South Flatistan

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Eickey, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Josh Leyburn

Josh Leyburn Shepherd of Cats

Oddometer:

What are you trying to say? :amazonI would not put a trashcan on my baby.
    BTW that's a Gen II, Mishka is a Gen I and her mini windscreen is intact.:deal
  2. Josh Leyburn

Oddometer:
    Mambo Dave--We will have to meet up sometime, if I can ever find a good place to go shooting. I would not mind trying Holeylands, maybe on a weekday so there is less traffic.
  3. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Riding tomorrow if anyone is interested. Leaving cafe 27 by 0800 and heading into Holeylands, making way to Big Cypress Reservation, then over to Janes and the squares, back on Tamiami and Loop Road. Gonna do as much gravel/dirt as possible. From Homestead where I start will be a 300+ mile loop. PM me or be a Cafe 27 by 0800 if your interested.
  4. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ended up doing a about a 300 mile loop from Homestead to Cafe 27, onto Miami Canal Road and pump station #7, then down the power line road vice going to Clewiston. Worked our way over to Big Cypress Reservation and then the canal roads that lead over to the main canal. Took SE Canal Road down to I-75 and then SR-29. Hopped on Jane's out to the Squares. We planned out a loop on the Squares that was gonna take us to Sable Palm and then come back on US41 but Cesar got a flat. I had CO2 charges with me but no plugs.......duh. Luckily an SUV came by with a compressor and SLIME and we got out that woods to the station at 29 and US41. Plugged the tire, lunch at City Seafood, a run across Loop Road and then home. All in all was a great way to spend Easter Sunday.

Sunrise at the house waiting on Cesar.
    [​IMG]

On SE Canal Road

[​IMG]

we made it ..........but just after this pic the flat happened and we abandoned the squares.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Local guy hanging out!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gator Wrap for Lunch
    [​IMG]
  5. astrolump

astrolump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    fyi for next time...there is a tiny store on the north end of the reservation...right before a little bridge..
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...25m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en

they heave a lunch buffet and the food was great...and homemade. great fried chicken and an amazing cabbage and beef soup.
  6. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been by there many times. Usually I have already eaten lunch in Clewiston before heading down to the reservation. This past weekend we never got that far north. By following the power line road down from Pump Station 7 and then going over to Huff Bridge Road, you come out onto Government Road south of the reservation. From there we went a couple hundred yards south to 833. Followed that back like your are going to the reservation but then cut over to SE Canal Road and head south. Pretty much never went into the reservation village.
  7. CodyECSL

CodyECSL Taco Inspector

Oddometer:
    Greatest country in the world, TX (DFW area)
    Very cool ride! I'm finally free to start riding again starting this weekend so I'll need to bum along with one of y'all.
  8. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear back riding. I am out for a couple weeks. Home stuff this weekend and then Duty Call for work the next week.
  9. Josh Leyburn

Oddometer:
  10. Mikemm

Mikemm Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    Not that this is moto related, but be careful out there.

Yesterday morning a bunch of us were shocked to see the facebook pictures of a friend's face after he was (and a few other people were) attacked - again, yesterday morning, here in Broward county - by a guy on the new drug 'flakka.'

That was strange enough, and the first time I had heard of that drug. Just as sun was nearly set I had to call Broward non-emergency line for a (white) guy who looked to be casing our backyards out, but who was dressed in nothing but what seemed to be too-large boxer shorts. Too large because he was walking around with his entire ass showing. No, not part of his ass like some thug-life hipster - basically nude except for the boxers that stayed up in front (he was probably holding them there with one hand).

When the deputy arrived and I described the situation, he responded with "It's probably flakka."

So twice in one day this drug seems to have showed itself to me.

Go to Google search, type 'flakka ' with the space afterward, and one of the four searches that come up at this time is 'flakka Broward' :dood

William's FB post yesterday morning:

[​IMG]
  12. astrolump

astrolump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ya....a few months ago i was going to the farmers market downtown lauderdale...9am Sunday morning...and a 6'4" black dude was strolling down the street in front of the courthouse...not a care in the world...stark naked.
  13. Stromtrooper246

Stromtrooper246 Lost again

Oddometer:
    If any of you guys are interested in doing a mapping project with me of these areas we ride here in South Florida give me a call. 772–201–6049

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. CodyECSL

CodyECSL Taco Inspector

Oddometer:
    Greatest country in the world, TX (DFW area)
    That Flakka crap is kinda getting out of hand. At least it's better than Krokodil.

We did this a couple weeks back. Plenty of dead ends out in the country.
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z9ZKkk5Ze5MY.kckb9Bz1QySI