Southeast = The Good East

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Baldy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Swampthang

Swampthang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ll still ride!
    BywayMan likes this.
  2. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Annual post for 2019!

Hi all, Todd from Charlotte here, life-time street rider (since college), taking a turn to the dirt! I have rented big ADVs for vacation tours over the years and had a blast. And since that first BMW R1150GS I just knew that I would have one someday.
    The riding and track days stalled while my little guys were, well, little... But I never intended to give up my bikes. I needed to get back into them to have something for myself after those diaper years...

I began looking at used R1200GS's, but they are so damn big..
    So I finally sold my beloved Honda RC51 and plopped a new F850GS in the garage instead.

I broke her dirt cherry during the break-in, all thumbs up so far! I managed to keep up with two other more experienced ADVers on my first big dirt ride, so now I can worry about learning the finer points.
    Added a couple critical accessories for protection so far, will go slow on the rest as I put on the miles and figure out what I need. A slightly taller screen and soft luggage are on the list.

This summer heat is hard to take with a new bike sitting in the garage. Looking forward to more adventures as Fall slides in!
    20190623_134239-ToddGlasier.jpg
  3. Chris-KH2PM

Chris-KH2PM Kawasaki Versys 1000 & KLX650 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the collective of ADV inmates @heatmizr ! Nice ride.
  4. MTBRALPH

MTBRALPH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am going to TWOs next weekend to ride with the North Georgia group on Saturday - you are welcome to come along. Here is a video from last weekend:

ralphhowey.com/MySaturday.mov
    Buildzall and ShakDan like this.
  5. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Wow, nice vid! Will you be riding same bike and types of roads? Some of those trails look a bit tougher for my 850gs, not sure I have the nuts to risk those just yet.
    Anyway, I just got home from Cali yesterday so I probably need to stick closer to home this wknd. If things change I will PM you.
    Thanks for the invite Ralph!
  6. MTBRALPH

MTBRALPH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great, they usually have a "big bike" group that is more pavement/gravel road oriented and the smaller bike group that I made the video of. Right now the only bike I have is my 500EXC - but I have a deposit on a 2020 790 Adventure R - whenever it gets here.
    Ralph
    Buildzall and ShakDan like this.
  7. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
  8. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
  9. JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Best Carolina dog I've had in NC and I've tried a lot!!

In downtown Spencer across from the NC Transportation Museum is Roger Dog's. The red slaw is to die for!! A throwback diner with a limited, but delicious and all homemade menu. Compliment it with a Cheerwine from neighboring Salisbury and you've got NC at it 2nd best....next to Lexington's BBQ.

Attached Files:

10. JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ya know what's kinda funny about my post........I thought this thread was Southeast = The Good EATS......HA!!
  11. Buildzall

Buildzall Rooster Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bwaaaaaaaaa Hahahaha
    JohnBoyNC likes this.