SPOKANE Area Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by PNW Buttercup, Aug 13, 2010.

1. NumberCruncher

NumberCruncher Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have never seen the Spokane thread.

There are three places I regularly buy ethanol free premium in the Spokane area.

As mentioned the 76 gas station in Chester at Dishman and Bowdish.

North of downtown on Highway 2. I get there via the new 395 and exit towards Newport. Once you get back to stoplights, go past Arbys and there is a Conoco on your right. It is NOT the Zip Trip but about 1/8 mile further down the road across from Pione Pines animal hospital. It is also near the local airstrip and the Spokane Motor School.

Union 76 in Rathdrum by the McDonalds.

These 3 pretty much cover every route I ever use either coming or going from Spokane.

NC
    Oldschoolrocker and Fullboost like this.
  2. NumberCruncher

Oddometer:
    Shameless plug Spokane Powersports just North of Francis on Division. The service manager is a real straight shooter and ALWAYS did a great job on my V-Strom. I sold that bike recently so I am Suzuki free but would not hesitate to take ANY bike to these guys. I have not had a bad service anywhere in town and don't know why the fucking text just got so small. I didn't select it that way so must have done something on the keyboard by accident.

I am not sure what to say about folks who don't get a good enough deal on sales and go elsewhere. That is everyone's right but if they are selling bikes at a higher price and can do so I don't fault them. EVERYBODY is out to make a buck and save a buck and I get a chuckle out of the folks who will save $5 on a tire to buy online and not support their local dealer. What happens when they go out of business? How many folks here have lost their job due to foreign competition? Small world folks but do what suits you as we all do that in the end.

Anyway, I love living where there is so much great riding and so little traffic. I do HATE that riding ends in October and doesn't start again until April but that's life around these parts. Seattle isn't any better weather wise. No snow but still too cold and wet to ride.

Maybe I'll run into some of you on the roads this summer.

NC

From Cody lake just south of Republic.

[​IMG]
  3. Fullboost

Fullboost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great picture! And yes I agree, we have awesome riding in this area.

I’ve heard good things about Spokane Powersports too.
    NumberCruncher likes this.
  4. NumberCruncher

Oddometer:
  5. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Meet Up!
    This evening ~ Monday 7/16/18
    5:00 PM until everyone leaves

Fredneck's
    130 Emma St. Rockford, WA
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/frednecks-rockford

Mr. Fisherman and his wife Mysti will be here from the Portland area for a quick visit. There are a number of people that we haven't met yet. If you haven't met the riders in the area and are available come on out and meet everyone.

I hope to see everyone at Frednecks.
    LostAndAlone and PNW Buttercup like this.
  6. PNW Buttercup

PNW Buttercup Dancing with dirt roads...

Oddometer:
    Neither! That is Salmo Lookout, 21 miles from Sullivan Lake.
  7. PNW Buttercup

Oddometer:
    Power Lake, Cooks Lake & Mystic Lake
    20180714_183825.jpg
    20180715_091740_HDR.jpg 20180715_093421_HDR.jpg 20180714_183807.jpg
    SuzyMoto, Ladybug, sorebutt and 2 others like this.
  8. EmptiMind

EmptiMind Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer:
    Aww, missing the meet up. Funny enough we're down in Portland. Hopefully we can catch the next one.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
  9. Cdaxena

Cdaxena Esther J.

Oddometer:
  10. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    It was nice seeing everyone at Frednecks and the tool demo was fun. Thanks Mr. Fisherman.
    IMG_4277.JPG
    PNW Buttercup likes this.
  11. Turbominivanman

Turbominivanman Single track anyone?

Oddometer:
    Those tools look awesome! Can someone who has actually looked at them and touched them give a report?
  12. redneckmech

redneckmech No burrito left behind!

Oddometer:
    It was great to see everyone yesterday, thanks for the parts discussion and tool show! The ride home was uneventful, save for a near miss with a porcupine :yikes those little suckers sure blend in with asphalt in the dark!
  13. Dons1911

Dons1911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I too am interested in how they felt in the hand. I have the original tool roll from Gordon and really like it, but it does eat the room in a pannier or tank bag. These would save a ton in that area! Also, Gordon at RRR Tools is great to deal with and has the absolute BEST customer service on the planet!
  14. redneckmech

redneckmech No burrito left behind!

Oddometer:
    I can attest that it is a very well thought out tool-set! After handling them and looking at the variety of tools that are in the kit I am seriously considering it. The only thing that is currently lacking is a provision for axle nuts, but that feedback has already been brought up :deal. That itself would not be a big issue for me as I already have the Tusk tirespoon/axle wrench set. The entire kit is about the same size as my current 7 piece wrench set and contains MANY more sizes and options. It has all of the needed Allen, Torx, Philips, Flat and pretty much any bit you would need on any bike excepting a Harley :lol3.
    The kit is extremely light for the number of tools contained. I tend to do all maintenance on my bike with the tools I carry on it (so I know what I have in case I need it) With a couple select sockets added (it already has 1/4 and 3/8 adapters), I feel confident that I could do any maintenance/repair that the bike would ever need.
    Mr. Fisherman and somepunk22 like this.
  15. Turbominivanman

Turbominivanman Single track anyone?

Oddometer:
    It looks and sounds like a good kit. I have the motion pro tirespoon/axel wrench set as well, so no issue here.

Is this American made? I could not see a country of manufactur any place in the kickstart listing.
    Also, with only 11 days left and about $33k to go, can he extend his time on kickstart if it doesn't make the mark or how does that work?
  16. Dons1911

Dons1911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anybody know anybody that they'd trust to work on an '05 R1200GS with Servo-Assist brakes? Still having problems with mine, and trying to avoid the 3-4 week wait at the dealer! Not sure whats wrong, but still getting a 'brake failure' light...
  17. Motomedic

Motomedic Over-caffeinated Raconteur Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Dons1911-if you don't already own one, go find yourself a GS911. The last I knew, Ted's Beemershop had the US exclusive on them. With it you'll be able to read/clear codes without having to deal with taking it to a dealer.

Hopefully your ABS/Servo unit hasn't shit the bed and its just a wheel sensor.
    PNW Buttercup likes this.
  18. Dons1911

Dons1911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks @Motomedic, I was wondering if it was resetable. I lost the Final Drive in Arkansas in May and Uhauled it home. Put a rebuilt FD on and get the Brake Failure light now after riding a while, seems to come on sooner if it's hot outside and I'm riding hard. Looking for someone to flush the ABS system, which I've read can be tricky on the Servo Assist bikes, unsure though.
  19. Motomedic

Motomedic Over-caffeinated Raconteur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not super tricky, just a PITA. There's 6 nipples on the unit itself along with the usual caliper ones. And, if I remember correctly, the GS911 can also activate the ABS for a complete bleed. There's probably a YouTube vid, since there seems to be one for just about every thing else....
  20. PNW Buttercup

Oddometer:
    /\ there's your mechanic!!!