1. eNewsletter Sign Up

South Western Ontario Riders

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Esser, Jun 15, 2010.

1. dougfromindy

dougfromindy I smell premix

Oddometer:
    Anyone from wallenstein ON?
    Or just like to visit farm ag stores?
    I am looking to buy a wallenstein hydraulic log splitter and save $$ with the exchange rate. Help sell a Canadian made product.
    I am a wood cutter in Michigan and near port huron/sarnia. Specifically looking for a firebolt WXR720l blue splitter.
  2. 1bigrn

1bigrn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Friday the 13th is coming soon and probably heading to Dover from London. Likely heading there at 7 am, get there for 8:15 am.
    I will probably check out the circus for 3hours and head back to London by noon.
    If anyone wants to tag along from London, let me know. We can set up a meet up spot!
  3. 1bigrn

1bigrn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Trail from St thThom to Chatham.
    I understand there may be a trail that runs from city to city that runs along a hydro line or rail trail.
    Does anyone know of such a trail? What is it luke? Where to access it?
    Any help is appreciated.
  4. Sewerat

Sewerat Cert. bike whore

Oddometer:
    Guys use it quite regularly from the local club. Use Facebook and search west Elgin trail riders. We usually start about Shedden and head west until Blenheim. It’s quite an easy ride with the right bike and skill level.
  5. 1bigrn

1bigrn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried the search but could not find anything. If you can give me specifics on where to join the trail it would be appreciated.
    Also is it a rail trail or power line?
    Thanks
  6. Sewerat

Sewerat Cert. bike whore

Oddometer:
    It’s a rail trail. West Elgin Rail Riders I guess is the correct name of the group. Local group of dual sport riders, mix of 250s-650s mostly. From WRRs to KLRs. Occasionally they will hang out at Langs and shoot the shit.
  7. smoothdurban

smoothdurban I do my own stunts

Oddometer:
    A bunch of guys get together every fall to ride this we start out Lyle Rd and Blind Line just west of St Thomas. I usually come the other way from Tillbury Queens Line #2 and Bonneau Line is where I start out. Google maps is your friend.
  8. smoothdurban

Oddometer:
    Guys I am going on a multiday ride around Georgian bay or lake Huron on August 16th to the 19th.

My plan is to ride out from LaSalle (Windsor Area) to Tobermory and catch the last ferry to Manitoulin Island. Then I would like to ride around the island eventually heading north to the mainland. Now depending on how bad the forest fires are in Parry Sound I would like to circle around Georgian bay hitting up some of the roads in the Gravenhurst / Bracebridge area. However if the trans Canada is closed I may ride west to Thessalon then take the 129 north to the 556. Then cross the border in Michigan and head south.

I plan on staying in hotels.

Anyone want to join me?
  9. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    A very loose maybe at this point, Im on vacation until the 13th so I,ll have to see how work looks. Im itching for a ride thats more than commuting, which is all Ive been doing since my injury in the spring.

I,ll see what I can figure out and let you know as soon as I can, but Im in and out on short getaways for the rest on my vacation, so I cant give you anything definite for a bit.

Cheers, Todd
  10. smoothdurban

Oddometer:
    No worries Todd

I had a plan to ride with some co workers but there was a miscommunication on which weekend we would go.

I will be taking the R Nine T so I plan to stay on pavement and look for twisties.
  11. shores

shores ElBandido

Oddometer:
    I'm off that week and right beside hwy6 heading up to the tub
    As long as my saddle bags show up which they should by the 13th I am g2g
    I've got a dr and looking to ride mostly dirt as I've got knobbies on but can do some.hwy and rural roads
    Was hoping to do park to park trail and a few others
    What are you riding ?
  12. shores

shores ElBandido

Oddometer:
    What are you riding ?
    I'm looking for dirt or rural roads on manitoulin and tcat or park to.park
  13. smoothdurban

Oddometer:
    As I mentioned earlier I am taking my BMW R Nine T so this time I plan on staying on the pavement.
  14. shores

shores ElBandido

Oddometer:
    If you are still going and want a riding mate I'm still interested
    I Can do highway on knobbies just not over 110kph
  15. smoothdurban

Oddometer:
    I'll PM you
  16. Windborne11

Windborne11 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Planning a DS/Adv ride late May for about 10 days, up through the Appalachian Mountains starting in Damascus Virginia.....https://ridebdr.com/MABDR
    I am retired, planning to ride the 2 lanes down south, follow the MABDR north, and camp where I can. This ride will be mostly backroads, and should be an easy ride with lots of scenery. The heart of Civil War battlefields. I am in no rush to complete it, time to smell the roses. I would like a couple of riders to accompany me, most Adv/DS bikes will be fine, You need the time and the $$ and some camping experience. Ability to program GPS. Dependable bike. 250 km range. Good attitude.
    Let me know? DSCN0182.JPG DSCN0150.JPG
  17. timwicked

timwicked Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone, I am in the planning stages of a 10 day dualsport ride and need some help/advice with a 190 mile section between Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie. We are looking to stay on dirt as much as possible and to cover this section in one to two days. We are average riders, both are on late model ktm 500 exc, hoping to stay in motels but will be carrying camping gear and packing light. both bikes have @ 200 mile gas range. The trip starts in Merrickville,Ont and will ride the TCAT to Sudbury,Ont., then cross into Michigan to ride the MCCCT. We plan to rent a truck to get back home in Western Massachusetts when we run out of time. Thanks in advance.
  18. BoGaRa

BoGaRa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody heading to the CSBK race in Grand Bend, next Sunday? Leaving Windsor around 9...
  19. smoothride

smoothride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will be going. Do you still have your ktm 990?
  20. BoGaRa

BoGaRa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep, will be taking the KTM. Looks like the same group as last year, plus smoothdurban will be coming if weather's nice. :)