SPOKANE Area Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by PNW Buttercup, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like a pretty cool place! (Had to look it up) Well one of these days we’ll meet you there...tic toc I know!! Or at “the shop” ! Cheers!!
  2. jjr66

jjr66 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was wondering how the sale was going? Happy to hear that it’s to close by the end of the month. Yee Haa!,
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  3. overtone

overtone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    US bonds have been catching quite a bid recently; yields and mortgage rates are coming down. It's a great time to refi, and to let the rate float if a new loan is in progress @Oldschoolrocker.

Economic macro indicators are bad just about the world over, but the US is the "prettiest mare at the glue factory" so capital is flowing here. The near term trajectory depends largely on the Fed -- what they do with rates, and do they restart QE, and at what scale.

The inflation genie is out of the bottle, however. It is now abundantly clear to everyone that the "temporary, extraordinary measures" that followed 2008 are the new normal. They can't raise rates, and they can't unwind the 3.x trillion balance sheet remainder. If the Fed does not print quickly and with feeling, every month is going to be like last December (worst stock market December since the Great Depression).

So you have to ask yourself, do the financial elites (who largely supported Hillary) plan to tank this bubble economy before the election, or has some deal been struck, whereby they will print like there's no tomorrow so things look ok in nominal terms as the dollar devalues? That's the short term reality.

Longer term, one thing that's mathematically crystal clear, is that, whether at a global or local scale, the debt in the system is unpayable. Default is unavoidable, whether explicit like with the Puerto Rico bonds, or implicit through inflation. Traditionally, the thieves running the show prefer inflation. It would be wise to hedge against this. And it would be wise, in the medium term, to be long tangibles and short debt. But not short debt yet.. the panic into the "safety" of US bonds is far from over.
  4. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks @overtone !! I am but am not in a hurry if that makes any sense. As far as the rest of what you said, you have a bigger brain than me! Haha!! Smart son of a gun you are! I can fix something for you or maybe rebuild a complex carburetor but ramble off world economics is not one. But I can apreciate one who can. Heck I just learned how to spell PC. Cheers and see you soon I hope!
  5. overtone

Oddometer:
  6. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    Deal!!
  7. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    There are upd
    Thanks for posting this but like Erik most of it flew way over my head. What I took away is it's a good time to refine which I'm doing right now and was a bit concerned if it was a good time or not. You eased my mind. Thanks again!

ADV and this thread have some of the best people out there.
  8. overtone

Oddometer:
    I'm also in the (last stages, hopefully) of a refi that's been dragging on forever. :facepalm: WellsFargo But the rate is not locked, so it's been going further and further down, and there is more room to go. Especially if the ridiculously overvalued, bubble stock market takes a significant hit, there is nowhere else for capital flows of that magnitude to go but the debt market, dropping yields further.

Whatever the interplay of deflation and inflation that awaits, one thing that is certain, is that the US standard of living is going down. We have been creating Federal Reserve Notes out of thin air and handing them to the world in exchange for their productive output, running a huge trade deficit, for decades.. and that scam is slowly winding down. The outsized US military aggression -- how many countries destroyed now, and hundreds of thousands of war dead? -- is in support of this same dynamic. "You will take this green paper, and you will sell oil only for green paper, or you'll be regime changed / color revolution'd / destroyed."

Setting economic and political fires around the world is another strategy to prop up the dollar-centric system, as the elites and investors in affected countries pull out their money and send it to the US, bolstering dollar demand. The current issue in Hong Kong, for instance.. just one of many pressure points in the wrestling match with China. US elites don't give a flying fsck about the issues facing HK populace, or US populace for that matter. It's just a dirty, immoral geostrategic game.
  9. Rapturee2

Rapturee2 Una Stamus/Thin Blue Line Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ladybug, I just found this thread and wanted to say hello from Post Falls...
    smithe and Ladybug like this.
  10. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    I have a set of Shinko 705's on my NC700x and like them a lot. I have ridden them from Nordman Id to nearly the Canadian border on FS302/FS1013. I first broke them in on Moon Pass from Kellogg Id up and over to Avery Id, the tunnels were cool. and just recently i made a few trips up to the 4th July pass and rode all around up there on the side roads, trails etc trying different psi to see what works best off-road or any difference at all.

So far i am pretty happy with f32/r34 respectively(load carrying dependant of course). Then air'ing them back up with the onboard Slime pump 12v outlet. Works great. :{)
    Montuckymonkey likes this.
  11. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Too bad i saw your post late, i was out riding around Saturday and would have happily met up with you guys anywhere along I-90. next time! :{P
    Live2Ride and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  12. Ride Now

Ride Now Graybeard

Oddometer:
    So you run them at 32/34 off road and air them up more for the highway? :D
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  13. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    RN, yes i do. If i'm only going to ride a few miles or so then i do not even bother with adjusting them. However, if i am going to ride a lot off road or a long distance on rough/rocky/gravel roads than yes i do air them down and then back up again when i return to pavement. I find it makes a difference in stability/handling for me YMMV. :{)
    Ride Now and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  14. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    This is the second video my son and i have out together(ok, he did most of the work, i just rode) in our series of riding the Pacific NorthWest. Hope you enjoy it! :{)

liv2rydktms, bpowa, Ride Now and 2 others like this.
  15. dirtystevedirt

dirtystevedirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Day trip to St John to watch little boats buzz thru shallow waters. Meeting this Saturday at Bene's in Cheney at 7:15 for chow and then hitting the road. Or see you at the races.
  16. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Little boat races? :{P
  17. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    upload_2019-8-22_21-39-55.png
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  18. waterman28

waterman28 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IN!!!!!!
  19. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm,. I am supposed to work in the yard, but the wife is out of town.:clap
  20. slackline

slackline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where is this? I googled St Joes and boat races and it gives me ID. Is that where it is? Saw something about this during the motorcycle show, and I'm really interested.

ETA: I don't read good and stuff. St John. Found it...