South korea riders

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Just_P_Dirty, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff Road Dragon

Oddometer:
    Who we got watching this thread that is still in South Korea? :y0!
  2. Rectaltronics

Rectaltronics Barned

Oddometer:
    A few weeks there, a few months stateside, rinse, repeat...
  3. Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff Road Dragon

Oddometer:
    I've been here (this time) 10 1/2 years...got at least another year to go. Not tired of it yet :-)
    tony the tiger and Rectaltronics like this.
  4. AltRider

AltRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, my name's Bruce with AltRider. We're looking into travelling through S Korea and want to make sure we hit the best ADV shops. Anyone have any recommendations of shops to visit and people to meet?
  5. Rectaltronics

Rectaltronics Barned

Oddometer:
    I don't know if it's really an "ADV shop", per se, but the folks at the KTM dealer in Hannam-dong (Seoul, just before the Hannam Bridge on the approach from north) were super-friendly and the folks I met there were generous beyond belief.
  6. SeoulRider

SeoulRider n00b

Oddometer:
    Late reply, but yeah, I'm here on an 800gs. Going on 9 years in Korea.
  7. SeoulRider

SeoulRider n00b

Oddometer:
    When are you thinking of coming? tbh, there's not a lot of (any?) ADV specific shops here. Just a few guys doing online sales for Touratech, Klim, etc. like Sena Moto: http://senatrd.com/main/index.php

Also there's a shop called Big Site (http://www.big-site.kr/) who sponsor a semi-annual Adventure Rally called 'Korea Adventure Rally / KAR'. They also have a physical retail/cafe and custom shop slightly outside of Seoul (on the road to common riding routes) where they sell gear.

Possibly some other shops or manufacturer affiliated clubs/spaces like the KTM shop mentioned (which is also right next to a BMW Motorrad branch), but not sure.

I think a good move would be to meet Mr. Park, the guy behind Adventure Studio (FB: https://www.facebook.com/adventurestudio.kr YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrm2UHpIfDXSv9pIt06XIdQ ) He runs ADV training courses, organizes events/rides, and sort of manages a fairly active Korean forum/group called GS Challenge Korea (https://cafe.naver.com/gsck). Let me know if you want me to facilitate communication or organize some kinda meetup, would be happy to help make something happen if you're passing through.
    Rectaltronics likes this.
  8. AltRider

AltRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We're really not sure just yet, that's why we wanted to reach out here before making any big plans. Thanks for all the suggestions, we'll certainly check them out.
  9. crankshaftler

crankshaftler n00b

Oddometer:
    Are you in RoK fb group?
  10. SeoulRider

SeoulRider n00b

Oddometer:
    Yep
  11. Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff Road Dragon

Oddometer:
    Me too
  12. SeoulRider

SeoulRider n00b

Oddometer:
    Seems like it hasn't been that cold this year, at least not much snow at all in Seoul... just the continually worsening air quality ㅠㅜ

I bought some RS Taichi heated gloves and inner jacket on my last trip to Japan, has really made a difference enduring longer rides in these cold winter months.
    Hot Stuff likes this.
  13. Two Moto Kiwis

Two Moto Kiwis Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Good afternoon all.

I am coming to South Korea, my bike WR250R leaves 10th April 2019 from New Zealand to Korea, it arrives in Busan 23rd May and I arrive 28th May.

Really looking forward to seeing Korea and catching up with any of you guys if possible.

Also may pick your brains for some info if I may.

Cheers Andi
  14. Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff Road Dragon

Oddometer:
    Are you the Jinx n Ellen that messaged me on Farcebook? If so I hope you were able to join ROK riders FB page as I suggested. There are a lot more South Korea riders on there than there are here on ADV rider.

*edit* I checked and it appears you are the same person! happy to see you were able to get some responses in the ROK riders group. Best wishes for an enjoyable trip!
  15. Two Moto Kiwis

Two Moto Kiwis Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Heya Hot Stuff, yeap one and the same.

Some people are FB only and some ADV and some Hubb so I threw the blanket out.

Yeap all coming together, the bike left this afty so is on its way, digging up al sort of info now which is cool, just knowing where to look eh.

Cheers Andi