Southern Indiana S.H.A.T. Ride 2019

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by brewski83, Dec 7, 2018.

?

Do you plan on attending this ride?

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

4.9%
  3. Maybe

39.5%
  1. soupbill

soupbill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a shot at one but missed, IMG_1703.jpg I think it scared him so bad he urinated on himself !
  2. Kaveman

Kaveman Unga.. Bunga..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks BigDog. I was like Forrest Gump. When I got to the end of Saturday’s track I figured, I might as well keep going.
  3. Brown3690

Brown3690 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a great ride with an awesome group of guys on Saturday. (I was the new guy on the 690.) Thanks for letting me ride with you.

Thanks again for lunch, Charles.

Thanks for organizing this brewski83, great meeting you.

See you at the next ride.
    jtclark13, PlowHand and brewski83 like this.
  4. BlueFargo

BlueFargo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Saturday morning Gavin was bringing up the rear of our 3 man group riding in one of the more remote and less populated woods areas. He saw something strange in the woods so he turned around and went back to investigate. He couldn’t find anything and a review of gopro footage also failed to confirm a sighting. (A rookie move for sure - going back to investigate by himself.) :lol3

And during night Saturday, Alex heard some unexplainable branches breaking in the woods not far from his campsite. He didn’t leave his tent to investigate.

So no pictures to share but certainly enough incidents to keep us wondering. :twitch
  5. kyjenkin

kyjenkin Squatchy

Oddometer:
    Fun times this Saturday! It was great for my wife to break out of her shell and get over her anxieties. Thanks for putting together some great routes!
    brewski83 and EBR458 like this.
  6. BlueFargo

BlueFargo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh, and I forgot to add that while pumping gas Saturday afternoon, Alex was talking to the guy using the next pump. When he found out the story behind our adv ride, he shared that his dad had had a Bigfoot encounter. Add it to the list. :deal
    EBR458, Kaveman and brewski83 like this.
  7. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    It's amazing how many people have some type of story about squatch. All you gotta do is bring up the topic.
  8. Stallard1

Stallard1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks Brewski for the ride. We had 5 in our group and had a blast. Sorry didn’t get to meet you but did meet your dad. Nice guy!
    Look forward to next year?

We did find a Sasquatch Saturday close to a house but still waiting on the mothership!

upload_2019-5-19_20-8-53.jpeg upload_2019-5-19_20-10-17.jpeg

upload_2019-5-19_20-11-18.jpeg

upload_2019-5-19_20-12-11.jpeg
    toypro1, brewski83, Bhart89 and 2 others like this.
  9. SSE

SSE Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    blrfjr and brewski83 like this.
  10. PlowHand

PlowHand Ancient, ugly and happy :-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ryan ( @brewski83 ) for putting this ride together. I didn’t get to come over to see you because, well, it’s complicated. (I couldn’t unload my bike because I was in an unauthorized site and if the owner showed up who knows what he/she would have done to my stuff in retribution. It was all @RoadDad 's and @tpar1220 's fault – they gave me the idea.) If you have any stickers left maybe you can give me one if you make it to @Kaveman 's ride.

Much fun was had in our group. I’m pretty sure we saw two Squatchs cross right in front of @BigDogAdventures early on in our ride. BigDog thought it was possibly a couple of deer but he was too close (they were only a few feet in front of him - and he was really booking it at the time) and it happened too fast for him to be accurate I’m sure. Those of us that were behind him had a much better angle and are 99.99 percent sure it was SQUATCH!

Later in the ride @Loose Nut for sure saw one and then he high tailed it so fast no one could keep him in sight. Who knew a WRR could go so fast! (It is documented in the video below.) The man can move if he needs to. After he yelled “Squatch!” to warn us, he said something that sounded like “last man perishes” (or something like that).

Anyway, we rode the Sunday track yesterday because our ride leaders (Loose Nut and BigDog) have no responsibilities in life and can get there early and stay late and they had already rode the Saturday track.

It was hard editing out so much great riding but I did the best I could to shorten this video…

(PS: I know it was the Ohio river. :-))

11. rustycager

rustycager Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey I see my bike in the back at the nonroute (buzzard roost) stop.
  12. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm positive Sasquatch was riding around the campgrounds on a "monkey" Thursday night!
    Stallard1, soupbill, Kaveman and 2 others like this.
  13. Justarida

Justarida Genius At Large

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the RFF (Ride Fun Factor) was pretty high on this one! I know I had a good time!
    If you wanted to see squatch you shoulda come over to me an Brewski's camp. Damn thing hung around there all the time! The smell was awful and once the beer started to flow he wouldnt leave.

upload_2019-5-20_0-24-24.png

What other ride could you go on that has a lunch special at a preferred local eatery dedicated to all of the folks brave enough to saddle up an see whats out there?

upload_2019-5-20_0-31-11.png

The Farm House in Cloverport Ky. absolutely awesome!!
    Thank you!
    https://www.farmhousestoreky.com/

We stopped here a couple of times while preriding the track. Brewski mentioned to them what we were up to and this is what they did. Awesome burger, awesome folks!
    Stallard1, mbabc, rustycager and 6 others like this.
  14. Justarida

Oddometer:
  15. Justarida

Oddometer:
    Three brave lads waiting for some BigFoot Burgers!
    Check out Gavins shirt! On my list!!

upload_2019-5-20_0-41-57.png
  16. Justarida

Oddometer:
    I like to never got my AT up this sandy goat path. If Brad hadnt done it first on his VStrom I prob wouldnt have tried it. Thanks Buddy!

upload_2019-5-20_0-45-38.png
  17. 306dad

306dad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a blast Ryan. Thanks so much
    brewski83 likes this.
  18. Eyeball Kid

Eyeball Kid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Killer route thank you!!!
    brewski83 likes this.
  19. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is this the area you're talking about? I'm going to have a go at Sunday's track soon and was just looking it over.

38.272902, -86.583411

upload_2019-5-20_10-46-9.png
  20. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Yup, that's it. I'll fix the tracks tonight and re-post them. A couple other issues were found that also need fixin. Stay tuned!