tracks are available.
    Also, Idaho has posted the trail maps for the Falls Creek Area on an app called Avenza Maps. They may have their other riding areas on it also, IDK because I do not use GPS or map apps etc.
    Hope this helps, and I hope some other people jump in with ideas, it is what I love about Adv Rider, the quality of the groups intel.
    waylongway likes this.
  4. Shady Pass David

Shady Pass David Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gee......That looks like something I saw with our ROAD-KILL friends.........:gun1.......
  5. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    Yea, the RK crew was there. Fun to meet em in person and they let me put a few stickers on their cars!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

How bout that SE Idaho intel????:hmmmmm
    Shady Pass David likes this.
  6. petew

petew I Motorcycles! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bump
    WoodrowBDR likes this.
  7. dorkpunch

dorkpunch Oops...

Oddometer:
    Wolverine is still closed.

[​IMG]

No idea where we were at this point- way up Blackfoot River Road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait to get out there on a bike!

[​IMG]
  8. oneBEARDtwoWHEELS

oneBEARDtwoWHEELS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just went for a ride up blackrock. Everything is starting to dry out.
    Dirtbike2.jpg
  9. Vector Leto

Vector Leto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where is blackrock?
  10. oneBEARDtwoWHEELS

Oddometer:
    Do a quick Google maps search of blackrock canyon Idaho and it will come right up. It's in between Inkom and Pocatello and is the first area to open up to riding in the immediate area surrounding Pocatello. April 15 is opening day.
    Vector Leto likes this.
  11. Vector Leto

Vector Leto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does Blackrock Canyon road go all the way to Buckskin?
  12. oneBEARDtwoWHEELS

Oddometer:
    Yes. Although I was up there last weekend. It was still quite muddy and snowy.
    Vector Leto likes this.
  13. mung

mung Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pratered came to my side of the Tetons for nice ride on Monday. Showed him around IP and had a good day.
    pratered likes this.
  14. dorkpunch

dorkpunch Oops...

Oddometer:
    Went up to Kelly's last weekend. Only made it about a mile in towards Garns...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

41 miles of mostly 2 track and single track. Maybe 12 miles of road. Only one minor mishap...

[​IMG]