Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by RedRockRider, Sep 16, 2011.

1. RedRockRider

RedRockRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few bonus pics, sadly not of motos, but still very good times . . .

Mrs. RRR at the Pololu Valley lookout on the Big Island of Hawaii a few months ago. Married 23 years and no limits on motorcycle purchases by me = WINNER! :raabia

[​IMG]

RRR Junior, now 16, in foggy conditions on the summit of Mauna Kea. He's turning out to be a photographer, just like Dad and Grandpa. https://www.flickr.com/photos/runemaker/

[​IMG]

Overnight trip in Zion with Dad a week ago. Campsite #2 on the West Rim Trail near Cabin Spring. Dad hasn't been riding motos quite as much the last year, but still getting out on the trails and with his bicycle bike. Age 80 and going strong! :lift

[​IMG]

At some point, I'll start posting up lots more moto pics. Still out on the bikes every week. Life is good. Thanks for checking in. Appreciate all the friends saying hello. Try to keep random shit out of this thread. I'm sure there's a good place to post it in Jo Momma. :super

--- RRR
    MaNDan, DCrider, ER70S-2 and 7 others like this.
  2. RedRockRider

RedRockRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another bike pic . . . along the California coast about a year ago. Vulcan 1700 Nomad.

[​IMG]
    MaNDan, Chillis, DirtyJohnny and 6 others like this.
  3. ringokelly

ringokelly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HE's ALIVE!!!! Welcome back RRR!!!!!!!!!!!
    ER70S-2, DirtyJohnny and RedRockRider like this.
  4. ringokelly

Oddometer:
    HAA!! Not AWOL DJ....just working too hard. Time to get out on the bikes.....wish I was going to DINO but got lots of family stuff going over the next few weeks....
    DirtyJohnny likes this.
  5. offtheback

offtheback Chocolate Starfish Supporter

Oddometer:
    Heading out with some guys june1 on Rimrocker from CO to UT. Then we all split from there. I was thinking of continuing on UT BDR and heading to Torroweap and then up to Capitol Reef/Burro etc. Then possibly up to Dinosaur area. Trying to weigh the heat factor and may just head up and go to Idaho BDR. Thoughts about the Temps that first week of June and camping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. RedRockRider

RedRockRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    First week of June in Southern Utah is already hot, especially at lower elevations. I'd head for Idaho. :ricky
    offtheback likes this.
  7. simbaboy

simbaboy Lansing MBS Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fun times at Delicate Arch:

[​IMG]
    klaviator, Chillis, ER70S-2 and 3 others like this.
  8. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:

Yes it was!!

Good times hanging out, The 'fab four'. It started out as an inmate ride hosted by RRR on 6-25-13.

RRR, StG(Tae), SealSam(me) & simbaboy(Imu) back in '13
    [​IMG]

This past week on our hike to Delicate Arch after a meet up in Moab for a few days of riding & catching up.

[​IMG]

Funny how a website has created such good friends among us four. Sharing each other's company, swapping 'fish' stories, sharing personal family experiences. I been very fortunate to have the pirates come into my life. Thank you RRR, Imu & Tae. You guys have been the best, been there when I went through some real medical crap, thanks fella's!!!! :thumb:thumb
    klaviator, Utrider1, Chillis and 5 others like this.
  9. StG

StG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow have you guys gotten old...:lol2

10. RedRockRider

RedRockRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can almost feel the love . . . almost :jack Just had a nice dinner with Imu and family in St. George. :dukegirl Excellent riding in Moab last week. I did manage to take a few pics. Will post in the next day or two.

And thanks to whomever bought all the food in Moab. I didn't pay for anything. :beer Always knew I liked riding with you guys. :super
  11. simbaboy

simbaboy Lansing MBS Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you E and RRR for excellent company and food.
    We had a very good time.
    Thank you,
    Imu
  12. sealsam

Oddometer:
    Love you too Tae.:finger
    Chillis, simbaboy and RedRockRider like this.
  13. sealsam

Oddometer:
    I've told you a million times, we look out for you 'fixed income' retired folk.
  14. notsofasteddie

notsofasteddie Semi Slow Rider

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you're doing well RRR !!! I was thinking of sending you a PM in the last couple of weeks, asking how you were liking the Versys since you have had it a while now. I guess, buying another one says it all. Congrats on the new bike. I'll have to stop in and say hi to Jason and sit on some of the new ones they have in stock.

Ed
    Page, AZ
    RedRockRider likes this.
  15. Cyclepath

Cyclepath Lost wanderer

Oddometer:
    Hey......All you guys and gals still alive and kickin in here ? :-) Silence is golden but not in a forum. hehehe
    sealsam likes this.
  16. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    i'm Lurking...

I've never been riding in Utah, but it's on the bucket list.

I have a very long list..
    sealsam and Cyclepath like this.
  17. ringokelly

Oddometer:
    I think RRR is laying on a beach somewhere since it is 100++ every day here right now......once it cools down I am sure he will join those of us who are frying right now:kboom:lol3:lol3:lol3
    sealsam likes this.
  18. sealsam

Oddometer:
    Hello ROK:wave

As we know, RRR never rest's! The dude is always on the move, I know he and the family has plenty of travel plans this summer, but he may lurk once in a while, so hello RRR.:super

I had a great time with him in Moab back in May. This was on the Delicate Arch hike early one morning, the punk is a serious hiker, he kept turning around, "Sam, you still with me?". That was a great and long awaited day for me to finally complete the hike up to Delicate(heart attack survivor).

[​IMG]

Our hiking group...

[​IMG]

Utah is amazing!!

...so much better with good friend's!!!!
    Utrider1, klaviator, ER70S-2 and 4 others like this.
  19. ringokelly

Oddometer:
    He never does rest!!! I try and keep up but I cannot!

Good on you for riding and hiking after that nasty episode......you are a tough bird so keep it up!

I hope to join all you guys next go around.....good family and friends are what makes life sweet.:-)
  20. Utrider1

Utrider1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Greetings all! I have fixed the video in post 1879. Sorry for the lengthy delay, but alas it now should work.

And now it's post 2000 in the epic thread! Do I get a piece of pie or something?
    BillUA likes this.