Spring Break on the Crooked River - 9th annual...March 28-31, 2019

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Apple Jam, Dec 16, 2018.

1. NEPAChuy

NEPAChuy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ll be out this year if those are the dates. Sadly I’ll be down riding in Baja, Mexico.
    OR_Rider likes this.
  2. Gryphus1

Gryphus1 I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    perfect time of year for Baja!
    Jungle Man likes this.
  3. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Is there a thread started for the 2020 Spring Break yet? I would like to add it to the calendar but couldn't find the thread.
  4. unclehoot

unclehoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LB , no there hasn't been one started yet . AJ and Me we'er thinking that the last week in March like in the past . Why don't You throw it out there and see what the other F.F.'s say ? . Thank You for stepping up and taking over from Scott .
    Ladybug likes this.
  5. pigpen

pigpen Gone Riding

Oddometer:
    FYI Supercross is in Seattle is Mar 28th, I don’t know if that makes any difference to any of you. For me it would be better April 3,4,5 weekend ! I have Noah on the March weekend and will probably be at Supercross! I know I’m only one cog on the wheel, but Uncle Hoot was looking for input! Ya gotta say what’s on your mind with this group, or you will get lost in the shuffle! Hope to see all you FF’s out there!
  6. unclehoot

Oddometer:
    Well to see Your smiling face I too vote for April 3 - 5 ( We will show up on Wednesday the 1st , Aprils fools day ! ) . So lets see what the other F.F.'s say . For Me it isn't the same without T.J. and Marty for that matter . Guess that means that You won't have Noah with You ? , I've been practicing so I can keep up with that Kid !. T.J. if they don't want to show up on the 2nd You and I could show up and have the hole place to our self !!! . So what say You other F.F.'s March or April with T.J. ? .:confused
    Crash Course likes this.
  7. layzrider

layzrider Layzrider

Oddometer:
    Any of the dates work for me. I will be looking forward to camping and riding with you guys again. DSCF1845.JPG
    Scott_PDX and Apple Jam like this.
  8. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    Oregon Spring Break ends on March 28/29 weekend, and March is traditional for Crooked River, so that's my vote.....(sorry, pigpen...)
  9. OrangeYZ

OrangeYZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somebody was saying last year that we should maybe move camp up to the plateau and I forget who it was but I agree with them.
    With more people wising up and driving instead of riding the river campground got packed more than it used to. Either the reservoir road staging or corrals staging would have almost unlimited room.
    Other advantages:
    That's where the riding is for the unlicensed people
    Closer to the dirty dual sporting for the licensed people
    More firewood
    We'll know what the weather is going to do more than one minute before it happens

Cons:
    No river
    Camp would be on one of those boring desert highways instead of a cool canyon twisty road
    Crash Course, Hohmie and NEPAChuy like this.
  10. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here you go agin,,it's ray ning here and my skinny old ass is freezing to death in the office with the heater goin,, and I'm wishing I was just 15 miles south of Hells Alien,,,,,,:deal
    anyway,, here YFF's are again, talking about campin in the fucking "frosted seat cover" land like it was a good idea!:vardy,,(some weird force compels you to write your name in the white fuzz where someone's ass has been,,upon the frosted seat,,,sick!)
    Some truly preverted imbalances of the mental variety.

GO NOW! fur fucks ache! you wanna camp in the cold,?:loco,you cain't hardly beat WINTER!:ksteve
    Apple Jam likes this.
  11. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    For me, these are deal killers for the Plateau for this particular gig. Then it's just another OHV Camp, which is fine,...so lets all meet there later in April!!

My Spring Break pilgrimage leads me to the Crooked River each year :nod
    It's just sooooo beautiful there in camp....

[​IMG]

2020 will be the TENTH year, as we started in 2011 (I missed one year with a case of pneumonia).
    Can you all imagine the flash of a white dog across those big canyon hills? I sure can!

12. unclehoot

Oddometer:
    Whats up with You F.F.'s and setting a date this year ?. T.J. I'm going to have to change My mind and go with what Jeff said , "March is traditionally when We camp at the river " and He's right :D . T.J. bring Noah and Someone will have a t.v. in one of the rigs to watch the Supercross . Joe , Crooked River isn't the same without the river or the long walk to the " crapper " . I am going to say it should be March 26 - 29th at the same old spot . we can get more rigs in there ,hell We haven't even parked across the road yet !. So what will it be ? , here ,there , now , then ? . If none of You don't say anything I'm going to use My age as in " the old Fuck " and call it as last in March ( 26 - 29th ) at the same old spot !! . Come on now speak up now so I can start packing ! . :gerg
  13. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    aaaand Hoot's packed already...

[​IMG]

I'll start a new thread this weekend.
    unclehoot likes this.
  14. unclehoot

Oddometer:
    Ya Baby , thats what I want to hear " I'll start a new ( 2020 ) thread this weekend " . Looks like it's up to You and Me Jeff to get this thing going . I am going to tell Rick and George that the date is the 25th ( for Us ) 26th - 29th of March at the same old place . Jeff You ( Me ) got to pack the good stuff first so I don't get ( You know ) happy and forget it . You Guys have never seen Me without a buss , it's not something You really want to see anyway . So there You go , start talking some crap so I can get packing My stuff ! . Happy New Year to all You F.F.'s
  15. A74R1

A74R1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Think I'll have to try to make it again this year... in the van. If you remember the Goldwing trailering blwn away tent trip a couple years ago sent me home early. UGH!
    Scott_PDX and Apple Jam like this.