Southern Alberta one Weekend at a time

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Lycan1, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Inspiration comes along many avenues. I'm happy to do my part! Enjoy the ride and be safe!

IMG_20191019_141108707_HDR.jpg

I've always enjoyed the Kinks including that song. I used to have a 78' of one of their albums.
  2. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    November 2nd 2019

"Seasons don't fear the reaper
    Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain, we can be like they are"
    -
    Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper

The time has come and with one last Ride, in November no less, both my season and Warranty are done. A final tally of 12,389 kilometers under my new wheels. Not a record breaker but considering the weather this summer not embarrassing either.

_MG_1239.jpg

With the temperature at a chill 4 degrees I set out on a local ride just to get a few more pictures, a few more kilometers, and a few more smiles in before the clouds carrying their frozen payload began strafing the landscape. I met a friend at the Tim's by Blackfoot to join me on part of the run.

We ran a road allowance south of town that looked OK but under the leaves and dried flattened grass there was greasy mud. It gave a few sideways slides to the tires but otherwise with due caution we made it through without drama. Back on pavement the clumps of mud between the knobbies flew up and out landing on my visor.

There were icy patches on the shaded areas of some of the back roads and ponds were iced over with snow lining many ditches southwest of Calgary.

_MG_1245.jpg

The clouds came and went for a time but by late afternoon they rolled in to stay and the temperatures slid lower as they did.

_MG_1249.jpg Ian's WR.

_MG_1246.jpg It was good to take the time for one last ride in 2019.

"And so my friends we'll say goodnight
    For time has claimed it's prize
    But tonight will always last

As long as we keep alive memories of Paradise..." - Styx, The Best Of Times

3. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    November 2nd 2019

_MG_1237.jpg

_MG_1248-2.jpg

See you in 2020.
    or at least eyes hope so.....
  4. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lee,
    Thanks for all the great pictures this year. Hope you continue next year.
    Lycan1 likes this.
  5. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    As long as the eye surgeries go well, I have every intention to.

June.jpg
  6. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What are you getting done?
    Good luck with whatever it is. They are doing some remarkable things nowadays.
  7. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Just cataracts, both eyes. Should be no more need for glasses if succesful. Fairly routine I'm told. It will be nice to see in both eyes again after February. It will be weird the first time just sliding a helmet on without first removing glasses and then trying to slide the arms into place over each ear. It will be a novel experience since I've had glasses since grade 9.

DSC04274.JPG
  8. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have had the surgery in both eyes. Pretty quick and painless procedure. Most uncomfortable part was staring into a very bright light for about 15 mins. I still require a small correction (handled by contacts) because of astigmatisms that they couldn't totally correct for.
    Good luck.

BTW - were you and a friend filling up at the Shell on Old Banff Coach Rd about 5:30PM yesterday? Saw a 1090 and 990 there.
  9. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Nope, not me. We were at the south end, and WR 250 running with me.

_MG_1240.jpg

I made a 2020 Calendar with some of my favorite shots. Just so you know I make nothing from it should anyone choose to purchase one. It should look nice on my office wall.

Screenshot_20191111-071022.png

IMG_20191114_053316688_HDR.jpg
    canadius_maximus likes this.
  10. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout adventure flyfisher

Oddometer:
    Nice pics I was out that way myself yesterday but instead of riding went for one last outing on the river and a few more browns and rainbows.......
    Lycan1 likes this.