Speed Triple 1200 announced

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Tritigex, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Nosotros Racing

Nosotros Racing Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We shall see in time.
  2. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    All I know is this: I have an ‘18 Street Triple RS and it’s a flat out hoot of a bike to ride. Per the spec, mine is right at 401# wet with 121 HP and I believe the spec weight. It feels like a featherweight and lighter than my 309# Ducati Monster that I put on a scale (mass centralization of whatever).

+ 36# and +50 HP sounds amazing to me.

My two biggest issues with my ‘03 Triple were weight and too vertical a riding position. The Street addressed both those issues for me. I hope the new Speedie has that same impact.
  3. Nosotros Racing

Nosotros Racing Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A friend who had a 1050 Speed Triple between two Ducati's had the same issues.
  4. vsteel

vsteel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I liked the more vertical riding position.
    rick danger and 3sum like this.
  5. 3sum

3sum local Triumph fanboy

Oddometer:
    One of my all time favorite bikes was my 04 S3. Yeah it didn’t have the styling of the 05+ 1050’s but damn what a fun bike to ride. I actually liked it better than my ‘10 Anniversary Edition (although that Anniversary Edition was gorgeous).
  6. mjfields_228

mjfields_228 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry if these are not embedded. If not just click the links and enjoy!!!

Chillis, Gone Troppo and Florida Lime like this.
  7. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Somewhat bemused observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    44 teeth liked it...but think the other super nakeds are better....

Both great YouTube reviews...I like both of those reviewers.

Thanks.
  8. mjfields_228

Oddometer:
    They did not make any comparisons to the Ducati Street Fighter V4. I owned a Super Duke R and find it hard to believe the new Speedy has as much brute power as the Beast. Rode a Tuono Factory for about 45 minutes and was totally blown away with it's power delivery. But my current Triple (2019 RS) is simply the most enjoyable enjoyable engine all around that leads me to think the extra step up in design and power of the new 1200RS will make it "Just Right" for me. I really do want one and will look at it seriously once they show up in my local dealers shop.
  9. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Florida, but soon fulltime in Robbinsville, NC
    Just a nudge. :augie
    20210515_145556.jpg
    Or two.
    20210515_145619.jpg
    Chillis, Volfy and oldoval like this.
  10. mjfields_228

Oddometer:
    I just happened to be at Eurocycles, Orlando right around the same time you were at Florida Sports, Stuart!!!

As I walked across the showroom floor my eyes suddenly became fixated upon this goddess as she waited for me toward the back of the store. I did not walk to her--I floated thru the air and just hovered over her. People were talking to me but I could not hear their voices. i just gazed. Corey the Service Manager finally walked over to me and slapped me out of my trance. He asked if I had seen the new dash yet. I replied; yes, in the 27 videos I have watched 3 times each. He then added; "But have you seen it in person yet?" I sheepishly said "This was my first time being around her in person." Corey quickly went to one of the offices and grabbed the fob. He returned and activated the display and wowwy wow wow it is really nice. Triumph did an amazing job on this one.

That was early afternoon on Saturday. I did not buy it nor did I put down a deposit on it. I walked to sleep on it and think it thru 600 or 1300 times. If it is still un-sold at 9AM on Tuesday when they re-open I will secure it with a deposit.

[​IMG]SPEED1200RS by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    LongW, misinformed, 3sum and 4 others like this.
  11. Florida Lime

Oddometer:
  12. mjfields_228

Oddometer:
    Today was the day. Left work early to head over to the City of Orlando Florida to finalize my adoption of the latest family member to Fields Motorcycles INC. Euro Cycles of Orlando has been a frequent source for my Moto Fleet. I cannot give enough praise to the staff there. Corey, the service manager and long time trusted mechanic, has been wearing multiple hats as of late and he worked up the deal for my 2022 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS. Albeit no discounts were given on the MSRP for the bike but my trade in allowance for my 2017 Ducati Hyper SP was more than fair. Furthermore, I added a fuck-ton of accessories and Corey discounted the price of those and installation price was deeply discounted. I am extremely happy with the entire package deal.

First ride impressions...........
    I found it to be slightly more roomy than my 2019 RS and the harshness some reviewers claimed did not reveal itself to me. It is absolutely enjoyable to just putt-putt about and when you get on it it remains very poised and well planted. The power far exceeds my expectations. I was skeptical at some reviewers stating that it was on par with the KTM 1290 Super Duke and Aprilia Tuono 1100. But those reservations quickly faded when I hit it hard. The best way I can describe the power this bike effortlessly delivers is that if you have ever body boarded in really large surf (12 to 15 ft) and the wave breaks around you and you surge forward at a very quick speed......it is like that but more controlled.

I will shut up now and leave you all with some eye candy for the evening. Cheers!!!!

[​IMG]SPEEDY1200RS_1 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Speedy1200RS_3 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Speedy1200RS_4 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Speedy1200RS_5 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Speedy1200RS_7 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Speedy1200RS_8 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Speedy1200RS_9 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Speedy1200RS_11 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Speedy1200RS_12 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Speedy1200RS_14 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Speedy1200RS_15 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
  13. pjensen641

pjensen641 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Excellent pics! Gloss black is be best of the available colors.

Need to knock the Triumph paint design doofus off his stand and get him/her/they to offer actual colors. Gloss white with silver RS badges is an obvious one. Make mine the metallic green from the Scrambler 1200 and yellow RS badges. The 1200 Scrambler Blue with white or red badges could be good too. They KNOW how to do it, they have done it on other bikes, and they did it all the time in the 2000's and early 2010's.
  14. Florida Lime

Oddometer:
    While I'm not 100% sold on the color choices for the 2022, I actually prefer the matt silver with the green(ish) stripes.
    upload_2021-5-20_13-35-58.png

I wouldn't mind a nice BRG with gold pinstriping though. :D
  15. Patek

Patek Long timer

Oddometer: