SPIDI gear for ADVrider (any doubt we are the best?)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Spidi - on track, Dec 10, 2010.

1. LopezXC

LopezXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dainese is banned for me. After several suites from it, I will never buy it again. Same as Revit.
  2. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quick review of a jacket I kind of accidentally bought (don’t ask); the X-Tour Evo, and I may very well be the only person in North America with one. I think this may have been one of Spidi’s first forays into the laminated jacket realm? It’s the same cut as the X-Tour, so a sport-touring oriented jacket with a very clean look (and only available in black), but according to the product page it uses the same fabric as the Ergo 365 - so in theory it might have achieved CE2 certification if that’s true (although the seam stitching does look different then the Ergo). It’s not the Dermizax membrane, but it is a laminated membrane, whatever Toray product they also use in the (confusingly similarly named) Tour Evo - which is a cut-down Globetracker in styling.

[​IMG]

Has direct to body venting on the under arms, upper shoulders, and back - but that’s it, so I’d characterize this as a spring/fall jacket unless you live in an exceedingly temperate area. Very clean understated design, and a fairly slim fit. That’s a Large on my ~42” suit body - defininately from Spidi’s older sizing chart, where I fall in between a L and XL. Has plenty of stretch Tenax flex zones for the armpits/shoulders though, and has just enough room to sneak a fleece underneath.

I was thinking of returning it to the Spanish vendor I bought it from, but I’ve decided I rather love the sleek and relatively understated look of it. I’m hoping Spidi puts out a legit mesh jacket next year (something like a Rev’it Cayenne Pro competitor) with actual abrasion resistance, so that can be my summer jacket and this is my early/late season jacket for less technical looks then the Globetracker. If you’re looking for a minimal sport-touring textile jacket and the ventilation limitations fit you, it might be worth searching one out from a European vendor. Most places are down to their last stock, and it’s in the $300 range - seems like a very good price for a jacket using what was the top of the food chain Spidi fabrics.

Speaking of the Globetracker, a quick shot of the whole suit + Arai XD4 (that has orange highlights which match the GT exactly). It’s quite remarkable how slim the suit lies compared to the offerings from Klim/BMW/etc:

[​IMG]
    Oeths and Manray like this.
  3. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Somebody is addicted to Spidi products :jack
  4. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Look, just because I’ve owned/tried on 7 textile jackets, 1 leather jacket, 5 textile pants, a leather suit, 1 pair of jeans, and 2 pairs of gloves doesn’t mean anything.

Dear god somebody help
  5. Toei

Toei Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. Ibraz

Ibraz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And can you tell us where to get Spidi products in Canada?
    Really like my Hypersport jacket and would buy something similar in a size larger.
  7. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wooooww, look at all that sexy new certified gear.

Some nice looking new leather jackets and pants in there too.
  8. Spidi - on track

Spidi - on track Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Toei you are correct, there is no new production of Globetracker coming. It's still in the catalog as many dealers still have it and might need information on the product, but production is over.
    But as @cblais19 said, there is a full bunch of new certified touring products coming!

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

www.spidimagazine.com/
    www.facebook.com/spidisport
    #SPIDIPEOPLE #RideTrue
  9. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    When do we get details on that new touring suit? It's using Cordura now? Is it laminated???

:p
  10. Toei

Toei Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Matteo- Thanks for the confirmation. I'm kind of bummed that the fabric (and membrane?) of Globetracker doesn't appear to be carrying forward. Cordura is a downgrade IMO.
  11. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
  12. ozcruiser

ozcruiser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    0DE78788-99CC-45A6-B0C7-8CCAB1B1B0B4.jpeg My son came home on Boxing Day with a well made two piece Spidi racing suit. He rides a silver Ducati so it matches well. Not sure on the age but it’s in great shape never been down the road. The only problem is the knee sliders came off the Velcro material on the pants any recomadations on the best glue to attach back on.
    All the best for the new year guys.
  13. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Wow, that's an old one! Nice find, it's in great shape.
    To be honest I would suggest replacing the complete knee sliders with a new pair; you don't wanna risk losing a knee puck on the fwy or race track at high speed. It can get pretty dangerous to other riders and cars...

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

www.spidimagazine.com/
    www.facebook.com/spidisport
    #SPIDIPEOPLE #RideTrue
  14. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some of the ‘19 Spidi gear is showing up over at Revzilla - most lacking photos so far. The Alpentrophy is up though, and at first look it’s a massive step back from the Globetracker. Venting is minimal, it’s using the H2Out membrane, but at least it’s cheaper (and does have very clean styling).

Interested to see how the Netrunner looks once those photos show up - $350 for an AA certified mesh jacket seems quite solid, plus it includes an over/under waterproof layer. Disappointed to see it’s using the old crappy Forcetech armor instead of at least the Warrior Lite CE1 if not the new CE2 Warrior lite they list in the catelogue. Matteo - maybe it’s not a big deal for most people, but that’s a real point where you’re behind most other companies at this point.
  15. Riteris

Riteris Dessert Runner

Oddometer:
    A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital

When dis Alcoholics Anonymous start certifying jackets? Is this a trend?
  16. serrge

serrge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's unexpected Spidi news: The Ducati Tour C3 Jacket (with matching pants) https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/apparel/APP001659

Made by Spidi. Laminated waterproof membrane with big vents on chest à la Globetracker! More conventional venting on the back. It supposedly also has vents in the arms, but hard to see where in the pictures. The Ducati branding doesn't scream too much, so I wouldn't mind riding this on my BMW, because it seems pretty close to an ideal sport-touring jacket! Now wondering if it's a 2 or 3 layer waterproof membrane construction and where are those arm vents located...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Oeths

Oeths Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The description states "-Fixed membrane z-liner H2OUT "
    There is no outershell waterproof membrane, the membrane is in the 2nd layer and it is not removable.
    Meaning this jacket is completely different from the Globetracker.
  18. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Huh, that's actually completely different then anything currently in their lineup. It's a direct-venting Z-Liner jacket, which is pretty unique.

Check out their new (forthcoming?) AlpineTrophy jacket though, it's a very similar cut and pattern but using much better materials & their H2Out laminated membrane.
  19. serrge

serrge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Damn, you're right.

I see now how it works. From the Ducati product page:

"Dynamic Vent: an innovative solution that allows abundant air flow inside the jacket by simultaneously opening the external ventilation panels (on the chest) and the highlighted internal waterproof zippers at chest height"

So that highlighted zipper must be placed on the membrane. I'd need to test that to check the effectiveness compared to a laminated jacket.
  20. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Think of it as being a 2 layer jacket, with the inner waterproof layer permanently sewed in to the outer jacket. Generally that means no direct venting, but they seem to have fixed that here - however the downside of the outer layer being able to soak up water remains. Like I said earlier, I think their new AlpineTrophy does the same thing better (except the venting).
    Oeths likes this.