Spring Rides

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Alaskahack, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:

I'm game for going somewhere this weekend. Riding to work just ain't cuttin' it.
  2. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking eureka again . Some riders wanted to go to Seward, but well see. What did you prefer ?
  3. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    We rode to Seward two weekends in a row, including this past Sunday after Saturday's snowstorm, and the highway was dry and in good condition both times. The scenery is gorgeous with snow still covering the mountains along the entire route. Plus, we got treated to a free lunch with some friendly, handsome guys both times we went. It's hard to beat that!

AlcanRider said they got 2' of heavy, wet snow in Slana. I wonder if he said that just so I won't consider riding up there to visit and pester him???? :lol3

We're riding up to Talkeetna for lunch on Saturday, leaving at 10-ish from the Muldoon Fred Meyers in case anybody wants to join us. (weather dependent, of course....)
  4. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds reasonable, plausible and astute on Jack's part.
  5. Juvat

Juvat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm working Saturday:becca but Sunday I'm game if'n somebody has something they want to do!:clap Note: I work at Alaska Cycle Center; bikes is a way of life!!!
  6. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    I've made up my mind...Sunday morning, weather permitting I'm gonna head South to either Seward or Homer. I'll decide when I get to the intersection.

If anyone who I don't know is interested, I'll be leaving My house in Wasilla at 7:30. If ya wanna ride, we can meet at the Shell station at the end of Fairview Loop at 7:45. Done!
  7. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    If you do Homer on Sunday , are you planning to stay the night or head back.?
    I may head to Homer Saturday, and if your there Sunday. We can prolly ride back into town.
  8. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    I'd definitely ride back. Weather is calling for rain in Seward and Homer, but I don't believe it. Haha, I'm still going, barring anything major...like a snowstorm or something.
  9. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Hmmn.. Okay I'll let u know. Just debating if I should stay a night in homer. But If I don't. I'll just ride there Sunday and back or one day trip on Saturday.
  10. Alaskahack

Alaskahack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nutty and Steve907AK

Keep a eye out for a traveler friend of mine that has been staying with me. He is driving a orange Ural so he's travelling at Ural speed :rofl

His name is Dom and he rode up from Colorado, he going to Seward and Homer but he hasn't made up his mind until he reaches the intersection. I expect him back up in Wasilla in a week or so

Nutty this is the guy that is using his phone for gps he said that they don't have any maps for Canada but there is only one road you have to worry about, pretty hard to get lost :rofl
  11. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Sounds good!

Haha for some reason , we all Can't make up our minds. I'ma just ride south too I guess, well see how nice the weather is, if good, I'll keep heading towards homer.
  12. aufevermike

aufevermike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you want to get some D2D experience, check out the Slilak Loop road. If you have anything other than slicks on your CBR, that is. Unless it is freshly graded. Or better yet, give me jingle let's go for a ride!!!
  13. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    What is this Slilak road you speak of and where is it? I think I am game for this ride, especially if it is south of here.
  14. Fast Idle

Fast Idle Since the Sixties Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think he meant Skilak Lake Loop :1drink. The l is next to the k on my keyboard :roflmust have been a typo.
  15. aufevermike

aufevermike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yup I had drunk fingers this morning. Skilak Lake Loop Road East Junction (Mile 58)It's a 19-mile loop provides access to Skilak Lake and several campgrounds, and links up with the Sterling further west. It is all dirt/gravel. For the most part is a decent road, except after it is freshly graded.
  16. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Rode out to Portier Glacier again down Girdwood. it was a nice ride. cloudy cool, little traffic.

Meet another buddy at the Girdwood tesero who just rode back from Seward. road condition was great that way as well.
  17. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :baldy Goddamit! It’s PORTAGE Glacier!
  18. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Haha thank you !!!

I knew it didn't seem spelled right or sounded right. Ha

P O R T A G E ..portage
  19. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The misses and I are heading out maybe tomorrow evening. Spend the night in cooper landing. Then skilak lake rd. then wander down to kenai maybe homer? Anyone up for it drop me a note.
  20. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    If nothing comes up for this weekend. I'll be riding south this Saturday.
    Well let ya know.