1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Speculation about the next generation Boxer GS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by leafman60, Jul 11, 2019.

1. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Smaller engine is only half of the equation, get the weight down over the whole design aiming at an equivalent power / weight ratio of now with better handling due to the lack of weight, i think i may be repeating myself here. In cowboy terms its like comparing a draught horse to a quarter horse.:*sip*
  2. Bikerboy108

Bikerboy108 Pat from Jersey

Oddometer:
    carbon fiber pistons and cylinders
  3. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Composites may well be in the mix for moving engine parts into the not too distant. I'm thinking super light reciprocating weight parts, super low surface friction and much increased thermal efficiency. My working life was big passenger aircraft, the advances in that field by the time i retired were stupendous. When i started the 747 was the new king and now it's the lightened pared down 787.:bubba
  4. HackyMoto

HackyMoto TEAM USA GS TROPHY 2012

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking direct injection would be the next step.
  5. leafman60

leafman60 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I recall correctly, BMW sought patent protection a few years ago for certain designs of carbon fiber frames.

6. CaliKarl

CaliKarl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My GSA is very easy to maneuver around a parking lot. The combination of a low center of gravity, neutral handling, and smooth throttle make it a breeze at tip-toe speeds.
  7. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Must agree with those here that say the big fat new boxers sell like hot cakes, here in bend over to pay for it australia , i have never seen so many BMW's out and about as i do now with the water cooled boxers, people are queuing to buy them.:lol3
    Zurgg and NorthIdaho800gsa like this.