SPIDI gear for ADVrider (any doubt we are the best?)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Spidi - on track, Dec 10, 2010.

1. ex-xt

ex-xt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello guys. It seems to be some kind of spidi fans here:clap.
    Anyway i appreciate the gear myself , as mt 3 top are, not in order :roflspidi,dainese and furygan .
    So We ( a pal and me) are going to ride towards Almaty so we need to have a serious material, I will say more featured for hot weather : stans , Turkey, Greece on the way back .
    SO the netrunner seems nice :
    H20 stuf in and out , good for airflow, nice look ,easy to fit for me european ah ah = 1,77 ; 83 kg , well; ok a bit larger than our friends from over-the-alps .
    for the size , height 177, weight 83, waist 102, shoulders 118,chest 105
    And, serioulsy, i love the back and chest protection, helps me once aon big crash with a deer, will always have one !!
    SO now here is the matter ; the hard track pro mighr be using these protections inide .
    2 problems :
    price , so t obuy the jacket, plus the new prot bla bla bla , make easily 300 more
    weight : 2 kg more on a 20000 ride , that is a point
    advice , gentlemen ?
    We will ride as safe as possible , not so young anymore and enjoying to meet people .
  2. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’m not sure what you’re asking? The Netrunner is a good suit for mild to hot temps, although something with controllable ventilation would be my preference if you don’t except constant temperatures over 30.
  3. ex-xt

ex-xt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also understand this matter the same way. Of course there is no way to stay over 30 during all the ride :smile6 trip_2020_map_idea_base_wl3.jpg especially with passes over 4000 m .
    But in case of real cold, i will have the rain jacket over, the softshell and thermic underwear ( same for hiking) , and good offroad boots ; not nicer but possible .
    And in this case, wearing a better suit for hot conditions , and lighter : 3 kg
  4. mneidin

mneidin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a question regarding the pants. I'm not sure what the difference is in all of them.

I have the 4 season h2out jacket, which is awesome. I am looking for getting some pants. I can't figure out why the 4 season cost more than the modular. Then there is the voyager and the netrunner. I'm not considering the globetracker. Can anyone tell me why one would pay more for the 4 season (that doesn't have insulation) than the modular (which does)?

Thanks,

Mark
  5. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The difference is in materials.
  6. LopezXC

LopezXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would like to have some feedback about the new AlpenTrophy suite. I can see it's a two layer jacket, with waterproof liner attached to the cordura layer.

Someone have it?
  7. Valentino

Valentino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if the Globetracker gloves are CE-certified and what their knuckle protection's like?

spidi_globetracker_3.jpg
  8. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like Matteo is no longer participating in this site, which is unfortunate.

Spidi has some really neat suits recently released in Europe, the most interesting probably being the new Allroad, which has the same over/under geared membrane as their Netrunner, but controllable ventilation. Largest mesh panels they’ve had in a jacket to date, looks like a Dainese Explorer 2 / Rallye suit competitor. Debating picking one up for warm weather riding, $450ish from Italy. CE2 armor finally too, although their Warrior CE2 stuff is nowhere near the level of Forcefield/D3Os best - not sure how their Forcetech CE2 stacks up.

They’ve got a new laminated touring suit too, but I don’t think it has enough vents (ARMS NEED AIRFLOW TOO SPIDI).
    Valentino likes this.
  9. MZ5

MZ5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just saw the Allroad, myself. That looks like a good follow-up to my Ergo Pro, or more particularly for me, a good (similar protection?) replacement pant.

Thoughts?
  10. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you have an Ergo Pro, this won’t have nearly the same all over abrasion resistance - but has CE2 protectors now which for soft roading is probably more important anyway. I think the Ergo Pro pants also had flow through venting, and don’t think this does?

I view it as more a Dainese D-Explorer / BMW Rallye / Rev’it Sand competitor - biased towards off pavement riding. Still planning to get one, the retailer I ordered a replacement Globetracker jacket via seems to have lost it somehow.
  11. MZ5

MZ5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I was reading some more and realized too late that the new CE AA rating is _FAR_ less than the old Level 2 rating. The Ergo pants weren’t CE certified, but Matteo always said they weren’t submitted but made the same way with the same ‘stuff’ as the jacket, so I figured they were at least close.

<sigh> I guess the search continues...
  12. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ergo pro jackets come up for sale occasionally for dirt cheap. Dunno why. It's the gold standard to me. I think spidi tried to do too much with all the cheap removable junk trying to justify the high MSRP and turned people off. Strip off the removable stuff, and you're left with a jacket that does everything and does it well. I'll never sell mine
  13. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Except they’re all either Medium or XL, and the pants NEVER show up :p. The outer shell IS very heavy for a non-laminated jacket, even without armor in it. When I weighed it, I think it was nearly 2lbs heavier then my Globetracker. Wish it had the additional lat area adjusters their more recent jackets do, might’ve been able to make the Xl work for me.

@MZ5 if you can find a pair of Globetracker pants in your size, they’re the next best thing - Spidi certified them to the old level 1 standard before the 17595 came out and then went with AA on the final spec. Laminated waterproof too, which is kind of nice.
  14. levain

Oddometer:
    I'll put mine on a scale. The liners and anything that can be zipped off has been in a box for 5 years. Doesn't seem that heavy to me. It is laminated mostly, but water makes its way in for sure.
  15. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    IIRC, it was slightly lighter then the enduroguard I had in at the time while heavier then the Globetracker (no armor in any, shell only). I had the pockets on it still, since they’re part of the jacket imo - and the rear pocket is a big chunk of reflectives. That’s another standout of the Ergo - the best reflective scheme I’ve ever seen on a jacket; and it’s all the expensive laminated scotchlite stuff.
  16. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Which iteration of the Ergo Pro do you have?
  17. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    We’re talking About the Ergo Pro 365.
  18. levain

Oddometer:
  19. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
  20. MZ5

MZ5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't recall any earlier versions(?). The only two versions I recall either had or did not have an additional low-back zip-off pouch and the drink bladder, but the actual jacket was the same. Maybe I missed something...

@cblais19 , thanks for the tip on the Globetracker pants.