Spare Dynaplug near Kamloops?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by motrhead, Jun 19, 2020.

1. motrhead

motrhead Travellin' Soul

Oddometer:
    I am having a hell of a time finding a tire plug to fix my rear tire. I have a tiny nail, and am out of Dynaplugs. All of the clueless bike shops only carry the rope type repair kits, or tell me they don't fix tires! LoL.
    Dynapkugs don't put a bigger hole through the carcass. They are the greatest thing ever. I ordered 2 packs of refills from Amazon, but they won't be here until July!!!
    If anyone has a spare plug, or knows of a shop in BC that has them, please let me know. This is a low mileage tire.
  2. The Maz

The Maz Clueless and lost

Oddometer:
    Pull the tire off and patch it from the inside
    woodgrain likes this.
  3. motrhead

motrhead Travellin' Soul

Oddometer:
    Yeah, i was trying to avoid that, but it's looking like the inevitable solution.
  4. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you are truly stuck why would you not just use a string plug?
  5. motrhead

motrhead Travellin' Soul

Oddometer:
    I'm not really stuck. I have another bike. String plugs are nasty. You have to poke a big hole through the carcass to get it in. Dynaplugs fit through the existing hole. No reaming or rasping, and inatant seal. I am a huge fan, and every one has worked perfect for me.
    After not having flats on the road for many years, I bought the Dynaplug kit to take with me to Inuvik (and carried tubes as well). I never had to use it.
    The next year I had four flats across three bikes, and the Dynaplugs (and Dynaplug pump) saved my ass.
    They are just the most elegant (and lazy...) solution. I hqve even used them on my truck. There was a short slit that took about 4 (?) Dynaplugs to seal, and they are still in there...
    I will probably pull the tire off the Buell tomorrow and patch inside...but why do all that work when you don't have to?
  6. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent Stay weird, or you'll be normal like everyone else

Oddometer:
    I've seen the Dynaplugs in the display case at the BMW Ducatti dealership in Vancouver and Langley. Look up High Road dealership.
    motrhead likes this.
  7. Lurkerlou

Lurkerlou Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What type of tire are you trying to plug? I’m in Kamloops and don’t have a dyna Plug but have lots of tires. If I have a takeoff low Km tire in the size that is like what you are trying to plug you might be rolling again until you can get some plugs.
  8. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ok, never heard of them before. Had to look them up. I carry the stop and go repair kit. Similar I guess. Being kinda in the tire business. We use a Patch/plug design, but you have to pull the tire to fix it. Fixed a Bunch of Moto tires with no issues this way. If you'er in the Salmon Arm area I can help.
    motrhead likes this.
  9. motrhead

motrhead Travellin' Soul

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer!
    If I am pulling it off I will just patch it on the inside. It's a fairly new Avon TrailRider. I will get patches tomorrow, then go for a ride.
  10. Lurkerlou

Lurkerlou Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good I’ll be up doing some work stuff for a bit so if you get it off and anything changes let me know. I always keep some lightly used spare Mitas E-09 Dakar’s handy. They’d be 18” 150’s , not sure what you are riding but I’d help if I can motrhead.
  11. motrhead

motrhead Travellin' Soul

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer. I will pull it off tomorrow and patch it. I know your plug/patches are better, but a regular patch will be fine. It will be worn out in a couple of months anyways...lol
    MGV8 likes this.
  12. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd offer to mail ya a couple from Ontario, but with the way things are now with mailed parcels, they likely wouldn't arrive until 2022.
  13. motrhead

motrhead Travellin' Soul

Oddometer:
    Thanks for thinking of me! Currently dealing with a family medical emergency. Don't expect I will be riding for a few weeks anyways.
  14. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hope it all works out for the best!