SouthEast Adventure Trail (SEAT) Ride Report (Video)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by NewEraRacingTeam, Jun 25, 2020.

1. NewEraRacingTeam

NewEraRacingTeam Trail Roamer - XR650L - WR 426 - KTM 300

Oddometer:
    Just completed the SouthEast Adventure Trail (SEAT) from Virginia to Florida.

1650 Miles, 8 days. Many hours on the bike per day...

having just done the Continental Divide Trail last year, I was going into this trip thinking it was going to be a piece of cake. FAR from it.

Heavy downpours, broken bridges, washed out roads, muddy muck, sandy sand... but one HELL of a great time!!! Honestly one of the most fun I've had.

Got most fun times put together in a 20 minute video. Hope you enjoy!
    Enlight176.jpg
    assquatch20, smalls78, bomose and 7 others like this.
  2. carbonjunky

carbonjunky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    that sure looked like a hell of a good time ! Did you guys follow a perticular route or just made it up as you went along . Never heard of the southeast adventure trail lol. liked the georgia portion , my back yard.
  3. Long Trail

Long Trail ADV Ready

Oddometer:
    Nice video, looks like a great ride!
    NewEraRacingTeam likes this.
  4. NewEraRacingTeam

NewEraRacingTeam Trail Roamer - XR650L - WR 426 - KTM 300

Oddometer:
  5. Vambee

Vambee Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice
    NewEraRacingTeam likes this.
  6. Jimbobvfr

Jimbobvfr Jimbob

Oddometer:
    I've been working on it bit by bit. A little of the AL section south to Opelika, and this past weekend from Long Creek, SC down to Ellijay. Good times! Next weekend I plan on going east from Greer(or nearabouts) East as far as possible, then back home to ATL.
  7. R1blade75

R1blade75 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting the video. Very enjoyable to watch!
  8. Brando K

Brando K n00b

Oddometer:
    Is the ride up the East side of GA worth it or should I just skip it and head straight to Northern GA? I’m starting in Jacksonville FL.
  9. Jimbobvfr

Jimbobvfr Jimbob

Oddometer:
    Do you want quantity or quality? I've done most of the east side. It's shady, scenic, and consists of unpaved, occasionally loose gravel thru yesterday. 3 or 4 steel bridges, and just a wandering nice place to ride, no danger.
    OTOH, N. Ga? altitude changes, rocky, loose, narrow in places, etc. Certainly better quality as an off-road ride, but less in terms of scenery. The trees shield most of the views of the valleys, and you are just in the jungle. The west side more like the east, but the northwestern section should be as good as the North part. After Montgomery, AL, it's pretty ez.
  10. Brando K

Brando K n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info! I just don’t see how it’s that much unpaved. After inspecting the whole east side on satellite it appears to be all small state roads. I pulled the GPX from advtracks.com is that a different one?
  11. ShenandoahDS1

ShenandoahDS1 Dirtbike

Oddometer:
    I am hoping to do a ride down from VA to GA this spring using the upper portion of the SEAT. How would you rate that section in terms of paved vs dirt? I’m trying to stay of slab as much as possible.
  12. mpusms

mpusms Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can start/end in Jax and ride it all in 6 days. I started/ended from St Simons Island solo and took me 5 days, 1700 miles. Not to steal any thunder away from NewEraRacingTeam (great video and wheelies BTW) but here's a short clip of my ride.
    KYwoodsrider and bomose like this.
  13. T3/T4 Hybrid

T3/T4 Hybrid Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Always enjoy a video with XR's in it! Looked like a fun trip!
  14. ShenandoahDS1

ShenandoahDS1 Dirtbike

Oddometer:
    Your video is fantastic great Job!!!! What song is that? The quick clips blend great with music and makes for a great video.
  15. bomose

bomose Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great video, guys. And finally some music from my youth I can listen to. I've ridden a lot of the N Ga and Tn. stuff. Have friends in Long Creek and Dalton. Also have done the areas around Cheaha. Looks like another route I need to do before I take up the rocking chair.
  16. mpusms

Oddometer:
    What a Shame by Shane Smith and The Saints. Yeah I'm into short clips since I get bored after about a 5 seconds.
  17. One4Liberty

One4Liberty n00b

Oddometer:

Love your video! What tires are on your DR? Were they good enough in those muddy roads? Would you have had a more aggressive tire looking back at that ride?
  18. mpusms

Oddometer:
    The bike only had 500 miles when I bought it with original tires so I figured use them up and later replaced them. They were fine but I would definitely use at least 80/20 or knobbier tires.
  19. One4Liberty

One4Liberty n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I run Pirelli MT21 up front and Dunlop 606 on the rear. They get noisy on the roads but wear well and can get me thru anything. I have also used Shinko 705's that I like on the less technical stuff.
    mpusms likes this.
  20. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    Factory of sadness!

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 3.17.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 3.18.03 PM.png

Great video. Make sure you have a backup incase the youchub police mute it with the music. Gave me some extra motivation to get my XR rebuild done soon.