SPIDI gear for ADVrider (any doubt we are the best?)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Spidi - on track, Dec 10, 2010.

1. serrge

serrge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Alpentrophy. I wonder when will they put that on their site with photos. Seems to have less venting compared to the Globetracker. Also, what's the practical difference between 2 and 3 layers laminate?
  2. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The way they make the fabric. A 3 layer has an inter lining. 2 layer is face + laminate and an inner coating to protect the laminate.
  3. Oeths

Oeths Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Correct, the soaked membrane sux for cold weather and it takes long time to dry them...
  4. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So the new Netrunner summer jacket has arrived in the US, and me being me I have one in my hands. This is a CE ‘AA’ rated mesh/summer jacket, and includes Spidi’s new “OverUnder” evolution of their H2Out liner. The jacket itself is quite nice, large mesh panels all over, the lower sleeve zipper is partially mesh backed so you can open it in lower speed situations for maximum sleeve airflow, standard Spidi trim cut with a full range of adjustment to tailor the fit. Interestingly enough, it’s only 27% nylon on the outside, the rest is poly. Still makes it to ‘AA’ - but I’d anticipate it being done after a higher speed collision.

The other half of the equation is the new waterproof liner. If you’ve owned some of the older Spidi stuff, it’s very similar to their old liner that was meant to also be worn as a standalone destination waterproof jacket. The hem has two lengths, one snapped up and one fully unfurled to be worn over top of the mesh jacket for heavier rain - with elastication in the rear and snaps up front to keep it as snug as possible and avoid flapping. The collar is extremely high as well, covers the entire neck. Seam taping is very good, you can’t see the stitching through the tape unlike the older liners.

All in all, it’s a nice summer offering. I’m wondering how some of their older jackets would fare under the new CE testing - I had another mesh jacket from them that had Dynatec mesh and far more nylon/Tenex content - but was also fairly warm. I think if you’re looking for the most protective mesh jacket that doesn’t look like ass (Motoport); Rev’it’s Cayenne Pro still takes the crown with it’s entirely 750D nylon outer layer and Dynatec mesh panels. At $350, the Netrunner with its OverUnder liner makes a good alternative to the BMW Rallye though; similar waterproof concept, and the Rallye is using a wool blend Cordura as its main shell.

I think the Klim Induction probably has slightly better materials, but I refuse to buy a jacket that doesn’t have the ability to snug down the fit at the back/chest - since I taper pretty significantly down from my shoulders to the waist and hate the balloon look.
  5. Spidi - on track

Spidi - on track Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi @cblais19 and thank you! I was really looking forward to your review!
    Yeah, I agree with you, the Netrunner is a great solution for touring in the hot season and I dig the InsideOUT Membrane. So useful!

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

www.spidimagazine.com/
    www.facebook.com/spidisport
    #SPIDIPEOPLE #RideTrue
  6. justrider

justrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think that your products are very good. However your sizing is to small like other European manufactures. Aerostich and Klim are the only ones to offer sizing of anything over a 38inch waist size. I have a 42 inch waist and nothing European fits even remotely close.
  7. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Certain of their pants are available up to a 7XL. It’s not the full lineup, because there’s not a ton of demand in their major markets.
  8. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    Some of us appreciate that, because tall and thin in this country doesn’t exist in aparral companies designs, and that they don’t use vanity sizing, a L is an actual L.
    cblais19 likes this.
  9. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    And also that there's multiple points of adjustment for the lower torso so it doesn't feel like you're wearing a bag.
  10. KirMed

KirMed n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, could you tell me please which temperature range the Netrunner supposed to use for summer months. Between 10 and 40 degrees Celsius? What about arrangement for chest protector? Thanks in advance
  11. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It’s a mesh with a water/wind proof liner. You could probably get away with wearing it in the low 20s with a light jacket underneath, but it’s really going to shine as you get into the 30s and above.
  12. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Netrunner won't be ideal to face temperature lower and 15/20 C° as it doesn't have a thermo liner (but it can be added as optional). NetRunner doesn't have attachments for the optional Chest Protector, but only for the Warrior Back protectors.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

www.spidimagazine.com/
    #SPIDIPEOPLE #RideTrue
  13. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Traveler 2 Robust goes up to size 6XL and that fits chest circumference up to 155cm.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

www.spidimagazine.com/
    #SPIDIPEOPLE #RideTrue
  14. KirMed

KirMed n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Matteo! I can’t make a decision with Netrunner suit sizing. Need your professional advice.
    My measurements are:
    Height-180 cm
    Weight- 78 kg
    Chest-101 cmm
    Waist-86cm
    Belly-86cm
    Arms-84cm
    Inseam-80 cm
    In addition, may be it will help , my Motorcycle-Honda Africa twin crf1000l, riding style - a lot of off-road.I plan to use sometimes a thermo liner underjacket.
    I think m size for pants, but I’m in doubt about jacket sizing (M or L ?) don’t know.
    Could you tell me please what size of Netrunner should work for me ? Thanks in advance.
  15. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
  16. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Matteo, any idea when we'll see the new CE2 Warrior Lite armor show up in stores? I'm a big fan of the coverage & flexibility of the stuff but would like the higher impact mitigation.
  17. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi @cblais19, many of our new jackets and pants already feature the new Lev.2 Warrior Lite protectors. About the replacements protectors available on stores I still don't have a date, but should be soon.
    I'll keep you posted.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

www.spidimagazine.com/
    #SPIDIPEOPLE #RideTrue
  18. Dazzler71

Dazzler71 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have been using a Spidi h2out jacket for the last few months while doing 16,000k's around South America.
    It's freaking awesome, keeps me snug when it's cold and wet and is vented well enough that I don't cook while riding in the heat. It's copped all weather and my poor treatment and is still 100% intact. Thanks Spidi.
    IMG_20190121_215640_053.jpg
    Instagram_gypsy_s1rider__44321683_2147849848799786_4582771465367060480_n.jpg
    pingvin likes this.
  19. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    After about a year of wear & well over 10k miles I’ve finally acknowledged that my Globetracker in Large is a bit big, so I’ve promptly replaced it with another one in Medium :p. I’ve tried so many other laminated 4-season jackets, and have gone back to my GT in the closet every time.

It’s over in the Flea Market for a good price, hopefully somebody else here will give it a good home.
  20. BabisStinson

BabisStinson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @Spidi - on track

Ciao Matteo,
    Unfortunately after only one riding season (some months..) my TX-2 gloves were ripped in 2 fingers, just by using them. I can't imagine what could happen if I fell in a crash.

Perhaps a production error but an error nontheless.. I will contact the Greek distributor to see if I am entitled for a replacement under warranty, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Babis