Southwestmoto tires sold!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by chrisparker966, Dec 12, 2008.

1. chrisparker966

chrisparker966 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just found out that South West Moto Tires has been sold to Arizona Honda here in Tucson. They take over on the 15th. I'm sure Blaine will make sure all orders are shipped before the change over but after, we'll have to see. Let's hope they don't change it too much especially the price.
    :beer
  2. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    Daymn
  3. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry The most suave of stooges

Oddometer:
    I have been ordering from American Moto Tires. Better prices and the service is good.
  4. Hipster-Dufus

Hipster-Dufus Swim the East River

Oddometer:
    To each his own opinion, but I am not a fan of Arizona Honda...
  5. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    Stopped in to say howdy the other day.

FWI was told, it wasn't 100% complete (as of last week anyway), but Blaine's on the way out. Retiring... :wave

The guys at On Any Moto across the street seem pretty good, but they're not SW Moto Tires. One of the guys worked with Blaine, so the installs for BMWs should be no problemo.

M
  6. mphoppe

mphoppe Hops

Oddometer:
    The deal at SWMototires is done...Blaine has been banished to the desert...to catch up on his riding (I know I ride w/ him)!!!

For locals and or passing thru inmates a new shop (across the street from Blaines/Swmoto) opened a couple of months ago. They started doing the mounting for Blaine as a partnership kinda thing.... Chris, who was working for Blaine, is also one of the owners of the new shop "On Any Moto".

The shop is owned by real riders, and extreme ones at that; roadrace and MX as well as a streak of long time Ducati customizers. It is an awesome shop, only stocking Arai dealer (Lots of them - I was just there today) in Tucson, Killer front room to hang out w/ couches, free food, and a BIG flatscreen running moto stuff...and a view of theparking lot with all the toys parked right outside :clap

www.onanymoto.com
  7. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    SWMoto tires was always an internet presence to me. I appreciate the effort at creating a quality brick and mortar experience for the locals but what about the internet business? Is there going to be an effort to maintain that?
  8. LowAdvRider

LowAdvRider Why aren't we Riding?

Oddometer:
    SWMoto tires is where I have been ordering my tires. Now what? I'm sure I can find ok prices somewhere else, but the service and reliability are what I was sold on.

Where else am I going to mail order a set of tires from KNOWING that I will get them in 3 days or less?

Crap.
  9. Wheeler

Wheeler n00b

Oddometer:
    I was just pricing tires on their site this morning. There's not a word about this on it. That's good to know. I also just happened to find ON ANY MOTO while tooling around Tucson today. That made my day. SWMoto was not the greatest deal on single tires. ON ANY MOTO gave me a price that was spot on against a bikebandit.com price, even after my AMA discount. I'm glad that ON ANY MOTO is up and running and sorry to see SWMoto Tires get swallowed up. (At least it was to AZ Honda, it could've been worse! lol)

ON ANY MOTO
    1655 W Grant Rd
    Tucson, AZ 85745
    877-6-ANY-MOTO
    520-269-6606

10. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    Blaine and whoever and whatever always did what they said they'd do whenever I bought from them. Can't ask for much more...ever.

I'll continue to spend my money with that company.
    Unless they screw up...
  11. OAM

OAM On Any Moto

Oddometer:
    Hello ADV Riders,

On Any Moto will have an internet sales presence shortly. SW Moto Tires and On Any Moto have been working side by side for a while now, mostly on the local front. AZ Honda's purchase just happened to be a good opportunity for Blaine at this time, so he took advantage. What will happen with the new ownership and any changes that may happen with SW Moto Tires, I can't predict.

But what I can say is that we are ready to step up and provide the same fast service and pricing you were used to with SW Moto Tires under Blaine's ownership. We offer something unique to our local scene (and to any of those passing thru) and we will soon do the same for our online customers.

I will begin posting in the Vendor section beginning on Monday. And until our online shop gets up and running, please feel free to email us or call us at the following contacts (and let us know that you found us thru ADV Rider):

email: sales@onanymoto.com
    phone: 877-6-ANY MOTO (626-9686)
    520-269-6606 (local)
    Shop hours are M-F 9am-6pm and Sat 9am-4pm, MST.

www.onanymoto.com
  12. bmwktmbill

bmwktmbill Traveler

Oddometer:
    Praise the lord, pass the tire irons....
    b.
  13. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    Thanks OAM, I have been a strong customer of Blaines since early '03, before his move to Tuscon. Looking foward to doing business with you.
  14. bourkeco

bourkeco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just placed a order for 4 Maxxis ITs I have always got all my stuff next day.... I let you all know if anything has changed..... Hope not!!!!:deal
  15. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I checked the prices on the TKC's I use, and SWMoto is still the best deal for me. I hope Blaine enjoys retirement and that OAM keeps doing the right thing a lot of us have gotten used too from SWM...
  16. moymurfs

moymurfs Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Oddometer:
    Any word if the new owner will keep the FREE SHIPPING on 2 tires? :clap
  17. bourkeco

bourkeco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They have:clap :clap :deal
  18. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    I have had great service from SWMoto, so when I heard this I sent them an email and this is a quote I got back

"Blaine and swmototires are both doing very well, same great service Thanks Erik "

That"s good enough for me.
  19. George 99

George 99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used Blaine for several orders til he couldn't fill my Avon needs a few months ago. Went with Two Brothers Tires in Georgia instead. Good service, good price, and no AZ sales tax.

Also got my new dirt tires for the Yam from them.

Wishing Blaine good luck in retirement. I'm not a big fan of Arizona Honda and Two Brothers Tires are a vendor at ST-Owners.com so I'll prolly stick with them for the foreseeable future.

Just another option...
  20. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's good news. I've always enjoyed doing business with Blaine and have even had a good telephone chat with him once when he ran out of stock after my order was placed and he called with some good recommended substitutes.

Looking forward to the new owners carrying on in the grand tradition.