Speedo Remote Questions

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Chipper, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Chipper

Chipper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there a plug on speedo wiring to hook up the KTM EXC speedo remote buttons? Can you use it to do all of funtions on speedo? Have one off a 450EXC and am going to try. What mounts did use?Thanks
  2. woodsrider

woodsrider .........................

Oddometer:
    Check out this post. Nightstalker has a digital pic of the plug, which is located behind the headlight. Note that his particular tripmaster switch IS NOT the same as the one on the 450 EXC. The 450 tripmaster has an integral plastic clamp, and can be mounted immediately inboard of the left side mirror mount.

See my post later on in that thread, including pics of the extra tripmaster switch that I ordered (around US$70). Installation is really simple; just plug it in and you're ready to go.
  3. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    let see I install one,
    first i use a clamp(22MM rubber cover tube clampand a 30MMX4MM bolt) from the carbon canister holder from the GS(i'm sure is a million of them floating around) I install it kind of downwards next to the turn signal pot and the Ergos are perfect(sorry no photos at the moment)remeneber i also move the levers by about 1 1/2'like this
    [​IMG] so i have sufficient room in between the perch and the turn signal control.
    about the performance and ussability I'm not that impress,the botton on the far edge moves from Speedo to the trip metters
    and one of the other two can change(subcract) numbers on the second trip metter,but so far that is about it,,,
    I quess i was just waiting for more,,a delite function for example,,anyway the wire installation takes about 10 second(just a plug) and if you don't like it you just take it out..

if you already have it i will use it,if you need to buy it,,maybe I will not recomend it..(my own little opinion)