Specific to Women

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by VelvtRide, Sep 9, 2007.

1. BSkye

BSkye Long timer

Oddometer:
    Leafaye, in the bicycling world I found the value of some products that are similar to deodorants but specific to keeping intimate areas dry. I use them on the bike as well as bicycle, right along with a good pair of slightly padded bicycling shorts under my Riding pants for long rides. Makes a big difference.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  2. tuffstuff

tuffstuff Livin' Life

Oddometer:
    I AGREE!!!

I don't know how I would do long rides without padded bike shorts under my gear. Good bike shorts are standard for me to keep comfortable on those long rides!

3. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    I have long hair ...
    I just do 2 tight braids, and braid it with in 2 inches from the ends.....
    I do tuck my braids in my coat most of the time...
    If I have a tank top on I'll tuck in my bra straps...
    I don't have and issues with it...
    I ride 20K miles a year...
    It's a primary vehicle for me...

And as for the saddle ..I love my Russell Day long...No padded shorts or pants need..
  4. tuffstuff

tuffstuff Livin' Life

Oddometer:
    Lady Draco has the best advice... Just get a good seat. I desperately need a better seat on my bike thus the bike shorts. I've had bikes with good seats though and never needed to wear the padding :)
  5. Deah

Deah WonderingButNotLost

Oddometer:
    +1

I recently got a cruiser with a mustang seat and extended pegs with floor boards. My previous bike was a Ninja 650r. What a difference in an awesome way. The seat came with the new to me bike and it is worth every penny. I can rider all day now.

I used to ride the bike trail a lot and went with padded shorts with no undies and chamois cream. I definitely could ride more miles with the added precaution. Lady parts were still soar but not as soar without. It always seems like I have to build up a tolerance for that area of the body, for putting that much pressure/friction. Guess because it is a sensitive area and going from the off season to riding every day. You can always ice down that area too. :D
  6. BSkye

BSkye Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, building up tolerance works, those muscles definitely firm pretty quickly whether it's during bicycling or riding. The seat matters too, although I can ride pretty long before my stock Kawasaki seat feels like a 2x4! It never crossed my mind to Ice anything, however ;)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Roadrunner

Roadrunner (Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer:
    Have you been able to do a halo or dutch braid with your helmet? My hair is just above shoulder length, and I usually wear it in a low pony tail while I ride, then let it down when I arrive. The hair glove sounds like a really good idea?
  8. LadyDraco

Oddometer:
    I don't like the way a French braid feels in my helmet...
  9. Roadrunner

Roadrunner (Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer:
    Yeah...I was worried about that. If I do them, maybe only on days with snow while using my truck.
  10. MichaelJ

MichaelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Might I humbly suggest LD Comfort underwear. A significant portion of the Iron Butt types use his stuff exclusively.

Designed specifically for motorcycle riding vs. re-purposing bike shorts.

No affiliation - just a happy customer. He's finally gotten around to doing women's sizes after getting beaten up on a regular basis by the female LD riders. (path of least resistance, and all that)
  11. tuffstuff

tuffstuff Livin' Life

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I'm interested and may try a pair! Heading to ride in Colorado in a few weeks. May add a few pieces of gear for that trip
  12. tuffstuff

tuffstuff Livin' Life

Oddometer:
    I'm with you. French braids under a helmet hurt me. I've tried everything with my long hair. I've even tried all the different accessories for keeping it flat etc. nothing works for me except either two braids or just tie it back and low below my helmet then let it free when I take my helmet off.
  13. cdwise

cdwise Long timer

Oddometer:
    Before I cut my hair it was low and hehind, usually tucked under my jacket if I was going more than just some low speed in town sort of riding.
  14. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:

I'll second (third?) this recommendation. Good stuff!
  15. bykergrrl

bykergrrl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup, french braid doesn't work for me either. One braid down my back, sometimes with the hair glove.
    The other issue is hair breakage from the wind velocity. For me, good hair conditioner is vital. Also, I've started using a really small amount of coconut oil on my hair to keep it from drying out and keeping breakage down.

16. LadyDraco

Oddometer:
    Also eating ground Flax seed ,really helps the hair with breakage from the inside... :D
  17. NonstopBanana

NonstopBanana Thumper Rider

Oddometer:
    I've been using this product http://raci-babi.com for the last couple of years with my long hair, and I love it. They seem to have some website issues, but I hope they fix it. The Facebook page is up, not sure if you can order that way: https://www.facebook.com/RaciBabi

It's kind of dorky putting it on, but it's worth it if you don't want to deal with helmet hair after every ride. I use it for my 20 minute commute, long trips, riding in the dirt - pretty much never put a helmet on without it.

I used to braid my hair, but it would still get all tangled up at the back of the neck, and the sun/wind exposure was not doing it any favours either. Plus braiding makes it wavy, which is not always what I want. Now at the end of the ride, my hair is completely normal, no tangles, no split ends, no fuss of any kind. I have the kind of hair that if I let it air dry after washing it looks good and does not need brushing. This liner keeps it that way, so I love the low maintenance factor. But even if I get a professional blow out, and then ride for an hour, it looks just as good at the destination.

Plus: a shoutout to the continuous BC pill. I've never been a fan of periods and I think getting rid of those ranks about as high as laser eye surgery in terms of liberating acts that make an active lifestyle so much more natural and hassle free. I can't believe there were only 2 mentions of this in the 7 years this thread was around.
  18. MotoFlicka

MotoFlicka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On the "sore lady parts" as a hard core long distance cyclist I also employed a product called "Brave Soldier" - the after lube has a bit of an analgesic effect and minimizes swelling and feels great. After riding the stock KTM saddle on the highway it would be fantastic!!
  19. brazen13

brazen13 frabjous!

Oddometer:
    I don't hop on very often but saw this and would like to second this! I discovered this about 2 years ago at a rally and it was $20 well spent. I agree sometimes it feels dorky LOL but so worth it. My hair doesn't get AS sweaty from just the helmet and Sunday nights are much easier not having all those knots! :D
  20. AnyDay

AnyDay Wants more time off

Oddometer:
    If anyone will be at the BMW MOA Rally in Billings, Montana in July, we're going to do an all-women's adventure ride on Saturday 7/25 at 9am. Scouting it next week, so pics soon.

Should I start a new thread for that?