Southern Illinois

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by eldomike, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Oldad!
  2. Oldad

Oldad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's one for you. Right off Benham Ridge Road near One Horse Gap Lake. Looking back toward Garden of the Gods. IMG_0125.JPG
  3. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was up Benham Ridge back in June. There was a tree down just as a person got to that candy cane hook on north end of that legal road. If that pic is not on a "year round/seasonal" road, it is outside my scope of the SET tracks for now.
  4. Oldad

Oldad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's definitely seasonal. It's actually more of a trail from Benham Ridge to the scenic lookout.
    Old 179 likes this.
  5. LSHenk

LSHenk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Always on the lookout when riding. I think it is eatable but after my last batch of wild mushrooms that caused me to vomit all night I think I will pass for now.
    15506CEA-C12C-4DFF-A8C3-36D6495E390C.jpeg
    Themastermike likes this.
  6. 1stgenfarmboy

1stgenfarmboy The Sherpa Man

Oddometer:
    They are all eatable once.
    William42 and Paul Penton like this.
  7. Grafspee

Grafspee one bike is never enough

Oddometer:
    The Cedarhurst Museum Motorcycle show is this Sunday 9/26 if you have never been - consider it! Not your average bike show as past winners include Husqvarna vintage dirt bikes and a Norton. tempImageFmxVPg.jpg

There will be all types of bikes at this show. The gentleman that organizes this show is active in a Spanish dirt bike club and will have some on display.
    MCRIDER1959, William42 and TonyKZ1 like this.
  8. Scribethedirt

Scribethedirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think I will be there. That show sounds pretty cool. Anyone else going? Wouldnt mind meeting a few Adv riders in the area.
  9. Paul Penton

Paul Penton Trails Are Us

Oddometer:
    I guess I won’t be there since I can’t find where it is.
  10. Scribethedirt

Scribethedirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cedarhurst museum in Mt. Vernon, IL
    Paul Penton likes this.
  11. Scribethedirt

Scribethedirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Made it 20210926_124049.jpg
    MCRIDER1959 likes this.
  12. flatlandjohnny

flatlandjohnny Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    More photos?
  13. milq

milq Long timer

Oddometer:
    I saw but didn’t speak with Big Dog, couldn’t fight my way through the groupies! Should’ve checked this thread prior to going, could’ve met up with folks even though I rode my K75S.

The Norton took one of the Best of Show trophies, same guy (from Evansville area) owns the Honda flat tracker, which also won an award.
    IMG_4152.jpg
    IMG_4145.jpg
    IMG_4142.jpg
    IMG_4151.jpg View attachment 3211679
    William42 and PlowHand like this.
  14. milq

milq Long timer

Oddometer:
    The HD dealer was also letting folks demo the Pan America, I probably should’ve given it a whirl but I’m pretty happy with my current ride.
    flatlandjohnny likes this.
  15. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    MILQ------------saw a K75S pull in and I'm sure that was you !!!!
    I had a K75S and put 130,000 miles on that bike in a very short number of years-------so I take notice of those fine machines when I see them.

A good friend of mine brought this bike (Indian sticker on tank) to the show and most people (including me) didn't pick up that it wasn't a real motorcycle at all---------even after close scrutiny. The joke was on everybody that looked at it.

The gas tank was a oxygen bottle----the petcock was an old brass ballcock off a toilet fill valve.
    The motor cylinders were 2 Briggs and Stratton engines welded together and the large voids here and there were filled in with body putty.
    But the kicker was that those silver painted heads were WOOD------------yes WOOD. Hard to believe.
    That left side crankcase cover was something I can't remember what he told me but it was hilarious.
    I think the push rod tubes were 1/4" aluminum tubing------like on a furnace pilot light.

The whole thing was kind of very fragile and had to be picked up and carried to his old pick up when he left.

The guy that made this thing is a genius craftsman and has many old "real" bikes. The stuff he does is amazing.
    He should have won a show trophy-------but couldn't as it wasn't real.
    After him telling people the heads were wood------they just couldn't believe it.
    Knowing him pretty well------he probably spent a thousand hours on this thing.
    Amazing. In his yard he has old bikes hanging in the trees around his house---as I remember one of them has the appearance from the road of going thru the tree. Motorcycle yard art at it's finest.

[​IMG]
  16. milq

milq Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think it was the only K bike there, but I could’ve missed one. Mine has 32k miles on it, I picked it up from the original owner late last summer. Previously had a K100RT that I bought from Birds repair in Fairfield, great bike but the RT fairing was more than I wanted (and my knees were constantly beat up from that fairing).

I saw that bike but didn’t get close to it at all, I’d heard some guy say it was a bunch of parts in bike form lol.
  17. MCRIDER1959

MCRIDER1959 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mt.vernon, IL. Located right next to nothing
    milq.........So you are the guy who rode in on the red K75s?? We were wondering.
  18. milq

milq Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, overgrown for the bike, I know.

I know a couple of the guys from Tri-State Vin Moto so was chatting with them for most of the time I was there. I spotted Big Dog while awards were being presented but he was plenty busy doing his thing. (I’m not nearly as outgoing!)
  19. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    Little Tuesday afternoon ride thru Pyramid. Before rain for my two days off. IMG_20211005_140653110_HDR.jpg IMG_20211005_142527539_HDR.jpg
  20. milq

milq Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_4228.jpg
    View attachment 3239295

Dodged some rain and horseback riders to get to High Knob, currently having sammiches at Harbisons. Looks like the rain is about to catch us.
    Oldad, MCRIDER1959, TonyKZ1 and 2 others like this.