SPOKANE Area Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by PNW Buttercup, Aug 13, 2010.

1. NumberCruncher

NumberCruncher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any plans for this weekend? Sunny and 90 Saturday will be hot but something about a 90 degree day in May seems so much more appealing than the first week in August where it may still "only" be 90 but everything is brown and dry and wood smoke chokes the air. Sunday will, at least as of now, be rainy and in the 60's.

NC
  2. SilverAdvRdr

SilverAdvRdr Always learning, sometimes teaching Supporter

Oddometer:
    The groups trip over Moon Pass last weekend has me planning... This Friday evening I'm heading out for a quick overnighter to the Moon Pass / Slate Creek area to do some dirt exploring. Plan is to leave CDA around 5pm and get home to Spokane around noon Saturday. A good S24O (sub 24hr overnighter). Anyone interested? Planning will be very loose and go with the flow. Probably set up camp near sunset around Slate Creek Saddle. I'll be riding my GS.
    overtone, redneckmech and pckopp like this.
  3. SilverAdvRdr

Oddometer:
    Had a great S24O ride Friday and Saturday. Slate Creek Saddle still has some snow. Tried it from both the south and the north. Maybe a half mile of snow still on north side. And a 1/4 mile of snow on the south side. Half a dozen water crossings. Watched the sunset and sunrise. Good times!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Right now that looks like a little slice of heaven. Thanks for sharing.
  5. Dusty Pipes

Dusty Pipes Riding Addict

Oddometer:
    Were you heading up Fernan Saddle around 4ish on Friday? If so, I was the KTM 1190 heading down, we passed each other about 2/3rds of the way up. Glad you had a good ride.
  6. SilverAdvRdr

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Didn't see you. Drove by Fernan Lake on I-90, but didn't go up to the saddle. Hope you had a good time on the 1190.
    Dusty Pipes likes this.
  7. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had to go for another loop Thursday! Wow!
    Little falls, Wellpinut, Hunters tavern, Springdale C2469B55-4A6B-4664-8FCD-5799F4EC13C5.jpeg FCD39581-E11C-4205-A366-110BC63F66A2.jpeg Also a chance to hear the new muff sing a tune! 9D7E5A47-ED18-4CBF-8886-6FDAB815B072.jpeg 2354EB7D-3C7B-411D-9408-EE697F5A98A6.jpeg
    LC1, overtone, Bgunn and 7 others like this.
  8. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    I was wondering if the gates were open on Little Falls Dam, it looks like they are. It's time for me to take a ride out there. I have a geocache hidden in the area that needs to be checked on and I like going out there when the water is in full force.

The next time you are riding between Ford and Wellpinit visit the St. Joseph Church: N47 55.118 W117 49.341
    It's not locked and you can go in. I found the history on it once but my googlefoo isn't working for me today.
  9. Cdaxena

Cdaxena Esther J.

Oddometer:
    When do you plan to go out there? I might like to tag along.
  10. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    If I head that direction I'll let you know.
    Cdaxena likes this.
  11. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    I cant guarantee the gate will be open as the worker there closed the gate next to building as where headed home. And for some reason he said he didnt know why it was open? Nice guy though!
    Ladybug likes this.
  12. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
  13. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    If anyone has an interest there is a motorcycle swap meet in Cataldo, ID this weekend. I will be there with Rainbow007 who is selling a bunch of KTM stuff. I don't know what she has left but there is riding gear and stock items her husband took off his bikes. He passed away last year and she already sold the bikes.

If you are out riding in the rain and in the area stop and say hi, it's going to be at the cafe there.

This pandemic thing needs to get over SOON! I bought another bike, a TW200 and I'm leaving Sunday to drive to WI then to CO to get the bike. Too much time at home is a very bad thing for my checking account. It comes with a 4 gallon gas tank so now all I'll have to do is put on side rack and handguards. This will be my sand bike for NM/AZ/UT BDRs :clap

[​IMG]
  14. Bgunn

Bgunn Posible maƱana

Oddometer:
    Lot of sand in Baja too! You have all the bases covered now....
  15. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a pre-2001 model by the looks of the frame color and drum brakes. That stock front tire sucks pretty bad on/in anything other than pavement. I use a Shinko SR241 on all my TW's now (4.00x18 is closest to stock). It's a trials looking tire Shinko lists as a trail tire. It's been good to me and Mrs. Admiral.

Your road trip to pick it up sounds fun as well. If the Super Bug rides anything like my '83 XT200, then the TW will feel a bit different. I like to think of the TW and the Jeep version of a motorcycle.
    Ladybug likes this.
  16. Motomedic

Motomedic Over-caffeinated Raconteur Supporter

Oddometer:
    20200606_142621.jpg

From the top of Hoodoo Mountain....

20200606_140428.jpg

Along the way. Nice day today. A little cloudy but still great riding. Yesterday's rain dampened things down for some great traction with a minimum of dust.

We'll have to do that loop with the group next time we ride. From my house it was around 130 miles, so we could easily extend that with some imagination. If we wanted to be ambitious we could incorporate it into the Nordman/Metaline Falls ride.....:D
  17. mlyamkaw

mlyamkaw Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer:
    Question for ya. Is that just an out and back? Or can you go through? I was up there for the first time a month or so ago, but snow turned me back before reaching the top. I went up FS 2550 near Blanchard.
  18. Motomedic

Motomedic Over-caffeinated Raconteur Supporter

Oddometer:
    I took 2550 from the south end off Blanchard Cutoff all the way north to Dufort Road, then south on Spirit Lake Cutoff and back onto Blanchard Cutoff for the loop.

There were a few soft spots, but no snow. Light traffic and a couple target shooters.
    mlyamkaw likes this.
  19. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Baja is in the neighborhood when going to NM & AZ. :D

You know your TWs - It's an '88.
    I suspect the Superbug is very similar to your XT. I did try a TW years ago in sand and liked it and I hope this bike fills the gap that is sand.
    Thanks for the info on tires. I'll note what you use and when it's time to change tires I'll go with what you use since you do the type of riding I want to be able to do.
  20. Lxvi

Lxvi n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello Spokane. Just an FYI - listed two pair of Trailmax D610 in the Flea Market. Let me know if anyone local needs new shoes. I want the shop space.
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.