Southern Illinois

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by eldomike, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Paul Penton

Paul Penton Trails Are Us

Oddometer:
    I'll be in St. Louis Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The weather looks good Sunday if you're free? All I have to ride is the GS. I'll call you Saturday when I get home.
  2. Curiousteve

Curiousteve Curiousteve

Oddometer:
    Uhh... what's the restored Kawi oil burner and the 3-wheeled Piaggio for? :D

Sieg, 10-4 on the power sprayer... me too! But not up close and not at the o-rings... no other way to get dried mud of a dirt bike.

I bought a new can of Castrol chain wax the other day and sprayed it on my two chains and they are still sticky after 5 days! :puke1 I hate to take them into the dirt like that and wonder if the Castrol was defective? If they are still that way when it warms up this weekend I guess they'll get the WD40 treatment.

Kanur, I'd love to ride with you this weekend... you probably need some slow riding practice anyway... Paul's getting pretty good at it! :snore
  3. lfs225

lfs225 Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

Oddometer:
    Naples, Fl with a storage unit (house) Mo
    Sieg.........kerosene......I was referring to the old chains. Pre O-ring. You stated you had NEVER washed a chain and I surmised you must have NEVER ridden when chains were junk. As were most of the bikes.

Paul Penton.......I use WD-40 too but I suspect it's only function is to keep my chain "purt-ty". I hate looking at a rusty chain on a bike even if it probably is still functional.
  4. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah I got that, I didn't clean them then either just dump more lube on them. They were cheap then.
  5. Paul Penton

Paul Penton Trails Are Us

Oddometer:
    I seldom ride my 1975 Kawasaki 400 3 cyl. 2 stroke and when I do it's not on gravel or trails. Same for the MP3 these cold days.
  6. lfs225

Oddometer:
    Sieg: sorry for the misspelling.......
  7. 1stgenfarmboy

1stgenfarmboy The Sherpa Man

Oddometer:
    Me and the boy are ridding but we are unsure of time of departure, we will be starting on Cedar Grove rd by the IPLA barn west of Goreville, heading in a south westerly direction but no real route, and that's just how I like it.....meandering is always the funnest for me.

maybe we will run into some of you that are ridding Saturday.
  8. Curiousteve

Curiousteve Curiousteve

Oddometer:
    Good stuff, I've used it for years. I especially like that when it dries on your chain, it's DRY... no sticky residue to collect dirt. After seven days of waiting for my Castrol Chain Wax to dry on my two chain bikes, it's still sticky! :puke1 Yesterday I hosed it off with WD40. I should have stayed with the Dupont Teflon chain saver, but I was out. Or stayed with nothing but WD40, which I buy by the gallon... live and learn.
  9. lfs225

Oddometer:
    Seven wheelchair athletes have been banned from the Paralympics after they tested positive for WD40. :rofl
  10. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's priceless, :rofl:rofl
  11. 1stgenfarmboy

Oddometer:
    OK Dave, where in the heck is the big cave, I thought it was the same place that we parked at the church and walked up to the bluffs ? ?

we rode 155 miles today and I couldn't for the life of me find the dang cave.
  12. 1stgenfarmboy

Oddometer:
    OK thanks ! ! I was way to far west. :clap
  13. 1stgenfarmboy

Oddometer:
    My son came to the conclusion that he didn't think this water crossing through before he bailed off in it without waterproof paints on, he got a bit chilly by the time they air dried. :lol3

[​IMG]
  14. 1stgenfarmboy

Oddometer:
    We saw 3 guys from ILL in this creek, a KLR, XR, DR, and 2 guys on motards on Pine hills road,

to the guys we saw in the creek, yes the road did go on through after crossing where "the bridge was out" it came out about half way up Pine hills road, it is a cool road but you need (loose gravel riding 101) studied up before heading on down. :norton a total of about 5.5 miles of loose creek rock.
  15. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dave is that old store and gas station in Ozark by you--still open and doing OK ????
    Hope it is.
    I'm headed to Arizona right now---be down here a few weeks riding.
    Was 80° yesterday going thru Texas.

See ya when I get back and we'll go for breakfast :D:D:D:D

Mark
  16. kanur

kanur cu new er

Oddometer:
    Hey Dave,

Sorry we missed you. The Mrs wanted to spend the night at our cabin which is on the St Francis river west of Fredericktown, MO so we rode the big bikes west. CuriousSteve rode with us on Saturday and we had a real good time.
  17. Curiousteve

Curiousteve Curiousteve

Oddometer:
    Had a great time, Kanur, thanks! I just posted a short ride report with pix on the Missouri thread. Wish all of us could ride as good as your Mrs!:clap

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237413&page=565
  18. kanur

kanur cu new er

Oddometer:
    I was 53 degrees when I skipped out of work at 2:00 yesterday and got in a good 50 mile ride. Very little pavement and a lot of quad trails. The temperature was dropping quick at dusk.
  19. Thumper87

Thumper87 out ride life

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now that I am a member I can show off some of my rides I have taken this winter.

-Rob-:ricky
  20. kanur

kanur cu new er

Oddometer:
    Welcome and nice pics. Hope to see you on the trail.