spins, trips, rants, raves, fotos, messin around and all that kinda stuff....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by mka, May 23, 2013.

1. black top bob

black top bob gray goat Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in. I'm liking that seat and those rims. Dumped mine last summer, rode it the whole way under the ass end of a pickup truck. Big fucking ouch. Be safe.
    mka and Frey Bentos like this.
  2. Frey Bentos

Frey Bentos Probably doing a drawing. Or scratching my arse.

Oddometer:
    So, County Fermanagh when the Sun is out. A pleasant place to be.
    Looking out over Lower Lough Erne. The Manor House Hotel is in the background. Plenty of things to do for any of you that like dicking around in boats.
    P1330414.JPG
    mka, 9Realms and black top bob like this.
  3. Frey Bentos

Oddometer:
    Further along the shore. An old telephone box. I'm sure our genial thread starter and host, MKA could wax lyrically about whispered telephone calls, illicit and unsolicited, late at night from the side of this road under the pale moonlight. Promises and pleadings from trembling lips into the mouthpiece with breathy misting's P1330422.JPG in the cool night air, to reach the straining ears of unrequited lovers. Or something..
    Shooby, mka, Robthekiwi and 4 others like this.
  4. Frey Bentos

Oddometer:
    Out again this morning. Pissing around the back roads of County Sligo.
    P1330635 plate.jpg P1330642.JPG P1330644.JPG P1330656 plate.jpg
    popscycle, mka and black top bob like this.
  5. Frey Bentos

Oddometer:
    By the by, I have a large Givi tank bag that uses straps and a tank bra. And I fucking hate it. Too big, too wobbly despite running everything as tight as it will go and leaky in rain. And I paid a fortune ( for me) for it. I've had cheapy ones that performed better. All I want is a smallish magnet one but they seem to be like Unicorn shit around here.
    mka and black top bob like this.
  6. Frey Bentos

Oddometer:
    Have had a few days off and have been working through a list of things to do. ( Wash the house. Paint the house. Sort out the lawn....2 out of 3 and all that.) But I stole a day or two to get out and about. I headed off to Clifden one fine and sunny morning. I never rode so far on this bike or any naked bike. By the time I got home 350 miles later, I felt like my bones were made of butter. The screen went on a day or so after..
    THis isn't far from my house. On a back road between Manorhamilton and Sligo. An absolutely idyllic spot.
    P1330704.JPG
    popscycle, mka, black top bob and 2 others like this.
  7. Frey Bentos

Oddometer:
    Silverstrand beach, to the west of Louisburgh. Ye'd definitely need a week or more to explore these parts.
    P1330713.JPG
  8. Frey Bentos

Oddometer:
    Halfway stop. café in Clifden. I'd been here before and got a rather spiffing steak sandwich. Unfortunately the fucking vegans had landed and I ended up with a coffee and scone. Harumph.
    IMG_20190917_151254 plate.jpg
    mka, black top bob and Suncoaster like this.
  9. black top bob

Oddometer:
    I could ride around my area of Pennsylvania and match the names of places you guys have given us. The heritage from your country to here is very cool. Our Sligo is up in Clarion county, along with about fifty other places just within my own poverty block. Peace
    mka and Frey Bentos like this.
  10. Frey Bentos

Oddometer:
    A few years ago I stayed in Baltimore, down on the south coast of county Cork. It was cleaned out, one dark night many years ago by slave traders.
  11. Suncoaster

Suncoaster Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.
    There's an excellent book about that by Giles Milton - "White Gold: The Extraordinary Story of Thomas Pellow"
    mka, black top bob and Frey Bentos like this.
  12. Frey Bentos

Oddometer:
    Read the entry of this on Amazon. Stuck it in my list. Looks interesting. Cheers.
    black top bob and Suncoaster like this.
  13. black top bob

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that literary connection. I gotta read that. As a retired teacher I am ashamed I never heard of this. Sometimes, I realize how hillbilly dumb I am. Way too many noggin thumps.
    Frey Bentos likes this.
  14. mka

mka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good God i musta overslept awhile...............................
    truth be told i haven't had a minutes peace since the last time we spoke, and bloodyhell there's been a few changes inda world since then !
    With detrumpetyman and the poisninnputineman and the nineteenstationsofdecovidddyting the wholeworldsagonetoshitina, jobsisgone bethat i mean peeplesjobs and thebouldsteviejobstoo and de economyhmmmm...............depubshere is closed dis last sixmonths me liveritnearlybe cured by now.
    hmmmm i think last time we chatted the world wasn't so bad really..........
    i niver finished up me tripchat about spain so ill put in a few more pictures of warmersunniernhappier days for ya.
    [​IMG]
    me trip was winding down anyways and i feel real bad i just dropped it but i think i was going through some crap in me head (not good in wintertimes !)
    i has to get the hang of puttin in pictures again..............not very clever this clog !
    [​IMG]
    the earth was so red man, and dry..................why is that so important to me.............hmmm
    and vandeman turned 75 this week, happy birthday you genius looper.
  15. black top bob

Oddometer:
    Missed ya. But down here in the hollow the FatDonnieCult thinks the world is just fine. Send guns, money, and lawyers. Oh, and the pictures help.
    mka likes this.
  16. Frey Bentos

Oddometer:
    Thought you'd been sent to one of the colonies. Or maybe you were and swam back under cover of darkness.
  17. mka

mka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey dudes ! great to hear from you again !
    hope you keep posting pics of that luvly bike n the great countryside round here Frey, even though it has been the wettestest summer evah in Ireland.
    me eyesight makes me think things is bigger than they is, is it the same for youse out there.?
    and well...................
    there i wuz sleeping in that big old hotel out indastix
    [​IMG]
    i hid in the back of the wreck of a place to be honest and settled in after dark having gone upndown the road so many times but in the back of me head thinkin' make sure i have enough juice to get to a garage next morning. the ground was so warm to lie on it felt kinda weird but the air cooled mightily.
    [​IMG]
    so next morning i had decisions to make, left right or right left..........got refuelled and all was good. very little in the way of food was ingested but aplenty of water was 'imbibed' indeeed..
    this was a real nice wee village and i got my fix of the local kinda coffee with loads a milk added (i didn't know how to ask for just coffee so i went with da flow like the localistas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    eveerywhere was so dry n crispy, i has to say i loved it as it was so different from home and there was hardly a sinner about all day everyday.
    i was heading for town called godsknowswhat, i knew my time was coming to an end just as i was settling into it.
    my last evening was approaching........
    [​IMG]
    i was getting melancholical.......(!?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    it was time to head out for my last night here and see what kinda mischief i could get into...........
  18. windmills

windmills Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey! Mka is back! :beer

Good to see you man!
    Just what is needed in a world gone all hatstand.
    black top bob likes this.
  19. Coffeeman

Coffeeman Coffeeman

Oddometer:
    Ditto
    black top bob likes this.
  20. mka

mka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys.................great to hear from you , i wuz thinkin' maybe this ould site was not as popular as itwere with all de ads n pop up tingys that be annoyin de head when all i wants ista read and drool atde pictures n'all, so hats off men !!!
    so asi was sayin' the sun twere shlippin' shlippin' down from the sky and i was a bit maudlin indeed....
    [​IMG]
    i rode round the city taking in all the sightsnsounds and heat and general hubbub of life .......... man i was likin this vibenheat and now thinkin back on it little did i know that a wee basterd virusy thing would be puttin a stop to a lot of this kinda travelling.......hmmmm
    the bike, she niver looked better i think
    [​IMG]
    i went out that night with a heavy feeling and really would miss this place even though i hadn't even said hola to anyone in so many days, it kinda crept under my skin this place, rural spain, dusty hot dry deserty all the things i couldnt get at home !!
    met a few people that night but me with no language skills and any amount of mischieving and playing puck we ended up (5 of us) on top of the tower in the background of pic below............there was some view from the other side over the city and out into the dark desert beyond.
    [​IMG]
    next day it was to be a quick long squirt south over the sierra nevada mountains and down to the sea towards Malaga and i wanted to be on best form for the drippy sticky roads that awaited me............
    i attach a couple of pics from my last day roaming the city for your perusal (!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i was goin' to miss this place............